KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » 1917

Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Release Date 12/25/2019 (That's Christmas day to you heathens. ps Happy birthday Jesus)
Directed by Sam Mendes
With Richard Madden, Benedict Cumberbatch, Mark Strong, Andrew Scott

Premise: Two British soldiers experience one harrowing day while fighting in World War I.

Love a good war epic, so I'll check this out.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 1st, 2019 11:55 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

It's a solid cast and director but that trailer just looked cheap.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2019 01:19 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Felt the same, like a made for TV flick almost. Still, looking forward to this so far.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2019 01:55 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this looks good.. talented cast. of course to see stephen strange and Ikaris in a whole lot of scenes together should be freaking awesome

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2019 03:38 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oliver Brown
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am quite impressed y this movie's cast!

I mean all the casted actors are amazing.

I'm waiting for this.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2019 05:47 AM
Oliver Brown is currently offline Click here to Send Oliver Brown a Private Message Find more posts by Oliver Brown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Really enjoyed this, the cinematography was crazy excellent. This first hour or so seemed like one uninterrupted shot.

Wouldn't be surprised if Sam Mendes wins for best director.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 06:55 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Is there strong story and character development in this?

I didn't really like the Nolan film from a few years ago, Dunkirk. It was rather dry and didn't really deserve a Best Picture nom imo.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 07:12 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Is there strong story and character development in this?

I didn't really like the Nolan film from a few years ago, Dunkirk. It was rather dry and didn't really deserve a Best Picture nom imo.

The story is very simplistic, two soldiers need to get from point A) to point B) before X-hour or something bad will happen to a bunch of other soldiers.

There's character development in it for the two mains, but it's tidbits here/there, it works though imo. The story is about 90% focused on them and the journey. The supporting characters they meet along the way, you only a surface feeling for them, but it works in the greater story.

This movie is all about the views though, there's some absolutely terrific camerawork in this and the "reality" of war depicted here is both visceral and in your face visual.

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 13th, 2020 at 08:48 PM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 08:46 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

My number 1 film of 2019.

Amazing.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 01:51 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

A great film.

Way better than Joker bile.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 02:53 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by playa1258
My number 1 film of 2019.

Amazing.

Still haven’t seen it yet. I’m not big on watching war movies in the theater. I need the pause and walk it off option on those. Definitely planning to catch it though!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 10:13 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote