KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » War With Iran

War With Iran
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
I got the joke, and if anything he should be fired for his ignorance.

At least read up on some Allen Ginsberg, if you can't be bothered to take a road trip through the states that you're dismissing.
So you don't think he should be free to express his opinions through humour?

https://youtu.be/5WRrKyGM600

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Jan 11th, 2020 at 03:14 PM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 03:12 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Putinbot1
The Professor was just joking about America's lack of history. You'd think people would protect his freedom of speech...

Freedom of Speech was upheld.

He wasn't arrested.

Freedom of Speech is about keeping the Government from oppressing you for your words. Because the English would imprison, torture, and murder Colonial Americans for speaking out against The Crown.

Preserving the right of the people to disagree with the government was important to Colonial Americans.

Freedom of Speech does not protect you from being fired from your employer for saying stupid shit. Here's how it breaks down:

Party 1: not government
Party 2: not government

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 04:33 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
The world is a much safer place with Soleimani not in it as he was one of the world's most dangerous terrorists.

I bet you had no clue who he was before they killed him.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 04:46 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dan Bongino destroys Geraldo for siding with the anti-America dems in attacking Trump over the dead scumbag Soleimani being killed. Bongino tells Geraldo to pull his head out of his butt:

htttps:www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJmTaH6xlac&t=17s

lol that was a thing of beauty.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Jan 11th, 2020 at 08:01 PM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 07:53 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Freedom of Speech was upheld.

He wasn't arrested.

Freedom of Speech is about keeping the Government from oppressing you for your words. Because the English would imprison, torture, and murder Colonial Americans for speaking out against The Crown.

Preserving the right of the people to disagree with the government was important to Colonial Americans.

Freedom of Speech does not protect you from being fired from your employer for saying stupid shit. Here's how it breaks down:

Party 1: not government
Party 2: not government
Surely the same criticism should be levelled against this University as when people like Ben Shapiro aren't allowed to speak, I mean this guy cracked a joke they are serious with their lunacy.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 10:27 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Surely the same criticism should be levelled against this University as when people like Ben Shapiro aren't allowed to speak, I mean this guy cracked a joke they are serious with their lunacy.

You are over 200 years late to this debate.

You oppress the freedom of speech of the employer by forcing them to accept any and all public representations of them: some representations do not reflect their morals, convictions, or ideas.

Thus, your idea goes against the fundamental design of freedom of speech if we ignore the fact the freedom of speech is not about private matters like this.

The gentleman can still tweet all the stupid shit he likes. Just not while being employed by that university. The university does not have to tolerate it's freed of speech being infringed by people in its organization who use speech that goes against their ideals: their freedom of speech is preserved by firing him. It's a freedom of speech win-win. Hooray!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 11:21 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Darth Thor

I didn't. I had no clue at all. I had never his face before, as well.

I have no idea if the world is a better place with him gone, too. I only have the word of some Iranians and the US Government to go by. No family members or personal experience.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 11:22 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I doubt any of us has any clue who the people on the fbi's 10 most wanted list are either it doesn't mean they aren't bad people. Or that we shouldn't be glad once we hear someone in the top 10 has been captured, even if we didn't know of them before that point.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 03:28 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Name me one tweet from Shapiro that even alludes to violence against another, then I’ll back you up?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 05:57 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I didn't. I had no clue at all. I had never his face before, as well.

I have no idea if the world is a better place with him gone, too. I only have the word of some Iranians and the US Government to go by. No family members or personal experience.

thumb up

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 06:17 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

You are over 200 years late to this debate.

You oppress the freedom of speech of the employer by forcing them to accept any and all public representations of them: some representations do not reflect their morals, convictions, or ideas.

Thus, your idea goes against the fundamental design of freedom of speech if we ignore the fact the freedom of speech is not about private matters like this.

The gentleman can still tweet all the stupid shit he likes. Just not while being employed by that university. The university does not have to tolerate it's freed of speech being infringed by people in its organization who use speech that goes against their ideals: their freedom of speech is preserved by firing him. It's a freedom of speech win-win. Hooray!

In theory this checks out.

