KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Star Trek: Picard

Star Trek: Picard
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 23rd, 2019 08:19 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Old Post Jun 27th, 2019 07:28 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Recent posters released show Picard with a dog. It has a collar with a starfleet logo and a "1" on it.

Dude named hims dog Number 1. Awesome.

https://comicbook.com/startrek/2019...ion-easter-egg/

Old Post Jul 11th, 2019 06:12 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Brent Spiner, Jonathon Frakes, Jeri Ryan and Jonathon Del Arco all appear..

new trailer as well

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...me-jump-1225849

Old Post Jul 20th, 2019 09:18 PM
Flyattractor

Should have stolen these two's show ideas.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2019 09:24 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Okay the full trailer has got me hyped.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2019 10:29 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I liked seeing the "Captain Picard Day" banner. And Seven of Nine. Nice. Of course most welcome is...Data.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2019 10:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

TBH, I was disappointed. I want to give it the benefit of the doubt, but it just seemed... Off, somehow. I hope I'm wrong.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 20th, 2019 10:44 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Seven of Nine?

Same actress?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2019 10:55 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
TBH, I was disappointed. I want to give it the benefit of the doubt, but it just seemed... Off, somehow. I hope I'm wrong.

There's no going back. I doubt the work environment of this day and age even allows the kind of whimsy TNG relied on.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2019 10:57 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Seven of Nine?

Same actress?

Yes.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2019 11:09 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Seven of Nine?

Same actress?

Yup.

There's no going back. I doubt the work environment of this day and age even allows the kind of whimsy TNG relied on.

It's the tone and the premise that bother me, but ****ing Data is in it, so I can't not give it a chance.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 20th, 2019 11:14 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jul 20th, 2019 11:15 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Yup.

It's the tone and the premise that bother me, but ****ing Data is in it, so I can't not give it a chance.
The tone does seem off to me also but I'm comparing it the Next Generation and this isn't that.

I wonder if Data is going to be CGI?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 02:20 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

but ****ing Data is in it, so I can't not give it a chance.

Exactly!

Though I wouldnt expect him to have a huge role.

Originally posted by juggernaut74

I hope so. Just in make up Brent Spiners age was really starting to show in the later movies, and even that was like 16 years ago lol

But CGI has caught up since then, and like Discovery this seems to have movie level effects.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jul 22nd, 2019 at 02:42 PM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 02:39 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by juggernaut74
The tone does seem off to me also but I'm comparing it the Next Generation and this isn't that.

I don't even want the same tone as TNG; I just didn't get "serious sci-fi" show from it either.

I imagine they've de-aged him, like they did with SLJ in Captain Marvel. Spiner is probably on set in some variation of the make-up with the artists doing the work to hide his age.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Exactly!

Though I wouldnt expect him to have a huge role.

I hope so. Just in make up Brent Spiners age was really starting to show in the later movies, and even that was like 16 years ago lol

But CGI has caught up since then, and like Discovery this seems to have movie level effects.

Same. This is obviously about a new generation, and Picard is just kind of there with them.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2019 12:35 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Saw the trailer; I got a massive boner. Can't wait for this.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2019 08:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

picard's admiral uniform....

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 25th, 2019 09:09 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's being said the show will "take on Trump and Brexit". Look in the past Star Trek has been skilled at approaching social and political issues so it has that going for it, but I just hope the TDS some suffer from hasn't made its way into the writers room here.

So I'm not even saying don't take on these issues, but don't be deranged about it.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 01:38 PM
cdtm

If they said that, it's going to be Discovery all over again.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 01:42 PM