KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » \m/ The Satanic Temple \m/

\m/ The Satanic Temple \m/
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by mike brown
I am not talking about their goal.. I'm referring to the mechanism through which you stated they are preventing theocracy. I agree that trying to keep proselyting out to schools is a good goal. I don't see hailing Satan as a necessary ingredient to that project, for the reasons I pointed out.
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
The Satanic Temple is a non-theistic religious organization focused on halting the encroachment of religion on government.

Secular and church-state separation organizations share the same goal, but are not as successful in their efforts, because they are often denied standing to challenge laws and institutions that confer privileges to majority religions, because they are not religions themselves.

thumb up

And I don't regard a situation where people are free to preach Christianity along side Satanism, Islam Scientology and you name it as a win. None of them have any place in public schools.

Education on multiple religions is a good idea. Indoctrination in one is what's wrong because kids often don't know better.

I know they don't worship Satan. Which is why I think they're phony. Like I said it's like being a Christian that doesn't believe in Jesus.

Incorrect. You could easily follow his supposed teachings without "believing in" him.

Old Post May 1st, 2019 06:04 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TempAccount
Nippon Daisuki

Originally posted by Surtur
Nothing, in the end they essentially "worship" free will.

These folk definitely seem to have been influenced by the "Church of Satan" that cropped up in the 1960's. That was counter culture type stuff.

EDIT: Actually I think it might vary when it comes to what they believe. I think some do see Lucifer as some sort of supernatural force, but not evil.
In superficial ways, Satanic principles resemble the code of the Sith.

I dream of the day I can open a Sith temple.

Banzai Nippon! ばんざい にっぽん!

Old Post May 2nd, 2019 04:13 AM
TempAccount is currently offline Click here to Send TempAccount a Private Message Find more posts by TempAccount Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Old Post May 3rd, 2019 08:20 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

The Satanic Temple gets religion

An interesting read...

quote:
“This idea of worship, it’s usually kind of insulting to people who identify with Satanism, because that implies a sense of servility. Satanism is about personal sovereignty and independence and freedom of will.”_

Lucien Greaves, co-founder, The Satanic Temple

quote:
“In a way, the Satanic Temple has enjoyed such expansive, explosive growth because of the rise of the theocratic right in the United States. Our expansive membership numbers are a response to the Trump administration and Pence being vice president. People are horrified.”

Lucien Greaves, co-founder, The Satanic Temple

quote:
“Religion is a human impulse that has to be satisfied one way or another. We still need to come together in communities organized around values and mythology. I think the Satanic Temple is just showing me a new way.”

Penny Lane, filmmaker

Old Post May 7th, 2019 01:11 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Many school administrators are nominally, if not devoutly, Christian. Therefore, they do not see anything inappropriate about Christian organizations proselytizing in public schools.

So if an Atheist, which is one of the most unpopular minority groups in America, challenges the constitutionality of allowing that group to meet, the administrators are not inclined to entertain that challenge.

They simply argue that the organization in question is permissible, so long as they—on paper—allow similar religious organizations to meet as well. The Satanic Temple simply tests that argument.

This puts the administrators in a bind: if they are honest, then they must permit The Satanic Temple; if they do not, then they must disallow the Christian organizations as well.

The goal is not to get The Satanic Temple in, it is to get Child Evangelism Fellowship out.

Thus far, no After School Satan Club has met. Instead, administrators have banned all after school clubs, or Good News Clubs have voluntarily withdrawn, in order to keep them out.

Based on results, the strategy appears to be working.

To members of The Satanic Temple, Satan is a symbol of rebellion against religious tyranny. In the bible, Satan offers Eve the gift of knowledge, liberating humankind, before leading a rebellion against the unjust authoritarianism of Yahweh. One does not have to believe in a literal Satan to recognize that character as a potent religious symbol.

Problem is, people tend to focus on the few people who wear devil costumes as a goof and dismiss the real reason and strategy for the ST's existence. That or just scream "Devil Worshipers!".

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 7th, 2019 11:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Carlavie85
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, That is very bad for a student to hear something like that from a master. That is the reason I prefer to learn online with professional on https://www.fingerlakes1.com/2021/1...ts-in-new-york/ Where you can get your assignment or also, Prepare yourself for top jobs in new York. Which will be beneficial for a long term. I wish I could know about this a long ago.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2022 10:24 AM
Carlavie85 is currently offline Click here to Send Carlavie85 a Private Message Find more posts by Carlavie85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martintyler

Sure, anyone could simply point out that it's unconstitutional, but Christianity is privileged. Most elected officials profess to be Christian, so they don't care if such unconstitutional demonstrations benefit Christianity. In fact in many cases they probably prefer it

Old Post Jan 31st, 2022 10:26 AM
Martintyler is currently offline Click here to Send Martintyler a Private Message Find more posts by Martintyler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Problem is, people tend to focus on the few people who wear devil costumes as a goof and dismiss the real reason and strategy for the ST's existence. That or just scream "Devil Worshipers!".
But Bill Clinton did bow down to Moloch at Bohemian Grove. Alex Jones filmed it!

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2022 07:34 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote