KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Crisis on Infinite Earth

Crisis on Infinite Earth
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kento
The last Hokage

I actually liked the red on black because of him explaining why he had it that color.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2020 02:16 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Was that cinematic Flash?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2020 02:41 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

^Yeah. Good touch showing us Doom Patrol in there at the end.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 19th, 2020 03:28 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

They even threw in Swamp Thing from the cancelled show. So, even though the program itself isn't around anymore, the character still exists on a parallel earth somewhere. Pity that show got the axe. It's a lot better than some of the other crap that keeps getting renewed.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2020 03:46 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Watching the end of Crisis made me thing of this:

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2020 05:18 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^soooo classic!!! yes

Old Post Jan 19th, 2020 06:34 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

I have loved this cross over event.

The easter eggs throughout have been handled so beautifully IMO. But they have also accomplished so much for DC live action

1. They managed to redeem 90s flash, with a death that befitted the character and made up for his constantly facing mundane threats

2. Made Routh Superman the beakon of light that a poor script denied him in Superman returns (lets face it a Superman as boy scout as he should have been would have never left so no need to return). Instead after a great loss he became a greater beakon.

3. Tied almost every fictional live action DC universe (Keaton Batman, Reeves/Routh Superman, adventures of Superboy(the SM lois held in the death of Superman image), Smallville, 90s Flash, 66 Batman, Titans, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, Lucifer, DCEU, Black Lightning, Green Lantern, and the upcoming Stargirl into the arrowverse multiverse. Literally the only live action series/movies without a cameo link are 50s Superman, 70s Shazam/Isis/Wonder woman (who i beleive appeared in the tie in comic), Lois and Clark, Gotham and Human Target.

4. They gave their character who started it all the most fitting send off, the right to sacrifice himself for everyrhing (twice) that also serves to make him the icon the others all look up to after hes gone. The term Arrowverse has stronger meaning now since it was literally created by the sacrifice of the man known as arrow.

5. They've successfully set it up to take the arrowverse anywhere even to a Justice League show.

6. They even had a Stan Lee like MCU moment with Marv Wolfman getting autographs from SG and Flash.

7. The potential to tell DC stories in a live action forum is now literally limitless since the events of crisis have pretty much confirmed what Geoff Johns and Marvel and told us back in 2014 about the different directions that Warner was taking to MCU going with their live action not being a universe but a Multiverse. We now have the potential if someone ever wanted to do it to have Burton and nolanverse Batman team up with the Batman of the dceu they can all be from different universes Routh Superman could team up with Cavill. Guest appearances from any character of a former DC TV show or a new one could appear in existing shows your current characterss could appear in forthcoming shows not of their current world

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 01:52 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Hey, that wolf man looked really furry. People die from allergies, you know. thumb down

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 02:45 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I enjoyed the crossover, but I do feel like the final episode fell a little flat. As much as I disliked how certain characters didn't get to take part, them having so many cameoes from so many universes was great, and it showed at least a sense of ambition on the part of the showrunners that I honestly didn't believe they had.

They deserve a lot of props for what they did, I think. The execution wasn't perfect, but I have to give them credit for aiming so high.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 05:59 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by beatboks
Literally the only live action series/movies without a cameo link are 50s Superman, 70s Shazam/Isis/Wonder woman (who i beleive appeared in the tie in comic), Lois and Clark, Gotham and Human Target.

There was also a black & white Batman TV show in the 40's, from what I've seen of it it's basically The Lone Ranger (even though it predates it) with Robin as his Tonto.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 02:21 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by -Pr-
I enjoyed the crossover, but I do feel like the final episode fell a little flat. As much as I disliked how certain characters didn't get to take part, them having so many cameoes from so many universes was great, and it showed at least a sense of ambition on the part of the showrunners that I honestly didn't believe they had.

They deserve a lot of props for what they did, I think. The execution wasn't perfect, but I have to give them credit for aiming so high.

I felt like they somewhat fell into the same trap that a lot of the Marvel Netflix shows tended to. Have the big climax a bit too early and then have things drag out anticlimactically from there. I did enjoy it overall though. And as you said, the fact that they were willing to be so ambitious with this deserves some credit as well.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 03:06 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I’ve got no complaints.

The Post Crisis ep. was a nice follow up to the actual climax, it established a status quo for all the shows going forward they can now play with, and ended on an upbeat hopeful note after giving props to the character/actor that started it all.

So, again, no complaints!

Old Post Jan 21st, 2020 10:33 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Someone pointed out to me, w. The Paragons all recalling The Crisis, Lex knows everyone’s secret ID but Black Lightning’s.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2020 02:41 AM
riv6672

This is pretty cool...:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screen...ing-member/amp/

...I didn’t even remember Gideon had started to say that before cutting off all those years ago. Nice callback, great foreshadowing!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2020 10:24 AM
riv6672

Every show so far’s done a nice job of using Post Crisis fallout to further their plots. I approve!

Old Post Jan 28th, 2020 10:19 AM
Darth Thor

Im late. But I thought this was pretty cool.

They only merged 3 Earths right? Flash, SG and BL? As in all the other Tv shows and movie Universes still exist, but the Earths 2-52 and Earth X with alternate Grant Flashs and Melissa Supergirls are all gone right?

Only criticism of that merger is I dont like the Wells they have chosen to stay. Would have much preferred Earth 2 Harry (I know Thawne will always be back).

Ezra cameo was brief and a little strange. Might be pointless as well if hes fires due to that woman beating caught on camera stuff.

Old Post May 10th, 2020 07:48 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Even if he's fired or something, the purpose of that scene was to connect the Arrowverse to the DCEU, which they did. All the live action DC universes are in some way connected now, which is pretty cool.

Old Post May 10th, 2020 09:22 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah true... Was expecting a bit of a longer scene though. Issue with watching it months later after its already been hyped up.

Old Post May 10th, 2020 09:45 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

F*ck everything else: Clark from Smallville gave up his powers WHILE Lex Luthor was president lol.

Insanity.

Old Post May 10th, 2020 10:52 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Surtur
F*ck everything else: Clark from Smallville gave up his powers WHILE Lex Luthor was president lol.

Insanity.

Lex was always destined to be President in the Smallville timeline.

But yeah what a way to troll us having him as just normal Clark after he finally became Superman at the end of the show lmao

Other than that though I honestly really enjoyed his scene with Cryers Luthor.

Old Post May 10th, 2020 11:04 PM