KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Mulan (2020)

Mulan (2020)
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Mulan (2020)

Looks okay on the surface, but no Mushu and Shang (but instead someone more sexist) is still a turnoff.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2019 08:31 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Fvcking Disney.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2019 09:51 PM
CaveDude33211 is currently offline Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Why is Mulan not being portrayed by a person of African Descent?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2019 10:09 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Looks okay on the surface, but no Mushu and Shang (but instead someone more sexist) is still a turnoff.

Seems Disney is determined to **** up the classics..No Mushu!? What a sham.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2019 10:21 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Seems Disney is determined to **** up the classics..No Mushu!? What a sham.

Of Course Not! You can't have a Talking Animal in a LIVE ACTION Movie.. That would be.....

.......silly... ooohhhhh...

laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 7th, 2019 10:42 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

No mushu wtf

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 7th, 2019 11:11 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Did Disney say no Mushu? Or are we just assuming since this is the first trailer and he wasn’t in it, so we say no Mushu?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2019 11:32 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

No, he flat out isn't in it; they're replacing him with a phoenix.

Also, I read that apparently this version is based on the original story, not the Disney animated one, so it's going to be less like previous remakes.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 8th, 2019 12:01 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I can respect it for that then if that's what they're going for with this, but meh.

And yeah, why would I lie or something about no Mushu and such? It was known and stated before today's trailer even dropped. lol

Old Post Jul 8th, 2019 02:34 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

And yeah, why would I lie or something about no Mushu and such?
You're a scumbag.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2019 03:01 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I doubt Disney would recast Eddie Murphy even if Mushu wasn't cut. A fail either way.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2019 03:50 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

looks pretty good...

prolly see for the martial arts scenes

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 8th, 2019 04:05 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

I can respect it for that then if that's what they're going for with this, but meh.

And yeah, why would I lie or something about no Mushu and such? It was known and stated before today's trailer even dropped. lol

Wasn’t calling you a liar, just didn’t care enough to watch the trailer. I’ve been annoyed with Disney and their outright pandering.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2019 03:19 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

This is the first live action Disney movie I'm actually interested in. Fkn love Mulan

EDIT: No Mushu or Shang? wtf

PWNT

Old Post Jul 8th, 2019 05:13 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Apparently this is based on the OG Story of Mulan so expect very little to NO Disney Silliness. So yeah. This can wait for dvd.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2019 06:51 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Mulan is one of my least favorite Disney cartoons, but this looks like it might be decent. Not sure if I'll watch it in the theaters though.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 8th, 2019 07:22 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Ummm.... Isn't the entire point of this that she joins the army by disguising herself as a man? Seems kinda obvious that she's a girl at the end there.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2019 11:53 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

watched the trailer again. looks like an epic martial arts tale. feels like they've honoring the actual original source material. can't wait to see donnie yen and jet li kicking ass.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 9th, 2019 05:45 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I've seen better fight scenes on the old Kung Fu Theater TV Show.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2019 06:33 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are they just gonna live action the shit out of every movie? Where's muh Fantasia?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2019 07:04 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote