KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Forthcoming game suggests the Matrix survives the films

Forthcoming game suggests the Matrix survives the films
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Forthcoming game suggests the Matrix survives the films

A point worth noting is that the forthcoming 'Matrix On-Line' game is, apparently, both set in the Matrix, and set AFTER the time of the films.

Which does not look good for Neo...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 10th, 2003 06:47 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkMage31
Post Master

Ohhh, if we can't unlock Neo in Enter the Matrix, then I hope they will make a game with him in it. Don't you think it is, in a slightly round about way of thinking, destroying the Matrix feel?
-DarkMage31

Old Post Jun 10th, 2003 07:12 PM
DarkMage31 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkMage31 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkMage31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stovenutts
My fez is familiar?

so u think maybe he doesnt destroy the matrix, and the system just does what its spossed to do?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2003 07:19 PM
Stovenutts is currently offline Click here to Send Stovenutts a Private Message Find more posts by Stovenutts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I would certainly count that as a possibility.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 10th, 2003 08:11 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkMage31
Post Master

Was that a response to what I said Stovennutts? If so, you must have misinterpreted what I was trying to say. Like Ushgarak said, that's a possibility, but not what I was trying to say. All I said that was when you don't play as Neo or a main character, it doesn't feel like "The Matrix" as much - just another Max Payne bullet time thing. Not to say that Enter the Matrix is bad or anything - I'm just hoping Neo will be playable in Matrix Online!

Oh, and yes. Maybe he doesn't destroy the Matrix (yet). What I'm thinking is he lets the main human population experiance their "reality" while rebuilding human cities after the machines are defeated so it is less of a transition for all those Matrix-trapped people. If it is after the the final addition to the Matrix series, that tells us he CAN'T have destroyed it unless the Online is thoroughly screwed-up.

See what I'm saying? A point I never intended to make is turning out well! You said it is in the Matrix after the series. Point proven. Neo didn't end the Matrix by the end of the series. Wierd huh!

Last edited by DarkMage31 on Jun 11th, 2003 at 12:14 AM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 12:11 AM
DarkMage31 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkMage31 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkMage31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Which is unlikely, seeing how much the Brother's pay attention to this stuff. So therefore it is very likely that the Matrix continues to exist after Revolutions.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jun 11th, 2003 at 12:18 AM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 12:13 AM
DarkMage31
Post Master

Yes, another good point. I can't wait to see how it ends! Although, I have a feeling it will be a worse mind-boggler than the previous two... there's gotta be layers to the Matrix - matrix inside a matrix inside a matrix... maybe that's how Neo felt the machines outside the Matrix...

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 12:16 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ah well, that can be discussed in the "Is there more than one Matrix" thread.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 12:19 AM
DarkMage31
Post Master

Anyway, I think we have reached a greater understanding of the sequel and I am quite content. I still want to see Neo in Matrix Online...

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 12:19 AM
Stovenutts
My fez is familiar?

sorry a little late...that response was to ushgarak not u darkmage but good point.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 06:23 AM
Stovenutts is currently offline Click here to Send Stovenutts a Private Message Find more posts by Stovenutts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote