KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Spider-Man's future in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Spider-Man's future in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

When you laugh at the jokes only to realise that they're probably very accurate.

Also, lol at the Venom jab.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 03:46 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Reminder that this was the last idea Sony had when it came to live action Spider-Man films

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 05:24 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 05:25 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Inhuman
Reminder that this was the last idea Sony had when it came to live action Spider-Man films

I love how one of his superpowers was that the gap between his front teeth disappeared.

https://moviecomicswhoswho.files.wo...electrofilm.jpg

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 05:37 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Inhuman

And Good luck to Disney trying to sell those Electro toys with their Spider-Man movie merchandising rights.

Something tells me the FFH Mysterio toys wont have a problem selling.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 06:21 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Darth Thor
And Good luck to Disney trying to sell those Electro toys with their Spider-Man movie merchandising rights.

Something tells me the FFH Mysterio toys wont have a problem selling.

I dunno, man. Depending on how hard that Electro thing is, it could be satisfying to punch.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 06:27 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

TOLD YOU.. Sony is more at fault...

https://deadline.com/2019/08/kevin-...ger-1202672545/

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 06:45 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Campea saying the full original report confirmed Sony offered Disney a 30% stake in the Spider-Man films. Disney refused. Disney also demanded 50% of the entire Spider-Man movie franchise including the Venom verse films.

This was obviously a ploy by Disney to get Spidey back on a super cheap deal. Like getting joint control for free.

As for Sony downplaying the facts, they were trying to salvage any remnants of renegotiation. They even say in their official statement something akin to they still hope Spidey can rejoin the MCU at some point.

So yeah keep playing dumb and blaming Sony. Ill support the future Sony films and cant wait to see Spider-Man in the next Venom movie thumb up

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 07:12 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Campea saying the full original report Sony offered Disney a 30% stake in the Spider-Man films. Disney refused. They also demanded 50% of the entire Spider-Man movie franchise including the Venom verse films.

This was obviously a ploy by Disney to get Spidey back on a super cheap deal. Like getting controlling interest for free.

As for Sony downplaying the facts, they were trying to salvage any remnants of renegotiation. They even say in their official statement something akin to they still hope Spidey can rejoin the MCU at some point.

So yeah keep playing dumb and blaming Sony. Ill support the future Sony films and cant wait to see Spider-Man in the next Venom movie thumb up

Well, in light of this... Yeah, this is on Disney. 30% is more than generous IMO. This could also be an intentional tactic though. Make the first one unreasonable, but then walk it back to something less, but still more than the initial 30% offer. Don't know how successful that would be though.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 07:16 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

30% is certainly a marvelous deal. I personally would think Sony offering around 10% to 20% max.

But 30%! Disney better think about it twice.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 07:25 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
TOLD YOU.. Sony is more at fault...

https://deadline.com/2019/08/kevin-...ger-1202672545/
**** Sony. . Thor hates Disney to the point of being a hater. D. Thor actually cannot wait to see a character whose entire film past is in the MCU in the next venom film. The kid is a moron. Look at the past Spider-Man films and how it blew up on them. Sony is disgusting.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 07:27 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
30% is certainly a marvelous deal. I personally would think Sony offering around 10% to 20% max.

But 30%! Disney better think about it twice.

not sure why folks believe campea coz i could care less what he says.. but if sony and disney make up, then that could happen

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 09:00 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Sony was more than likely behind the leaked story as to apply pressure but their stocks fell. Backfired.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 09:02 PM
Impediment
Endless

Sony will never sell Spidey to Disney.

Fite me IRL.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 10:01 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Impediment

Fite me IRL.
If Disney offered a big enough sum for it I think they would, but at that point it probably wouldn't even be worth it.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 10:27 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

WatchMojo's got it right! Feels to me like Disney will have to bend the knee here...

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 10:37 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Impediment

Fite me IRL.

I will fight you in an active volcano

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 10:40 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander

WatchMojo's got it right! Feels to me like Disney will have to bend the knee here...
Their stocks already fell since the public will of the people supports Disney. I wish you were more knowledgeable.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/0...der-man-movies/

You lose.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 11:00 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

I'm sure this story isn't over. Like Disney & PIXAR reportedly splitting in the previous decade, or James Gunn getting fired from directing Guardians Of The Galaxy vol. 3, I think the final chapter hasn't been written here yet.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2019 01:38 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote:
You do know Stan Lee, the man that we in charge of Marvel for the longest staid to no to such an idiotic idea right?

That's why i said "Could easily be another Spider-Man from another universe"

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2019 02:25 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote