KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Matrix: Resurrections

The Matrix: Resurrections
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Badabing
Karen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
loved the first, while both sequels were shit
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
The first Matrix is one of my all time favorite movies. I despised the sequels, nevertheless this has me hyped.
Originally posted by Robtard
Feel the same, the first film was good, something overall new and exciting, the scene where Neo learns the reality of what human existence is for himself and the rest was so good the first time seeing it.

The sequels had entertainment value, but were not on par story wise.

So not very hyped over this, but I'll wait for more info and go from there.
I pretend the 3rd Matrix was never made. Ignorance is bliss.

Looking forward to seeing what the 4th Matrix will/can bring. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

I hope Quan never sees the 4th Matrix. thumb up

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2019 02:53 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

The 4th Matrix hopes it doesn't see Quan.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2019 02:56 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

2 & 3 aren't as bad as they are made out to be. At the time "Reloaded" was released many people hailed it as "better than the 1st." The whole sequels suck thing only happened as time went on and because people thought Revolutions wasn't up to par, so I think that dragged Reloaded down a bit because both 2 & 3 are really meant to be one long movie.

Either way, I would welcome a 4th Matrix movie any day. My only request are that they get Fishburn and Weaving back as well as Don Davis to write the score. This is a movie that I want to watch and feel like I've gone back in time.

I like George.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2019 05:09 AM
Sith Master X is currently offline Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Sith Master X
2 & 3 aren't as bad as they are made out to be. At the time "Reloaded" was released many people hailed it as "better than the 1st." The whole sequels suck thing only happened as time went on and because people thought Revolutions wasn't up to par, so I think that dragged Reloaded down a bit because both 2 & 3 are really meant to be one long movie.

Either way, I would welcome a 4th Matrix movie any day. My only request are that they get Fishburn and Weaving back as well as Don Davis to write the score. This is a movie that I want to watch and feel like I've gone back in time.

The sequels were largely misunderstood, so this meme of "the sequels sucked" was just an easy way for people to cope and show their lack of nuance. I took a college course on the Matrix films. I'm not saying the sequels are perfect in every way (they definitely have some flaws), but it's worth looking past because when you view the story arch as a whole it's actually kind of impressive and mindbending.

One of the great character archs is Morpheus. His blind faith in "The One" turned out to be just another system of control and he was crushed to realize it and forced to abandon his dogma.

The Matrix: How have other 'fourth' films fared?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2019 09:41 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Badabing
I pretend the 3rd Matrix was never made. Ignorance is bliss.

Looking forward to seeing what the 4th Matrix will/can bring. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

I hope Quan never sees the 4th Matrix. thumb up

Quan will lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2019 05:40 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Sith Master X

I remember I was one of the "Reloaded was better than the original" when I saw it for the first time.

I for sure welcome another Matrix film. If the Wachowskis from the original trilogy and V for Vendetta show up, it'll be great. If Jupiter Ascending Wachowskis show up...ehhh..

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2019 06:25 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Matrix 4

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
As a pretty big fan of the original Trilogy this is a bit baffling.

There was some mention of this off and on over the past few years, but I thought it was all just hot air in the end. But apparently not?

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...th-keanu-reeves

Big fan of the Trilogy, as well. I think this will be good. There's plenty of lore there to write a 4th film.

Also, Lana is still at the helm. Still a Wachowski. I hope she doesn't do what she did with Sense8 and makes it a gushing movie about SJW stuff. Sense8 had such a good setup and premise but they just couldn't help themselves with the SJW stuff.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2019 06:48 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah see I can't trust these people after Jupiter Ascending. I'm sorry. I think that movie reflects who these directors are now and this shit is going to be bad. Sure the 3rd Matrix film was bad too, but you could recover from it.

Now though...no

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2019 07:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Figured someone would bring it up, but no way do I see this being another Jupiter Ascending. lol

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2019 07:28 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wish the film did not exist so that I could not bring it up.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2019 07:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
The sequels were largely misunderstood, so this meme of "the sequels sucked" was just an easy way for people to cope and show their lack of nuance. I took a college course on the Matrix films. I'm not saying the sequels are perfect in every way (they definitely have some flaws), but it's worth looking past because when you view the story arch as a whole it's actually kind of impressive and mindbending.

One of the great character archs is Morpheus. His blind faith in "The One" turned out to be just another system of control and he was crushed to realize it and forced to abandon his dogma.

The Matrix: How have other 'fourth' films fared?

Also watching the Animatrix helps to understand the 2nd movie too

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2019 06:34 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by cdtm
The 4th Matrix hopes it doesn't see Quan.
Seeing it with your mother.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2019 04:19 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Quan will lol
Love this franchise.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2019 04:19 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah see I can't trust these people after Jupiter Ascending. I'm sorry. I think that movie reflects who these directors are now and this shit is going to be bad. Sure the 3rd Matrix film was bad too, but you could recover from it.

Now though...no

It's a testament to how terrible that script was that even an actor as talented as Eddie Redmayne looked like a fool in it.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2019 04:38 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Sounds like a bad idea, but I'd be lying if I'm not going to be there on opening day. The sequels already sucked and yet the original remains a classic, so I doubt one more would truly ruin the original. I'm not expecting better than the original, though I do hope it is better than the sequels.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2019 07:26 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
The Wachowski Bros kinda suck, barring the first Matrix they've barely made anything watchable, let alone good. The first one was probably pure luck.

They are sisters, you insensitive bigot.

You seriously think you can just get away with misgendering people? Unbelievable.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2019 09:38 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oliver Brown
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's an amazing news for us to know that Keanu Reeves is going to play the Neo again.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2019 11:56 AM
Oliver Brown is currently offline Click here to Send Oliver Brown a Private Message Find more posts by Oliver Brown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

I wish they would do a movie off of the original war from the Animatrix

Old Post Aug 27th, 2019 12:42 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I wish they would do a movie off of the original war from the Animatrix

I agree, but they've already sort of done it. But yeah, they could create some characters living through the events. Could be very fascinating watching the machines experimenting on humans.

But again, SPOILERS Neo and Trinity DIED. They're dead. How the f#ck do you resurrect them without insulting the original trilogy??

Old Post Sep 4th, 2019 10:55 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

It was all just another matrix? Oooooo

Old Post Sep 4th, 2019 11:50 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote