KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Why do so many conservatives believe in Young Earth Creationism?

Why do so many conservatives believe in Young Earth Creationism?
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Catholics have overall accepted the facts of evolution. Pretty sure the Pope even declared as much. Conservative evangelical types not so much.

sorry i missed this. the catholic church was previously anti-evolution, since darwin, but that didn't make them young earth creationists. in fact no holy scripture of any notable christian sect mentions anything about men and dinosaurs living together.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Apr 25th, 2019 at 02:07 AM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 02:05 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by mike brown
@Broly

The evidence that the universe is closer to 14 billion years old than 6000 years old is overwhelming. Radiometric data turns up errors here and there but it's consistent enough to be considered roughly reliable... And there are numerous other factors to consider eg why can we see stars millions of light years away if the universe is only 6000 years old. Sure the measurements can be wrong but then you have to scrap most of what we know about physics etc.

(please log in to view the image)

@ the fact you had to explain that...

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 02:21 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

For some reason, I'm having problems quoting you again, BB. I just tried quoting your post where you pointed out the problems with the dating methods they used to date the earth and your entire reply disappeared again.

Anyway, yeah I agree with everthing you posted there. Also, they've found specimen after specimen of dinosaurs with soft-tissue in them which is totally impossible if dinos are truly millions of years old as they claim. The distance of the moon from the earth is not nearly far enough away for the earth to be billions of years old. There's plenty of other evidence that indicates earth nor the universe is nearly as old as they claim it is. Comets still flying around, not enough salt in the ocean, the fact the sun hasn't burned-out yet, etc, etc, etc, I could go on and on and on.

The only real strong argument evolutionists have for an old universe is starlight. And I admit, that one had me stumped for a long time. However, Kent Hovind pointed out how in the Bible it says several times that God "stretched out the heavens" (which helps to explains the "red shift"and it opened up my eyes to the truth. Evolutionists ask "How could the universe be only 6,000 years old if we can see starlight?" That's the wrong question to ask though. What they should really be asking is "How did the star get from here to there?"

When God created the earth he then later created the stars and "stretched out the heavens". As he strectched them out the stars left behind a trail of light that Adam and Eve saw on the first night. Also, there is great amounts of evidence been shown in fairly recent years that the speed of light is not a constant and very possibly has slowed down since creation.

Some evolutionists who have debated Hovind have claimed that if God stretched out the heavens at the speed of light that the light would be invisible but that is just speculation though and I don't buy it. They have no way to actually prove it. And there also forgetting that God created the laws of the universe. They obey His will. He isn't bound to the laws He Himself created. So, yes, I believe an all-powerful God could get around that problem by still keep the trail of light visible.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 02:29 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

@Broly

The evidence that the universe is closer to 14 billion years old than 6000 years old is overwhelming. Radiometric data turns up errors here and there but it's consistent enough to be considered roughly reliable... And there are numerous other factors to consider eg why can we see stars millions of light years away if the universe is only 6000 years old. Sure the measurements can be wrong but then you have to scrap most of what we know about physics etc.

Nah, the overwhelming evidence actually indicates the universe is less than 10,000 years old.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 02:30 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Nah, the overwhelming evidence actually indicates the universe is less than 10,000 years old.

I think...you're trolling.

You can observe sedimentation layers being made in just a few decades. And you can observe these layers in some geological formations which clearly indicate millions of years. Just like rings around a tree. No magic required. That's the simplest of explanations for why a young earth is completely stupid.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 02:32 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
For some reason, I'm having problems quoting you again, BB. I just tried quoting your post where you pointed out the problems with the dating methods they used to date the earth and your entire reply disappeared again.

Anyway, yeah I agree with everthing you posted there. Also, they've found specimen after specimen of dinosaurs with soft-tissue in them which is totally impossible if dinos are truly millions of years old as they claim. The distance of the moon from the earth is not nearly far enough away for the earth to be billions of years old. There's plenty of other evidence that indicates earth nor the universe is nearly as old as they claim it is. Comets still flying around, not enough salt in the ocean, the fact the sun hasn't burned-out yet, etc, etc, etc, I could go on and on and on.

The only real strong argument evolutionists have for an old universe is starlight. And I admit, that one had me stumped for a long time. However, Kent Hovind pointed out how in the Bible it says several times that God "stretched out the heavens" (which helps to explains the "red shift"and it opened up my eyes to the truth. Evolutionists ask "How could the universe be only 6,000 years old if we can see starlight?" That's the wrong question to ask though. What they should really be asking is "How did the star get from here to there?"

When God created the earth he then later created the stars and "stretched out the heavens". As he strectched them out the stars left behind a trail of light that Adam and Eve saw on the first night. Also, there is great amounts of evidence been shown in fairly recent years that the speed of light is not a constant and very possibly has slowed down since creation.

Some evolutionists who have debated Hovind have claimed that if God stretched out the heavens at the speed of light that the light would be invisible but that is just speculation though and I don't buy it. They have no way to actually prove it. And there also forgetting that God created the laws of the universe. They obey His will. He isn't bound to the laws He Himself created. So, yes, I believe an all-powerful God could get around that problem by still keep the trail of light visible.
It's been proven that iron from the blood acts almost like formaldehyde and can maintain soft tissue for millions of years. You nut job.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 09:12 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
I think...you're trolling.

You can observe sedimentation layers being made in just a few decades. And you can observe these layers in some geological formations which clearly indicate millions of years. Just like rings around a tree. No magic required. That's the simplest of explanations for why a young earth is completely stupid.
The whole account is a troll as was his original, that's not to say he doesn't believe elements of this nonsense.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 09:14 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard

The fact your breathing wastes everyone else’s air.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 12:05 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
The fact your breathing wastes everyone else’s air.

Just tell him Trump loves oxygen and he'll hold his breath.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 12:09 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

@Broly

Divine creation could establish that all off the stars light was out here instantly. Science rule of thumb usually has been to put large numbers that are so outlandish that to the common person they just gasp and don’t even try to comprehend it because, who can comprehend 14 billion light years. It doesn’t actually mean anything, it just means a really long time. This board is filled with satan worshipers, people who don’t believe in God and people who actually hate God. Most of them are lost souls. It’s also filled with people who accept Islam over Christianity. So they are already boss, hence the thread on creationism and Christians. The OP didn’t bother to include why do Muslims believe in creationism. The reason is to make Christians feel bad about their beliefs while giving Muslims a pass on theirs because they want to get Muslims in their political party.

I also don’t know why people are so happy to accept “we came from monkeys” when no such link has ever been found.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 12:12 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Broly
Who exactly said the earth was billions of years old? And why should they be believed over the people that think it’s 6000? Who says one group think knows more than the other. Carbon dating is laughable, humans thinking they are God by having all the answers to everything in the past, but we can’t seem to cure cancer.

The same type of people that say the earth is millions or billions of years old are the same intellect and type that can’t give us any real cures for death or cancer, aids etc.

The idea that only certain people have the answers to the past while the same type of people hardly have any answers for the future.
@Broly

Broly is clearly a hopeless nihilist. If the universe is completely unknowable and we're doomed to just be guessing then why not just kill yourself? Not having a cure for death or cancer does not mean that other things aren't known with good reliability. It's called science, and it's the reason the computer you're typing on was invented and works consistently. You better not ever go to a doctor either, because they know as much as the hobo down the street and they probably wouldn't charge as much.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 12:26 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
sorry i missed this. the catholic church was previously anti-evolution, since darwin, but that didn't make them young earth creationists. in fact no holy scripture of any notable christian sect mentions anything about men and dinosaurs living together.

I admit ignorance as to what the official stance on creation was with the Catholic church before they eventually came out and admitted that evolution is a settled issue. But I'm guessing it was probably something similar to the literal account of the Genesis creation myth. And yes, no Christian scripture mentions dinosaurs (although some will try to stretch and claim that it does) because they didn't know about dinosaurs back then. Go figure.

Originally posted by Robtard

thumb up

Originally posted by Broly
I also don’t know why people are so happy to accept “we came from monkeys” when no such link has ever been found.

Please visit a museum and learn to science. Links are found all the time. If you remain ignorant of this fact then it is no one's fault but your own. In fact they just discovered a new human species in the Philippines...

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 12:51 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

I admit ignorance as to what the official stance on creation was with the Catholic church before they eventually came out and admitted that evolution is a settled issue. But I'm guessing it was probably something similar to the literal account of the Genesis creation myth. And yes, no Christian scripture mentions dinosaurs (although some will try to stretch and claim that it does) because they didn't know about dinosaurs back then. Go figure.

I've seen creationists attempt to spin biblical "giants" as dinosaurs, which is of course silly, but still the only real attempt I've seen at sourcing holy texts

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 12:56 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

This thread is Gold.

Oh Star, oh Broly laughing

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 01:04 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Broly is clearly a hopeless nihilist. If the universe is completely unknowable and we're doomed to just be guessing then why not just kill yourself? Not having a cure for death or cancer does not mean that other things aren't known with good reliability. It's called science, and it's the reason the computer you're typing on was invented and works consistently. You better not ever go to a doctor either, because they know as much as the hobo down the street and they probably wouldn't charge as much.

Triggered, by all means kill youself first so I have more oxygen to breathsmile

I am happy here on earth, keep looking to the stars for answerslaughing out loud

Last edited by BrolyBlack on Apr 25th, 2019 at 01:13 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 01:06 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

thumb up

Please visit a museum and learn to science. Links are found all the time. If you remain ignorant of this fact then it is no one's fault but your own. In fact they just discovered a new human species in the Philippines...

I was the one that posted that thread about the new species found, thanks for carrying my coat tails. Specifically tell me where it says in there that those remains are the missing link.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 01:16 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Just tell him Trump loves oxygen and he'll hold his breath.

laughing laughing Yeah, that should do it.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 01:24 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

dp

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 01:28 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
I was the one that posted that thread about the new species found, thanks for carrying my coat tails. Specifically tell me where it says in there that those remains are the missing link.

Yeah, I saw it all over facebook and such. KMC is not my primary source for news believe it or not.

The history of life is a tree, not a straight line...

http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-family-tree

...like I said, the information is there. You're being willfully ignorant at this point.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 01:52 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

So wait you are accepting that is fact?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 01:57 PM