KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » How was Sidious able to view TWBW?

How was Sidious able to view TWBW?
Started by: Mendax

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mendax
Hand of God

How was Sidious able to view TWBW?

Was it ever explained how Sidious was able to peer into TWBW in the first place? I'm guessing he already knew of its existence prior to the episode of Rebels, but just couldn't properly access it right?

Like, how was he able to conjure the initial portal and see Ahsoka and Ezra? Why were his powers able to enter that realm, but Sidious himself could not?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 12:10 PM
Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Oh, Palpatine undoubtedly knew about TWBW well before the events of Rebels -- he just didn't know how to physically access it. That's why he needed Ezra to act as his 'tether' to the realm in order to enter it in the flesh.

As for how Palpatine was able to peer into TWBW: I assume it was similar to how Yoda was able to when he and Ezra conversed in season 2(Filoni stated that all took place in TWBW as well.) Except Palpatine clearly used Sith sorcery to do so.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 02:03 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mendax
Hand of God

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
As for how Palpatine was able to peer into TWBW: I assume it was similar to how Yoda was able to when he and Ezra conversed in season 2(Filoni stated that all took place in TWBW as well.)
That was actually TWBW? I figured it was just some sort of exotic power the jedi temple had

Old Post May 1st, 2019 02:33 PM
Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote:
Filoni: "I started seeding, in season 1, this idea of a place where there are stars. When Ezra's in the Jedi Temple, and he gets his lightsaber crystal, he's in that World Between Worlds -- he just doesn't know it yet because he's too naive and he's not fully unlocked [...] The next time he's there with Yoda; and Yoda obviously knows about it, because Yoda's talking to him through this as some kind of conveyance, where they can both exist in this place."

-Rebels: Recon

Old Post May 1st, 2019 05:27 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Was there any reference to TWBW in EU? Or it it a canon-only thing?

Old Post May 1st, 2019 05:29 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

TWBW is canon only concept.

*Also worth noting that in the same episode of Rebels: Recon, Filoni confirms that Palpatine did indeed have preexisting knowledge of TWBW:
quote:
Filoni: "We've long discussed in meetings that the Emperor would be somewhat obsessed with history and the Sith, and that's one of the reasons why he was looking for the Temple on Malachor... And one of the things he knows about is this kind of place, or gateway, where he can control, through time and space, different events through the force."

Old Post May 1st, 2019 05:38 PM