KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Baldur's Gate 3

Baldur's Gate 3
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StyleTime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I admit I'm not a fan of turn based for BG. I will give it a shot, but I'm returning the game if it sucks.

Still, you should try playing BG2 then. Get the enhanced edition. It is an excellent game. It's not like diablo...it is real time combat, but you will wanna pause and decide what you want each party member to do usually(up to 6 in your party, including your character).

Great game. Like I said, get the enhanced edition.

Well, the first 2 enhanced editions did come to android, along with Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, and Neverwinter Nights. Might check 'em out.

Last edited by StyleTime on Sep 4th, 2020 at 03:20 PM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2020 03:13 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don't get me started on NWN, I love that game. And it is unique in that it comes with the aurora toolset to let you create your own mods. This is why, despite being released in 2002, the NWN community is still thriving. I still play it and people still make mods for it.

For me I love it more than any BG game. In NWN you don't have to worry about an entire party, you have yourself and you can hire one henchmen and u can't micromanage them. Though you can add additional characters via summoning. And if you are a magic user you can add another via your familiar if you want.

And I gotta say some of the fan made mods were of superb quality. And plenty of the high quality ones also offered many hours of gameplay, like 20-40. Hell, if you like diablo...they remade diablo 1 and 2 in mods and they are actually pretty accurate, even down to the music.

Though you say they came to android, u mean u will play it on a phone? I would recommend a PC.

Btw Planescape Torment is also excellent. More story driven than the other games, but still good.

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 10th, 2020 at 09:33 PM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2020 09:30 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Anyone remember the Champions games? Norrath and Return to Arms?

Those were awesome.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2020 09:31 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I only recall a ps2 game about champions of norrath

Old Post Sep 10th, 2020 11:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Trocity
Anyone remember the Champions games? Norrath and Return to Arms?

Those were awesome.
Champions of Norrath was pretty sick.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 11th, 2020 01:49 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 24th, 2021 06:49 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Until Larian can figure how to get BG3's split-screen working on the Series S (which they're having trouble doing because the thing sucks), it's never touching Series X because of a policy of Microsoft's.

https://www.ign.com/articles/micros...n-xbox-series-s

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2023 05:00 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/b...s/1100-6519239/

BG3 getting a physical with PS5 version getting 2 discs, Xbox 3 discs along with extra physical goodies in the deluxe edition all for $80. Anyone remember Blizzard selling the Collector's Edition of Diablo 4 that didn't even come with the game and still charged for $100? lol

Old Post Nov 17th, 2023 04:34 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Still want to play this on PC, could do PS5 I guess. Just don't have the time right now for what I assume will be a wholly immersive game.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 8th, 2023 07:03 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

It's on Xbox now. They shadow dropped it during or right after the awards last night.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2023 09:35 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by Robtard
Still want to play this on PC, could do PS5 I guess. Just don't have the time right now for what I assume will be a wholly immersive game.

It's a time sink, but totally worthwhile if you've got the time to spend. I believe I was 80 hours in or so by the time I got to Act 3.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2023 11:38 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote