KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Secrets of the Jedi

The Secrets of the Jedi
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 14th, 2019 at 01:20 PM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2019 08:22 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The photos are too blurry to make out. Does it say anything interesting?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2019 08:30 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Hmm... The thumbnails are clickable, and readable on my end. Strange.

Anyway, there are a few decent little tidbits in the book, but nothing late-breaking at first glance.

Luke mentioned that Mace might have bested Palpatine in combat if Anakin hadn't interfered, he likened Snoke's power to Palpatine's, he mentioned that Vader's castle was designed by Lord Momin, he mentioned scouring the galaxy for any and all force-related knowledge after RotJ, he expanded on his perceived "failures" as a Jedi Master, he mentioned that Quinlan Vos was rumored to have survived Order 66, etc.

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 13th, 2019 at 08:58 PM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2019 08:38 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Luke knows about the Mace vs Palpatine fight? Kinda strange thing for him to read up on, let alone have an opinion on who would have won, but okay.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2019 09:46 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Give me some Vos content already, stop teasing him Disney sad

Old Post Nov 13th, 2019 10:02 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I thought this came out some time ago?

EDIT: Ah, there were preview pages.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Nov 14th, 2019 at 12:02 AM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2019 11:57 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Hmm... The thumbnails are clickable, and readable on my end. Strange.

Anyway, there are a few decent little tidbits in the book, but nothing late-breaking at first glance.

Luke mentioned that Mace might have bested Palpatine in combat if Anakin hadn't interfered, he likened Snoke's power to Palpatine's, he mentioned that Vader's castle was designed by Lord Momin, he mentioned scouring the galaxy for any and all force-related knowledge after RotJ, he expanded on his perceived "failures" as a Jedi Master, he mentioned that Quinlan Vos was rumored to have survived Order 66, etc.

Thanks. Must have been my phone as when I tried to zoom in they remained blurry. Look fine now on my PC.

"He may have managed to survive his duel with Obi-Wan Kenobi on Mustafar, but for all intents and purposes, the man who was once Anakin Skywalker died on that lava-drenched world."

Do the people working for Disney on SW even bother to watch the OT? Jesus Christ. It's like they missed the whole ****in point of Luke's character.

Last edited by ares834 on Nov 14th, 2019 at 02:17 AM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 02:10 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by ares834
Thanks. Must have been my phone as when I tried to zoom in they remained blurry. Look fine now on my PC.

"He may have managed to survive his duel with Obi-Wan Kenobi on Mustafar, but for all intents and purposes, the man who was once Anakin Skywalker died on that lava-drenched world."

Do the people working for Disney on SW even bother to watch the OT? Jesus Christ. It's like they missed the whole ****in point of Luke's character.

The Last Jedi, Ares...TLJ...

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 03:07 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Luke knows about the Mace vs Palpatine fight? Kinda strange thing for him to read up on, let alone have an opinion on who would have won, but okay.
Luke mentioned that he communicated with the ghosts of Yoda, Kenobi, and Anakin after the events of RotJ... So maybe Anakin's ghost filled him in on what little he saw of that conflict..? Dunno.

I think he meant in that moment Anakin Skywalker died... Which is kind of true where Disney canon is concerned. When Vader lost on Mustafar and donned 'the suit', Anakin Skywalker ceased to exist(at least in his own mind.) They've made it a point to reiterate this.

-In Rebels, for example, Vader states: "Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him!" (he made similar comments in the novels as well.)
-In a few different novels Vader has also referred to his past self as "the Jedi", like Anakin is an entirely different person.
-In the comics we see Vader's astral/force form destroy the last remaining remnants of light within him.
etc.

It wasn't until Luke came along years later that the 'good' in Vader began to resurface... I only mention this because later in the book Luke does comment on being able to sense that Vader's turn to the dark side was not absolute and that Anakin Skywalker *could* still be redeemed:
https://i.imgur.com/7Hu4XXf.jpg

...Which makes it even more hilarious to me that he legitimately considered murdering Kylo in his sleep, "cuz teh darkness!!!" Lol.

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 14th, 2019 at 03:20 AM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 03:09 AM
ares834

But it’s Luke who is writing this book. Sure, if someone like Kenobi or Vader wrote it I could see them saying Anakin died on Mustafar. But Luke was strongly opposed to that idea. Having him “write” that is completely OOC.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 03:37 AM
Zenwolf

...Which makes it even more hilarious to me that he legitimately considered murdering Kylo in his sleep, "cuz teh darkness!!!" Lol.

Must have been really dark darkness..

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 05:01 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Luke mentioned that he communicated with the ghosts of Yoda, Kenobi, and Anakin after the events of RotJ... So maybe Anakin's ghost filled him in on what little he saw of that conflict..? Dunno.

Sounds more like they played Revenge of the Sith for him on the big screen.

Theres literally no reason for Luke to know anything more about Mace than his rank and title and whatevers in the history books.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 07:05 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Theres literally no reason for Luke to know anything more about Mace than his rank and title and whatevers in the history books.
I wouldn't look too deep into it, Luke writing it is just used as an excuse to summarise the most important characters introduced in Canon so far

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 09:55 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Anyway, about Vos. I think id actually prefer a Vos series to an Obi-Wan one.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 10:09 AM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Definitely <3

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 12:00 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

But it's Luke who is writing this book. Sure, if someone like Kenobi or Vader wrote it I could see them saying Anakin died on Mustafar. But Luke was strongly opposed to that idea. Having him "write" that is completely OOC.
Yeah, I see what you're saying there. thumb up

I know it's kind of an asspull, but in this book Luke does mention that the spirits of Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Anakin guided him for many years(until he shut himself off from the force after Kylo's betrayal.) So perhaps some of Anakin's spirit-guidance entailed him telling Luke his backstory..? Just spitballing. /shrug

I don't disagree.

Even Anakin only saw the very end of the fight(ie. Mace holding his lightsaber to a defenseless Palpatine who was scurrying about on the floor.) Not even he knew what had transpired beforehand, so it's not like he could have provided any details about their battle to Luke.

On a related note: Luke also mentions that Palpatine was permanently scarred when Mace deflected his lightning back at him. IOW, his gnarled appearance isn't necessarily his 'true' face or w/e.

100%.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Kenobi series can be fantastic, but we know it's going to be limited in the sense that he'll be confined to Tatooine the entire time. Vos' story after the Purge could do a LOT of original world-building to current canon... And it certainly doesn't have to be limited to a single world either.

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 14th, 2019 at 12:45 PM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 12:34 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

^yep, also Vos's personality, the fact he follows the jedi's teachings, but also doesn't refrain from breaking them when needed, could lead to more interesting scenarios. Kenobi is fully commited to the Jedi creed, characters like Vader and Palpy are 100% evil, Vos is more in-between (tending more towards the Jedi of course), if he is written well he could be an awesome protagonist in a tv series. However I fear it might end up being too similar to the Mandalorian, just with a lightsaber instead of flamethrowers

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 12:46 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Yeah, it would depend how they went about it.

I'd like to see a story where Vos is constantly on the run from the Inquisitors/Vader and having to hop from planet to planet to try and lay low. At this point he's basically hiding all of his abilities because of the extra attention they would draw, but he occasionally intervenes when the need requires it, because he'll never stop being a Jedi... Not fully. Maybe have some of the other Jedi survivors trying to seek him out(like they hinted at in the Vader comics) because he's one of the last known Jedi Masters still alive and they want his 'guidance' or whatever.

Dunno. There's definitely TONS of potential there, imo.

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 14th, 2019 at 01:00 PM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 12:56 PM
Mendax
Hand of God

Can you post the pages about force powers? It looks like they're included based on the preview pages but I can barely make those out. embarrasment

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 01:04 PM
Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Mendax
Can you post the pages about force powers? It looks like they're included based on the preview pages but I can barely make those out. embarrasment
This is it:

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

*Though I would note that earlier in the book, Luke mentioned Vos' Psychometry, yet it isn't listed here. IOW, these few entries do not represent the full extent of Luke's knowledge when it comes to light and dark side powers... They're evidently just the predominate abilities that he wanted to emphasize.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2019 01:17 PM