In practice, people are as often fired for very petty whims of power brokers, with the "official line" merely a cover for them to fire someone they plain don't like, or who steps on their toes.

"Don't anger our affiliates" is a common phrase. Adults are generally taught to take offense gracefully, and not retaliate against it.

CEO's and presidents act against personal offense all the time, and hide behind excuses of corporate need, though no such need exists.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 06:20 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Surtur
I doubt any of us has any clue who the people on the fbi's 10 most wanted list are either it doesn't mean they aren't bad people. Or that we shouldn't be glad once we hear someone in the top 10 has been captured, even if we didn't know of them before that point.

I used to know that top 10 list because it was required in one of the criminology classes I took.

Seems like unless you're studying it, writing specifically about it for journalism, a criminal hobbyist, or working on law enforcement, you won't know about that kind of stuff at all: small fractions of the population.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 06:20 PM
Darth Thor

^ Which is my point. People act like they know everything about the guy a few days after learning about him.

When in reality That sounds more like just repeating the rhetoric of whichever side they want to believe.

@ Surtur im sure most of those guys are ISIS, but when one is an Iranian government official whose even helped defeat ISIS, maybe take a bit of pause first before throwing labels around, because otherwise that just sounds like being closed minded to say the least.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 06:44 PM
Darth Thor

I dont think he was on the FBIs list anyway. But you guys can correct me if im wrong on that:

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorism

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 06:57 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

because otherwise that just sounds like being closed minded to say the least.
Maybe don't pick on someone for having brain problems, bud. He didn't choose his condition.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 01:31 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Veterans group demands apology from Trump over comments on brain injuries

A prominent veterans advocacy group is asking President Trump for an apology over his remarks on injuries suffered by U.S. troops stationed at a military base in Iraq that was hit by Iranian airstrikes earlier this month.

Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) said Trump “minimized” the injuries the troops suffered after the Pentagon announced that dozens of U.S. troops suffered traumatic brain injuries (TBI). Trump had referred to the injuries as “headaches" and "not very serious" earlier in the week.
-snip

Despite Trump's claims, service personal where severely injured when Iran retaliated and fired missiles. Trump then downplayed their injuries.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 01:44 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard

A prominent veterans advocacy group is asking President Trump for an apology over his remarks on injuries suffered by U.S. troops stationed at a military base in Iraq that was hit by Iranian airstrikes earlier this month.

Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) said Trump “minimized” the injuries the troops suffered after the Pentagon announced that dozens of U.S. troops suffered traumatic brain injuries (TBI). Trump had referred to the injuries as “headaches" and "not very serious" earlier in the week.
-snip

Despite Trump's claims, service personal where severely injured when Iran retaliated and fired missiles. Trump then downplayed their injuries.

What about the actual individuals themselves, not a group with self-interested goals and strategies? What do the individuals themselves think?

I'm not for group-think politics a la Citizens United.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 02:29 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

You're an individual. What do you think?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 03:30 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard

-snip

I'm so sorry no soldiers were killed and you're reduced to whining about this. Thoughts and prayers smile

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 08:57 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

What about the actual individuals themselves, not a group with self-interested goals and strategies? What do the individuals themselves think?

I'm not for group-think politics a la Citizens United.

Lol the joy the saddest folk on the planet mustered up in reporting these injuries negates me giving much of a shit about how Trump described them.

All that matters is that the troops apparently will be okay. And it keeps being said the WH initially said there were no injuries, but this isn't the gotcha the TDS afflicted think it is given these kinds of injuries tend to not always show up right away. So if they have to whine about something? My advice is to leave that off the table.

Seriously what has become of this country, there was a palpable disappointment no soldiers died and now there is a sad giddiness some got injured hidden behind a false sense of concern. It's astounding that such a thing as democrats losing an election could inspire this level of insanity so i wonder...was it there all along and they just hid it really well? I am at a loss here. Was this triggered only by the fact Hillary lost or does part of this sickness come from *who* beat her? Like if Ted Cruz had won would the Dems have revealed their insanity?

Last edited by Surtur on Jan 27th, 2020 at 09:16 AM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2020 09:12 AM