KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Star Trek: Picard

Star Trek: Picard
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Damn it's Sir Patrick himself saying it. Going on rants about trump and brexit. Depending on how much creative control he has(if any) this could be bad.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/patr...of-brexit-trump

Yes it's a conservative site, but it does have quotes from him featured so you can ignore how they frame it and just read what he says.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 01:45 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
80sBaby
The Kid

Liberal politics in Star Trek?? That's very odd.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 07:37 PM
80sBaby is currently offline Click here to Send 80sBaby a Private Message Find more posts by 80sBaby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Top guy Patrick Stewart.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 07:42 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Patrick Stewart is a superb actor and I still got a boner for this show, can't wait. I expect it will deliver Trek goodness.

Trumper's preemptively crying nonsense about this show even before it's out is funny though, never change.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 08:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's my opinion that Star Trek should be above stuff like that, because it's supposed to be part of humanity's past.

I just want this to be good, but I'm getting more and more worried that it won't be, and that it'll be Discovery all over again.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 10:02 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
It's my opinion that Star Trek should be above stuff like that, because it's supposed to be part of humanity's past.

I just want this to be good, but I'm getting more and more worried that it won't be, and that it'll be Discovery all over again.

Bingo.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 10:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by 80sBaby
Liberal politics in Star Trek?? That's very odd.

There is a difference between being a liberal and being a leftist. The worry from some people is that Trek will shift from the former to the latter.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 10:38 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I don't think we're going to have a geriatric Picard autistically screaming "Donald Trump!" in this show as some seem to think... if so, I'll gladly eat crow.

This show, or part of this show seems to be on the premise that Star Fleet as an institution has changed and isn't the SF of yesterday, but a darker version if itself. That right there is a great premise if done correctly. TBH, it's got me a little wet.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 11:10 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think anyone thinks Picard will specifically scream about Trump, rather just that there will be cringeworthy allusions to Trump.

Let us hope there aren't thumb up

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 11:44 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Very highly doubt it. Some people will see what they want to see though. Tilting at windwills and that.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 11:47 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hope you are right cuz it will be all kinds of sad if they pull that thumb up

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 11:49 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

sorry to you trump lovers but f&ck that bastard...

as for picard in 9 days i find out if its good or not

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 03:30 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Robtard
I don't think we're going to have a geriatric Picard autistically screaming "Donald Trump!" in this show as some seem to think... if so, I'll gladly eat crow.

This show, or part of this show seems to be on the premise that Star Fleet as an institution has changed and isn't the SF of yesterday, but a darker version if itself. That right there is a great premise if done correctly. TBH, it's got me a little wet.

Well, obviously they'd use an allegory. Because hopefully that **** would be long dead by then.

Honestly, if it was any other franchise, I'd be all for it. But this is Star Trek. For years it was the one big sci-fi franchise that painted humanity as the best possible version of itself. Even in DS9, the bad guys were the exception, not the rule.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 04:02 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Fair enough on wanting to keep Trek at its roots, and I would be lying if part of me didn't want that as well. But we've had dips along the way that hint at a possible darker side, if both the original timeline and Kelvin.

But I think if done right, this angle could be fantastic.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 07:56 PM
Darth Thor

Oh is this about Stewarts Brexit comments? Guy was a proper anti-Brexit activist here, so it doesnt surprise me.

But yeah would be a big step back for humanity in Trek. Although the potential for humanity to step back was hinted at a fair few times in DS9.

Hopefully its executed well.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 09:18 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Well, obviously they'd use an allegory. Because hopefully that **** would be long dead by then.

Honestly, if it was any other franchise, I'd be all for it. But this is Star Trek. For years it was the one big sci-fi franchise that painted humanity as the best possible version of itself. Even in DS9, the bad guys were the exception, not the rule.

In the Pale Moonlight?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 09:32 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by cdtm
In the Pale Moonlight?

Hey Sisko aint the bad guy! Hes just likes to live in the grey area at times.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 10:38 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Surtur
Damn it's Sir Patrick himself saying it. Going on rants about trump and brexit. Depending on how much creative control he has(if any) this could be bad.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/patr...of-brexit-trump

Yes it's a conservative site, but it does have quotes from him featured so you can ignore how they frame it and just read what he says.

Why would this be a surprise? He was pretty vocal in the run up to the Brexit vote. So much so that he did this

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 11:40 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah well, can't be too mad at the dude. I remember him tweaking out cuz he found out u could buy pizza in slices. Lol.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2020 06:29 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
There is a difference between being a liberal and being a leftist. The worry from some people is that Trek will shift from the former to the latter.
They abolished money and people work for the greater good... They are communists.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2020 08:09 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote