KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The next Trilogy begins December, 2022...

The next Trilogy begins December, 2022...
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

^ Only question is can they come up with a great story and do some epic world building without following a book?

Like JJ Abrams is a good Director, but the story for TFA was lame. But then again his weakness was his obsession with going overboard on nostalgia.

Old Post May 15th, 2019 08:36 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I certainly think it can be good(I'm assuming it will indeed be set in the Old Republic era.) But like ares said, it's extremely hard to be optimistic, given...well...everything.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 15th, 2019 12:47 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
So yeah, it's confirmed that the next Star Wars film(s) following Ep.IX will be from Benioff and Weiss.
Confirmed that the duo have left the project:
https://deadline.com/2019/10/star-w...ogy-1202771184/

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 29th, 2019 at 02:56 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2019 02:52 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Ooh what a shame...

Old Post Oct 29th, 2019 02:57 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

No idea why theyre keeping Kennedy around. Shes messes up so many times with this picking of Directors. Which is basically her main job.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2019 04:20 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Better the devil they know than some other yahoo picked at random. They tried that with Rian Johnson. Womp womp.

Also it might be in her contract to keep her around for X amount of years/projects. She's signed until 2021 currently. She came in from Lucas's deal as co-chair of Lucasfilm afterall. She's also hella connected to the wider film industry and the Disney films are still turning an overall profit. Fan entitlement isn't enough to trump that.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 05:02 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Since DnD have left the project, it has been confirmed that the intended focus of their series of movies was going to be about the origin of the Jedi, and how they came to exist.

...It's a story I would've liked to see, tbh.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 01:00 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Better the devil they know than some other yahoo picked at random. They tried that with Rian Johnson. Womp womp.

Also it might be in her contract to keep her around for X amount of years/projects. She's signed until 2021 currently. She came in from Lucas's deal as co-chair of Lucasfilm afterall. She's also hella connected to the wider film industry and the Disney films are still turning an overall profit. Fan entitlement isn't enough to trump that.

They renewed her contract just like last year which is what im confused about.

They are making profit, but shes not the only person involved. And from what I can tell, she keeps messing up on her only job, which is to pick directors for these films.

That was especially costly for Solo, which flopped due to its budget, not revenue. And the budget was ridiculously high, because they had to reshoot the entire film after switching directors.

Things like this Benioff and Weiss, is more of an embarrassment. Like they announced their trilogy as the next 3 Star Wars films.

Anyway we will see what happens. I doubt they will keep her around after her current contract expires. Or they might share her responsibilities with someone like Kevin Feige (we know thats happening for 1 film at least).

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 01:28 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Galan007
Since DnD have left the project, it has been confirmed that the intended focus of their series of movies was going to be about the origin of the Jedi, and how they came to exist.

...It's a story I would've liked to see, tbh.
They're kinda shit at writing original content, so bullet dodged it seems.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
They renewed her contract just like last year which is what im confused about.

They are making profit, but shes not the only person involved. And from what I can tell, she keeps messing up on her only job, which is to pick directors for these films.

That was especially costly for Solo, which flopped due to its budget, not revenue. And the budget was ridiculously high, because they had to reshoot the entire film after switching directors.

Things like this Benioff and Weiss, is more of an embarrassment. Like they announced their trilogy as the next 3 Star Wars films.

Anyway we will see what happens. I doubt they will keep her around after her current contract expires. Or they might share her responsibilities with someone like Kevin Feige (we know thats happening for 1 film at least).
I would love to know the kinda blackmail and criminal chicanery that goes on behind the scenes of these major studios and networks. I bet it's some real House of Cards-level wheeler dealing.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2019 10:25 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote