KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Lobo

Lobo
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Wait, so is this going to be the same Lobo from the Krypton show..? The one with the random Scottish accent..? The one who looks like the Crow f*cked Rob Zombie..?

Hard pass...

They did put in a Kiss Army Joke in. That got a chuckle out of me.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2019 07:41 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

While I haven't watched Krypton season 2 yet I'm hearing good things about Lobo.

Anybody watching?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2019 02:53 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

He was in the first episode right at the end, but has a more prominent role in the second episode. For what it's worth, I think the actor is doing okay. His accent is a bit all over the place, but he's going over the top with it, which is what I would expect from someone playing Lobo.

With some better writing, I think he'll be fine.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2019 11:43 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yeah. The Guy's Accent is the biggest Con of his Performance. He can be a little hard to make out at times.

And He pronounces "Bastich" in a really funny way.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2019 02:37 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, and he pronounced it differently a couple of times too, which was jarring.

His accent is an at-times exaggerated accent commonly found on the eastern side of Ireland, though I noticed a few times him trying to rein it in. It doesn't help that when you speak that accent at the speed Irish people that speak it typically do, it can be hard for some foreigners to understand (I can personally attest to this).

If he was more consistent and maybe softened his speech some, I'd like him more.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2019 02:45 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Hopefully He will settle it down as He gets on in the season...and Tottaly Not Able to get into the rest of the Krypton Story. That is just Meh..Seen It Before.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2019 02:52 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

watched the first couple eps of krypton... lobo has gotten better. the actor playing him is fair.. i like the fact he uses his natural accent

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2019 03:52 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

They have gotten his character pretty accurate. Would be nice if they could slip in some of the good old Ultra Violence. I wanna see Mr.Hooky get used the way He is used in the comics.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2019 06:02 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wanna slap whoever gave Lobo a Scottish accent. Just slap them right in the face.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2019 11:54 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Funnily enough (I don't watch WWE, it's sad shite) but, I know who shamus is and think he would be a perfect Lobo.

It's an Irish accent btw.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2019 08:28 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I wanna slap whoever gave Lobo a Scottish accent. Just slap them right in the face.

^^^ laughing

He definitely didn’t sound like I imagined. I didn’t mind it too much, though. I mean, the Scottish invented space travel and exploration, so it’s reasonable the accent’s been picked up by various races they’ve encountered.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2019 09:48 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

So I take it this series wont be happening after Krypton was cancelled?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2019 04:31 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

From what I heard (I posted a link somewhere when it happened) SyFy cancelled Krypton/said they weren’t following up on Lobo, right after Krypton’s finale ep.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2019 06:07 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Old Post Oct 29th, 2019 06:10 PM
Flyattractor

I would imagine the DC Streaming is a big reason for this.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2019 09:53 PM