KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Spider-Man's future in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Spider-Man's future in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr Will Hatch

By the way, f.uck Tom Rothman.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 10:26 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
By the way, f.uck Tom Rothman.
thumb up

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 10:27 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Phuuuuuuuck, I like Spider-Man! Why does Disney have to be total dicks and ruin it

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 10:29 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by steverules_2
Phuuuuuuuck, I like Spider-Man! Why does Disney have to be total dicks and ruin it
Blame Sony and their success. Without Feige this will falter. MCU is the only company to ever pull tgis off long term to build into a finale previously inconceivable ten years ago.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 10:30 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Seems pretty dumb. They could easily take a leaf out of DC's book and simply have a different Spiderman not linked to the MCU like what DC are doing with Joker and leave Holland in the MCU and split the cost/profits on the licensing.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 11:18 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Holland's the best SM thus far and it seems like he's contracted to the character regardless of being in the MCU of not, so that's good.

But I still want SM to be in the MCU, Disney/Marvel does a better job, hopefully it's just a bargaining chip Sony is using to get more money out of the deal.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 11:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

This will get sorted out.

Disney's built up Spidey WAY too much in the MCU to just drop him now without a fight.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 20th, 2019 at 11:46 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 11:44 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Spiderman leaving the MCU is dire news. The MCU will certainly be affected should this happen, considering that Peter has had a lot of importance in IW and EG.

If it's true that both Marvel and Sony would be affected, clearly Marvel is the most affected.

Retconning is bad news and filling Tom's absence will be worse.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 11:47 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Back to shitty amazing Spiderman tier movies
And stupid decisions like wanting to make movies based on Silver Sable , etc.

Last edited by Inhuman on Aug 21st, 2019 at 12:02 AM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 11:49 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2019 11:52 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Galan007

Disney's built up Spidey WAY too much in the MCU to just drop him now without a fight.

I really think (hope) so too. Just a matter of both companies agreeing on the "X' amount of dollars.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 12:32 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Robtard
I really think (hope) so too. Just a matter of both companies agreeing on the "X' amount of dollars.

Considering their history in negotiations, it's a miracle this agreement lasted as long as it did.

I'd imagine the negotiations go like this:

"You pay for everything, we take a 50% cut."

"We demand a higher cut, because we're spending all the money. Unless you want to chip in on the funding?"

"50/50, you pay, take it or leave it. We're Disney, *****, HAHA!"

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 12:38 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

PWNT

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 12:48 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Galan007

It will probably get sorted out when either Disney swallows its pride and accepts a smaller cut of the profits or bankrupts itself to buy the license to Spider Man (which is the worst possible scenario btw).

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 01:04 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by NemeBro
It will probably get sorted out when either Disney swallows its pride and accepts a smaller cut of the profits or bankrupts itself to buy the license to Spider Man (which is the worst possible scenario btw).

You don't rise in Disney by being a reasonable, well adjusted human being.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 01:09 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 01:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
50 was too high, I agree.

The whole spider-sense introduction was USELESS!

Sony is moe at fault but lets see how they handle eveytghing, but also I've read sony might be crawling back to marvel coz of the backlash..

also of not idiot dceu dirty c%cksuckers know that making money is the name of the game for all movie studios.. of course dceu has had to reboot, and a higher up who is a pervert rapist

Originally posted by steverules_2

wasn't disney.. disney wanted a 50/50 share of the profits , they also wanted sony to share in the production costs...

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 03:19 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Sony is moe at fault but lets see how they handle eveytghing, but also I've read sony might be crawling back to marvel coz of the backlash..

also of not idiot dceu dirty c%cksuckers know that making money is the name of the game for all movie studios.. of course dceu has had to reboot, and a higher up who is a pervert rapist

5% on the first dollar. Sony is certainly kidding by this point.

I agree that a 50% is too high, but certainly Marvel is it's right to demand a better deal.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 03:21 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
5% on the first dollar. Sony is certainly kidding by this point.

I agree that a 50% is too high, but certainly Marvel is it's right to demand a better deal.

I won't be at all surprised if they resign but im taking a wait and see approach

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 03:25 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I won't be at all surprised if they resign but im taking a wait and see approach

Yeah, both industries will lose... Marvel nor Sony have made any official publications about it, so there's that.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 03:33 AM