KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Maybe Neo didn't die in M1...

Maybe Neo didn't die in M1...
Started by: mirthrandir63

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mirthrandir63
Computer Freak

Maybe Neo didn't die in M1...

Maybe Neo didn't die in M1 after all. People can be clinically dead for a few minutes and still come back to life. Plus he wasn't down that long maybe a minute or so. While most people who are clinically dead for whatever reason get brought back because of drugs, shocking or other aritifical ways, Neo could have come back simply because of his incredible will to live (and because of Trinity revealing her feelings to him). Just because Neo was in the matrix, doesn't mean his real world body wouldn't be somewhat aware of its surroundings, like somebody whispering into his ear.

Just a thought....

I hope this topic wasn't mentioned elsewhere, but if it was I apologize in advance, as I'm not trying to claim credit for somebody else's idea.

"Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy."
~~ Groucho Marks

Old Post Jun 10th, 2003 07:12 PM
mirthrandir63 is currently offline Click here to Send mirthrandir63 a Private Message Find more posts by mirthrandir63 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

interesting perspective...

Old Post Jun 10th, 2003 07:17 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

and I like your siggy quotes...

Old Post Jun 10th, 2003 07:17 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mirthrandir63
Computer Freak

quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix
and I like your siggy quotes...

Thanks, I figure it's not something most people have or have heard.

"Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy."
~~ Groucho Marks

Old Post Jun 10th, 2003 07:19 PM
mirthrandir63 is currently offline Click here to Send mirthrandir63 a Private Message Find more posts by mirthrandir63 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Re: Maybe Neo didn't die in M1...

quote:
Originally posted by mirthrandir63
Maybe Neo didn't die in M1 after all. People can be clinically dead for a few minutes and still come back to life. Plus he wasn't down that long maybe a minute or so.

Being clinically dead is being dead. Even if you are revived.Your heart stops ypur dead. cool

Old Post Jun 10th, 2003 07:55 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mirthrandir63
Computer Freak

Re: Re: Maybe Neo didn't die in M1...

No, I disagree. Your heart can stop beating for a while and that doesn't mean that you are dead for good. If it stops beating for a little while (say 5~10 minutes) then you really have a problem because blood is no longer being pumped, which means your organs no longer receive oxygen. The longer your brain doesn't receive oxygen, the more likely it is that you will end up brain dead, even if your heart starts beating again (this is known as a permanent vegatative state). If you don't believe me then do a little research and you will find that your heart can stop beating for a little while (ie. it flatlines) and you can still be brought back. Still very serious, but possible.

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
Being clinically dead is being dead. Even if you are revived.Your heart stops ypur dead. cool

~~ Groucho Marks

Old Post Jun 10th, 2003 08:16 PM
Kes
Philie

Thats not what I mean, I know you can be revived. But as soon as your heart stops beating you die! I dont mean that you stay dead. just because it can start beating again doesn't mean you didn't die.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2003 08:51 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

LITERALLY speaking, kes, 'death' is the point you cannot come back from scientifically. The only reason people come back from the 'dead' in real life is because we lack the technology to adequately identify death.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 10th, 2003 08:59 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

What I mean is that clinically dead is dead, they just dont stay dead. lol Is heart stoped, he died! I mean they didn't massage is heart he came back on is own because of Trinity.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2003 09:14 PM
Kes
Philie

Just like brain dead is in reality death. Though the heart is still beating.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2003 09:15 PM
mirthrandir63
Computer Freak

Hey it's the matrix remember? He could very well have bent the rules of physics a little and given himself psychic cardiac compressions (don't think the W. bros had this in mind, but still interesting) Who knows? All I'm saying is that I don't think Neo died.

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
What I mean is that clinically dead is dead, they just dont stay dead. lol Is heart stoped, he died! I mean they didn't massage is heart he came back on is own because of Trinity.

~~ Groucho Marks

Old Post Jun 10th, 2003 09:32 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Clinically" dead is just that- dead as far as we can clinically tell. But if a person comes back to 'life' then he was not actually dead at all, he was alive but we did not know it.

I believe in the films this is ACTUAL ressurection that we see.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 10th, 2003 09:37 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

No he was revived. The heart goes flat that's dead.Just our knowleged(sp) allows us to change that. Well thats the way i see it and i'mnot changing my mind! lol

Old Post Jun 10th, 2003 10:01 PM
princess leia
trinity ;)

i think it was cool how they mixed scientific with the whole love story. i like it how it wasntoverdone in the first movie.
and about the sig- yeah the quotes are good. i hadbit it of an embarrassing moment the other day when i realised that karl marx wasnt one of the marx brothers...

~*a woman who strives to be equal with men lacks ambition*~
-_-|Co- owner of the Baileys Vat. Co-Founder of the Baileys Club|-_-
-_-|Bar-girl at the tavern|-_-
-_-|wears gold metal bikini, will give bikini huggles if you poke nicely|-_-
-_-|try covering me with chocolate|-_-
happy rules:
-->there is no giant foot trying to squash me.
-->there is no such thing as aliens.
-->even though i may ignite, i probably wont.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 01:10 AM
princess leia is currently offline Click here to Send princess leia a Private Message Find more posts by princess leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
princess leia
trinity ;)

and that dr spock wasnt a wierd character on star trek...thats mr spock...

happy rules:

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 01:13 AM
princess leia is currently offline Click here to Send princess leia a Private Message Find more posts by princess leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mirthrandir63
Computer Freak

Scratch this topic: according to the official strategy guide for the Enter the Matrix, Agent Smith killed Neo. Word for word it says "Neo is killed by Agent Smith". Still I think it's interesting to think that Neo may not really have died... Even a flatlined heart can be brought back.

~~ Groucho Marks

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 02:29 AM
princess leia
trinity ;)

when you say died you really have to decide whether your saying his heart stopped or his mind stopped. like, i know someone who was clinically dead for 12 minutes before they got her heart started again. i reckon he died as in his heart stopped but he was still just a tiny bit alive. which is really what everyone else has been saying.

happy rules:

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 05:50 AM
Kes
Philie

Agree. Just because a person dies it doesn't mean he cabt be brought (sp) back. My idea is: Heart flat lined=dead!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 08:00 AM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

When you're heart stops beating, you are kinda dead. I mean, look at Buffy, her heart stopped beating, she was dead, a new slayer was called.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 09:13 AM
princess leia
trinity ;)

it really is all a matter of opinion.

happy rules:

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 09:47 AM