KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Midsommar

Midsommar
Started by: Eon Blue

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Midsommar

Saw it the other night and absolutely loved it. Another masterpiece by Ari Aster, director of Hereditary.

Anyone else watch it?

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2019 05:18 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

It's on my to-watch list, will likely check it out in the next week or so

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 26th, 2019 05:20 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I still need to see Hereditary.

So I'm going to try to get on these two soon.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2019 05:22 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Watched Hereditary today. It was excellent. thumb up thumb up

Old Post Jul 27th, 2019 11:11 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

hereditary was 2nd fav movie of last year!

Old Post Jul 27th, 2019 11:23 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I'm hoping to get around to watching this in the coming days/weeks..

Old Post Sep 25th, 2019 01:31 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Watched this last night, was decent, but nowhere near as good as Hereditary. This lacked the suspense and constant unsettling feeling.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2019 06:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Watched this last night, was decent, but nowhere near as good as Hereditary. This lacked the suspense and constant unsettling feeling.

Indeed. I actually hated this the first time I saw it, but I ended up watching it again with a more open mind, and I liked it a lot more upon my second viewing, I made the mistake of going into this expecting more Hereditary. While not as good as it's predecessor, It's still a unique story with amazing cinematography.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2019 11:34 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Hereditary is probably my second favorite horror film I've seen this year, if this is even half as good it should be worth a watch.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 12:31 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

The first is?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 07:57 PM
NemeBro

The first is?
1922, starring Thomas Jane on Netflix.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 08:19 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

It's that good? Nice.

I'll try and check it out this weekend.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 08:23 PM
NemeBro

It's that good? Nice.

I'll try and check it out this weekend.
Like Hereditary there is a purveying ambiguity during the film's runtime concerning how much of what we are apparently seeing is real or the result of a damaged mind's warped perspective. Jane also kills his role, and while the circumstances surrounding his character's situation are unfathomably bleak and terrible he ultimately has only himself to blame. It's also a period piece which I like, and like Hereditary where at no point do things seem safe, in 1922 the atmosphere of suffering never leaves it.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 11:53 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, 1922 is good, too. thumb up

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 01:20 PM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

I’ve not heard of it until now. Thanks for the rec!

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 03:52 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

So I finally watched this and it's great.

I think I actually found it more haunting than Hereditary because it seemed more real, no silly supernatural element that took me out of the story.

This director is... amazing.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2019 07:54 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Aster is apparently going to take a short break from horror for his next film (maybe two).

Still, with him and Peele currently doing horror films proper service, we're in good hands.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2019 11:50 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Aster is apparently going to take a short break from horror for his next film (maybe two).

Cool. Yeah, I was actually thinking I'd like to see him do something besides horror.

Still, with him and Peele currently doing horror films proper service, we're in good hands.

Yeah, I just think Peele needs to bring in other writers. Us was beautifully done, but didn't really make sense.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2019 03:30 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I enjoyed 'Us', but it's inferior to 'Get Out', lacked the wit and humor combined with horror of the first film.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2019 04:05 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Will eventually check this out but it’s running time is definitely a , “watch on a day off” with a beer kind of movie

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 15th, 2019 04:10 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote