KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Elden Ring

Elden Ring
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

I spent the whole night yesterday fighting the first boss (the one you're supposed to die to) restarting and fighting him again. But I did it.

(please log in to view the image)

You could safely hit him with magic, but you only had 12 casts and if you managed to hit each one (not miss or have it blocked) it would add up to 1,008 damage, which meant you had 1,592 HP left to get through with the short sword which has no range and deals abyssal damage (takes 33 two-handed hits).

Out of the "starting bosses/enemies you're supposed to die to" I think this is the hardest one, since he's so ****ing fast, he can reach across half the map, and any minor frame rate hick-up or him getting his weapons bounced off the wall will screw you over. Sure the Asylum Demon takes a long time to kill bare-handed, but you can do it reliably. This guy I still feel that I need multiple tries on.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2022 02:11 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Astner
I spent the whole night yesterday fighting the first boss (the one you're supposed to die to) restarting and fighting him again. But I did it.

You could safely hit him with magic, but you only had 12 casts and if you managed to hit each one (not miss or have it blocked) it would add up to 1,008 damage, which meant you had 1,592 HP left to get through with the short sword which has no range and deals abyssal damage (takes 33 two-handed hits).

Out of the "starting bosses/enemies you're supposed to die to" I think this is the hardest one, since he's so ****ing fast, he can reach across half the map, and any minor frame rate hick-up or him getting his weapons bounced off the wall will screw you over. Sure the Asylum Demon takes a long time to kill bare-handed, but you can do it reliably. This guy I still feel that I need multiple tries on.

Do you get anything for killing him?

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2022 03:43 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by Nemesis X
At first I was thinking of trying a fist build but fist weapons aren't returning for this it seems looking at the lists nor does increasing strength and dexterity affect your punches that much (if at all) going by what people did in the network tests. Shame 'cause the flurry of punches in this look amusing.

Fist weapons are in.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2022 04:06 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Do you get anything for killing him?

His dual swords and a shield...and 3,200 souls runes but those are left on your bloodstain when you die shortly after.

Maybe there's a way to get back there to retrieve those runes later (assuming you don't die until then), but at that point I'm not sure if the 3,200 runes would mean too much.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2022 04:44 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Beat that Tree Sentinel. I didn't know he could absorb and reflect your magic back at you at first.

It was fun though, even while I was getting slapped. I though he had a cool mechanic.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2022 06:40 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Is anyone playing on PS5?

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 25th, 2022 07:23 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Badabing

I am. Add me.

As of now I'm still figuring things out.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2022 08:33 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by StyleTime
Fist weapons are in.

Yee

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2022 10:26 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I don't have a PS5 yet. Probably just going to wait on the PS5 slim.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2022 10:48 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

These knights in Stormveil are something else.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2022 03:14 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Holy **** all I did was kill some rats, open a chest and suddenly I'm transported to some trypophobic hellscape.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2022 06:27 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I know exactly the one you mean. laughing out loud If you didn't find it already btw, there actually is a legit chest very nearby to that fake one. The contents of which have been my primary weapon for the past few hours...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Not sure how I feel about the teleportation trap chests. On one hand it's a neat sneak-peak of late-game areas... on the other hand, all the ones I've encountered are really easy to escape, so I'm just left feeling mildly inconvenienced having to run back to whatever I was doing.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2022 08:11 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Two giant machetes, claustrophobic boss arena, and dog adds... how dare you Miyazaki, tricking me into fighting the Capra Demon again.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2022 06:49 PM
Badabing
Karen

Is there a white soapstone for this game? The only thing I've found is that finger that costs a 1000 per use.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 26th, 2022 10:06 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

It should be the Tarnished's Furled Finger. I dunno if it costs anything to use, but it doesn't take long for 1000 to not count as much at all.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2022 12:10 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Is there a white soapstone for this game? The only thing I've found is that finger that costs a 1000 per use.

Same thing with the invasion fingers. Bought five from a vendor, and got five from the sketchy dude from the beginning.

Also everyone I invade seem to be playing co-op, and if that wasn't enough they summon in a third guy. Well you get Rune Arcs for killing hosts, not sure what those do yet.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2022 01:43 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

You can't be invaded in ER unless you already have a buddy summoned. Deliberate duels are the exception.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2022 02:54 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

The snipers...

Old Post Feb 27th, 2022 03:47 AM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I’m probably 12-13 hours into this game, and I still feel like I have no idea what I’m doing.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2022 03:38 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Anyone playing a caster? I've never tried doing so and am tempted to reroll a new character and play Astrologer.

Last edited by ares834 on Feb 27th, 2022 at 03:58 PM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2022 03:45 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote