KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Stupid fight scenes in todays movies!

Stupid fight scenes in todays movies!
Started by: Tifa Lockhart Strife

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Re: He killed a guy once. Ripped his throat right out.

If a computer game manages to get decent martial arts in it, it will be a bloody mircale.

Just look at their attempts to getlightsabre fighting right. And that's even a fantasy concept!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 7th, 2001 02:48 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

There's a new game out called ONI, and it has rather realistic moves from what I've seen of it.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2001 06:59 AM
Darth Daft is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I'm more a quake kinda player myself. Though, as DD indicated before Alice is a greta game.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2001 02:49 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

I can think of a really stupid fight scene. Between an entire legion of the emporer's best troops and some teddy bears with rocks and sticks. sick

Old Post Mar 8th, 2001 06:59 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You know, if the whole Ewok thing really WAS a Vietnam allegory, it was a pretty badly done one. The worst of any ofGL's allegories.

The Gungan battle in TPM was a far better example of a lower-tech (but not tech-incapable, by any means) people holding their own against superior forces... and they had the good decency to lose as well.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 9th, 2001 12:25 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Hey, don't be so hard on the Ewoks laughing out loud .. Given that GL was working on Coppola's Apocalypse Now when he first came up with that concept, the whole Vietnam allegory really isn't suprising.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2001 11:10 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I am soooooo pleased that I don't understand a word you're talking about.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2001 12:41 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah, but it was WOOKIES when he first came up with the concept, wasn't it?

I try not to lay too hard into the Ewoks- kid's film and everything etc.- but I really don't think they acheieved the point he wanted, while the Gungans did, Jar-Jar and all.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 10th, 2001 01:41 AM
queeq
Chaos

Yes, it was a little too naive. I disagree they achieved that with the Gungans though. For one, they lost. Were it not for Anakin disabling the entire army.
Second, the Ewoks WERE fighting a guerrilla war against soldiers out of their element. The Gungans were out there in an open field, army facing army. Much like Spartacus.

But let's face it, there were fun bits and after 18 years we sort of got to live with it.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2001 01:52 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

FIne by me. So, not so stupid after all, just imperfect.

I always thought Commando was on of the worst offenders for fighting, in the sense that all the enemies rush headlong into Arnie's endless bullets while somehow firing 10,000 shots at him without hitting once.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 10th, 2001 01:55 AM
queeq
Chaos

Oh, I thought Rambo (II) was worse. The scene at the helicopter with sly half naked, being shot at by half the Vietnamese army firing an M-60 in one hand.

Or where the Vietnamese officer shoots at him several times near the waterfall and Sly nice and easily takes out his bow and arrow and blows him to bits. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 10th, 2001 02:01 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keokiswahine
Confusion

I like the ewoks and wookiees. Underdogs.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2001 12:21 PM
keokiswahine is currently offline Click here to Send keokiswahine a Private Message Find more posts by keokiswahine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Not really the point... besides, I don't think there's been any anti-Wookie sentiment. Wookies as underdogs? Doubtful.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 15th, 2001 02:14 AM