KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Tenet

Tenet
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Lame af but if there is nothing else out I still will not see it but I hope it does good enough that they keep WW August release date asvthat is something I want to see.

For THE FIRST TIME EVER, I'm going to take your advice, Quan. The premise seems lame imo. Especially considering that the Netflix show DARK just BFTO of the time travel genre, not mention, as shown by Interstellar and even arguably by Inception, Nolan has a bad habit for coming up with spectacular concepts and giving them lame minimalist executions.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2020 07:54 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marcssands14

Saw it past weekend. Pretty good but not on Inceptions level. I'd rate it 4/5. Time travel aspects was confusing

Old Post Sep 9th, 2020 06:23 AM
marcssands14 is currently offline Click here to Send marcssands14 a Private Message Find more posts by marcssands14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Best film I seen this year

Old Post Sep 13th, 2020 01:50 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by marcssands14
Saw it past weekend. Pretty good but not on Inceptions level. I'd rate it 4/5. Time travel aspects was confusing

Yes, and like Interstellar, the sound mix often overwhelms the dialogue so there are important passages I didn't get. I think if I watch it again, it will be at home with the sound off and the subtitles on - that would be interesting.

And Kenneth Branagh's villain was a pretty cliched stereotype.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 11:29 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Theaters got the go ahead to open up with restrictions here, hoping they're running before this leaves, want to see this on the big screen

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 17th, 2020 07:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by roughrider
Yes, and like Interstellar, the sound mix often overwhelms the dialogue so there are important passages I didn't get. I think if I watch it again, it will be at home with the sound off and the subtitles on - that would be interesting.

And Kenneth Branagh's villain was a pretty cliched stereotype.

God damn it. That sound disparity really took away from Interstellar. Why does he keep doing this.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2020 07:32 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Robtard
God damn it. That sound disparity really took away from Interstellar. Why does he keep doing this.

Apparently the sound mix is created for a very select number of screens with the most up to date systems and most cinemas have shitty old systems that don't process his films well.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2020 10:42 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Apparently the sound mix is created for a very select number of screens with the most up to date systems and most cinemas have shitty old systems that don't process his films well.

Was that the same issue with Interstellar?

Cos I saw that in a theater that had good sound, the theater Skywalker Sound did over. Edit: Though it would be an old sound system, just very high quality from back in the day.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2020 11:28 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

I believe so. Although he had a terrible reason for Instellar. He harped on in 1 interview that he wanted the voices to be just another sound effect in Interstellar and that he didn't have to just use dialogue for exposition. He could use music and other sounds to advance the plot.

Load ae shite

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 07:05 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Every theatre chain has digital cinema or they couldn't show movies at all. So every one of them has up to date digital sound systems (after decades of displaying THX/Dolby digital at the beginning of movies, they finally stopped some years ago because we get it.) That some theatres have older and inferior sound systems is a weak excuse.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 11:38 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Movie was confusing but relatively enjoyable. Incompetent sound mixing that made it nearly impossible to hear some important dialogue at times. Not one of Nolan’s best. Lots of lazy info dumps. Lacked the emotional core of his better movies like Inception and Interstellar. Didn’t really give much of a shit about any of the characters.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 07:10 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

It's only confusing but big dummy dummos like you.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 07:46 AM
BackFire

Sorry your post lost me.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 08:35 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Ask Madeleine McCann to explain it to you.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 08:36 AM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
It's only confusing but big dummy dummos like you.

So true.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 11:23 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

The only reason it was really confusing is because there was important dialogue I couldn’t understand because of the bad sound mixing.

Also I think he did a bad job of making the info dumps engaging to the viewer. I found myself drifting sometimes because there were just too many of them.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2020 04:09 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I agree on the dialogue being too whispery and difficult to follow. I may give this another chance with subtitles sometime.

But anyway, I think I respect this movie more than I like it. Some trippy sequences for sure.

(I hated Interstellar and I thought Inception was overrated at the time.)

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 10:08 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote