KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Maybe Neo didn't die in M1...

Maybe Neo didn't die in M1...
Started by: mirthrandir63

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sifer

It is just his mind telling his body that he is dead. Why would the agents check for a pulse when they can see his "code"? This could elaborate on the point the Oracle made in the first movie when she mentions one of you is going to die from this choice etc.

Morpheus or Neo dying in the third film anyone? Possibility

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 11:14 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Seriously, guys- the LITERAL definition of death is a point you cannot come back from. We are just not very good at telling when that is. Flatlines and all that are indicators of death but not certain.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 11:30 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

What IS death? Being pumped full of lead usually does that to people. Which is why Neo did indeed die in M1. So the Oracle was right: It looks like you’re waiting for something. Maybe your next life…
And so it happened.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 11:30 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
princess leia
trinity ;)

i agree.

~*a woman who strives to be equal with men lacks ambition*~
-_-|Co- owner of the Baileys Vat. Co-Founder of the Baileys Club|-_-
-_-|Bar-girl at the tavern|-_-
-_-|wears gold metal bikini, will give bikini huggles if you poke nicely|-_-
-_-|try covering me with chocolate|-_-
happy rules:
-->there is no giant foot trying to squash me.
-->there is no such thing as aliens.
-->even though i may ignite, i probably wont.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 07:00 AM
princess leia is currently offline Click here to Send princess leia a Private Message Find more posts by princess leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

yeh! This is his next life! Thats why after he is revived he is all Mr.Super-man! lol smile

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 01:00 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Kes> Superman? Now, I know there’s a Christopher Reeves and a Keanu Reeves, but if the latter dons blue tights and red underwear, I swear I’ll eat my cinema-seat big grin

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 02:15 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

The Mr. Superman thing is just a comparition! lol big grin

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 02:24 AM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Member.

lol. btw, neo did die. when heart ceases to function, one becomes inanimate, thus a non-living being.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 06:44 AM
Member. is currently offline Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
What IS death? Being pumped full of lead usually does that to people. Which is why Neo did indeed die in M1. So the Oracle was right: It looks like you’re waiting for something. Maybe your next life…
And so it happened.

Great point!!

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 07:33 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Member.

the matrix targets the mind. when the bullet enters neo's body. the mind sends the information from the matrix to the real physical body and make the damage inside look like he was hit by bullets.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 05:47 PM
Member. is currently offline Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

yeh and he died!stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 05:56 PM
chico
chopper style

Yeah he died but "the one" can change the matrix as he sees fit.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Jun 14th, 2003 06:48 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo is the SIX

well i dont think Neo can b killed. The matrix wont let him die cuz he still needs to reload it by returning to the source. If Neo is dead, then the matrix will b doomed. So Thats y he came back to life (or didnt die).

Old Post Jun 14th, 2003 08:18 AM
Neo is the SIX is currently offline Click here to Send Neo is the SIX a Private Message Find more posts by Neo is the SIX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

agree that he comes back because he is the one and because trinity asked him. dont think the matrix could do anithing about that since he is disconnevted and the agents were trying to kill him.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2003 03:02 PM