KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Elden Ring

Elden Ring
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 16 17 [18]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewGuy01
perpetual

your loss ig

Old Post Dec 15th, 2022 06:48 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
I'm hesitant to play ER because of the inexcusable performance issues. There's no reason this game shouldn't be able to hit a consistent 60 fps in performance mode while having such mediocre graphical prowess.

Kind of how I feel about Fallen Order tbh. Game looks alright, but it's not this generations Crysis visually, so should be running smoothly.

But think about it, do you really need 60fps in a Souls game? Consoles got by on 30fps and played fine for it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2022 01:56 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I don’t need 60 fps. But from what I hear in ER the frame rate fluctuates a ton which is what always bothers me in games. If it had a 30fps mode that would be fine but even the quality mode jumps around all over the place.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2022 09:23 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by BackFire
I don’t need 60 fps. But from what I hear in ER the frame rate fluctuates a ton which is what always bothers me in games. If it had a 30fps mode that would be fine but even the quality mode jumps around all over the place.

Jedi Fallen Order is still under 5 bucks if that appeals to you, 30 fps mode works fine. Aside form the jittering that always happens when loading up textures in a new biome.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2022 09:38 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I already played that, it was good.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2022 06:05 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Ever play a Monster Hunter?

If I end up getting that Switch for Christmas, Monster Hunter Rise is said to be that consoles Elden Ring.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2022 07:32 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by cdtm
If I end up getting that Switch for Christmas,

How old are you?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2022 03:28 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Astner
How old are you?

Only even asked because they kept asking, and what I really want is a PS5, and that I intend to buy myself. Figured for the expense a Switch was as good as anything considering the low price range.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2022 01:27 PM
Arachnid1

Ever play a Monster Hunter?

If I end up getting that Switch for Christmas, Monster Hunter Rise is said to be that consoles Elden Ring.
Rise is actually coming to Xbox/PS in a month too.

PWNT

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2022 08:58 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Only even asked because they kept asking, and what I really want is a PS5, and that I intend to buy myself. Figured for the expense a Switch was as good as anything considering the low price range.

May as well wait on the PS5 slim now. Seems like we get the Slim edition of PS consoles ~3 years after release, so there will probably be an announcement soon.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2022 02:46 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by StyleTime
May as well wait on the PS5 slim now. Seems like we get the Slim edition of PS consoles ~3 years after release, so there will probably be an announcement soon.

I might do that.

Never got that Switch, which is fine by me as I've gotten deep into Skyrim.

And I still have Jedi Order on Steam to get back to.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2022 10:05 PM
Arachnid1

Elden Ring passed up TLOU2 to become the most awarded GOTY recipient of all time.

https://www.gamesradar.com/elden-ri...tent=gamesradar

Elden Ring: 324 wins
TLOU 2: 322 wins

(please log in to view the image)

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: gg bois

PWNT

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2023 01:54 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Good game. Solid game.

Gets a bit boring after a while though. The open world is more an open battle arena and is, apart from the things to kill and yet another ruin & castle, pretty empty.

The story is boring, every npc is forgettable and you have no idea what you are doing. The AI is a total joke.

Also, I’m halfway, and even a mediocre player as myself has actually no real problems with the bosses so far. It’s difficult, but really not that difficult.

Keep in mind, I still like it. But DS3 was better (better level design).

Just my opinion.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2023 02:51 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Funny, even hard to please gamers who poo poo the combat claim the NPC's are the best part of the game.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2023 03:11 PM
Kid Kurdy

Funny, even hard to please gamers who poo poo the combat claim the NPC's are the best part of the game.

To each his own.

I find most of the the NPC's in Elden Ring boring, bland and forgettable. They deliver a few lines without much emotion, and that's it. Most of them sound the same.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2023 05:44 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote