KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Matrix: Resurrections

The Matrix: Resurrections
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah same. The Wachowskis (or whatever theyre called now), havent done anything good aside from Matrix and Matrix Reloaded.

Reloaded was bad. And story wise a prequel would probably be better.

But yeah, Keanus great, so theres that.

(Ignoring your literally immediate contradiction) Or maybe you meant "Revolutions was bad"?

That's funny because when The Matrix came out people were probably saying the opposite: "The Wachowskis are great, but Keanu is so wooden!"

The Matrix sequels were bound to be misunderstood from the beginning because of course they make for clunky story-telling, but taken as a whole trilogy it's a great story arc.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 07:36 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I hope they get to put together another good soundtrack like the first film...

the Reloaded soundtrack had some good songs, but was partly a sell-out with crap like POD and Linkin Park on there. I know they didn't choose those bands because they had to edit their shitty songs when they played during the credits. I think they had full editing control over the film itself, but not the soundtrack.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 07:40 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
(Ignoring your literally immediate contradiction) Or maybe you meant "Revolutions was bad"?

That's funny because when The Matrix came out people were probably saying the opposite: "The Wachowskis are great, but Keanu is so wooden!"

The Matrix sequels were bound to be misunderstood from the beginning because of course they make for clunky story-telling, but taken as a whole trilogy it's a great story arc.

Yeah I meant Revolutions.

I feel that one dented the trilogy to the point a lot of people say only the first one was good. (Middle chapters depend a lot on how it ends).

Thats true about the Irony of Keanu.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 07:43 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Keanu has had a very interesting career. I never would have expected him to completely shed his dopey, clueless dude persona (from Bill and Teds) and completely take on the badass, melancholy action star identity. I mean, so much so that he couldn't even really pull off the roll for the Bill and Ted's 3 movie. I really didn't think he worked well in that movie at all. I mean, part of it was bad wardobe choices I think, but he still wasn't convincing for being cluelessly optimistic anymore.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 07:50 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Old Post Jan 31st, 2021 02:23 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jun 19th, 2021 03:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^interesting.
Good to hear.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2021 08:39 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Please don't suck.. please don't suck...

I'm not particularly excited about a love story... erm I prefer pulpy, cerebral, dark sci-fi

Old Post Jun 19th, 2021 07:56 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Please don't suck.. please don't suck...

I'm not particularly excited about a love story... erm I prefer pulpy, cerebral, dark sci-fi

Same here, I don't want it to suck. They've had 10+ years to think up something good and hope its not a turd.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2021 02:42 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I mean, the other films always had a love story weaved in to the action and cerebral sci-fi, so I'm assuming the new one will probably be similar.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2021 05:00 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Mariland
How dare you, you sound just like the Architect did, jealous of the pretty young heroin

laughing out loud

lol bots

Old Post Jun 21st, 2021 08:20 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

They're taking their sweet ass time releasing a teaser.

But a vague description of it....

https://collider-com.cdn.ampproject...-description%2F

Old Post Aug 26th, 2021 09:49 PM
ShadowFyre

https://youtube.com/watch?v=rIqBnRf...p;feature=share

Here is another description from YouTube. I am a little confused, it's not a reboot so I am assuming it is just another program or whatever?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2021 12:03 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
https://youtube.com/watch?v=rIqBnRf...p;feature=share

Here is another description from YouTube. I am a little confused, it's not a reboot so I am assuming it is just another program or whatever?

Nice, okay, yours is much better, much more in-depth.

Hm.. sounds like it should have been called The Matrix: Re-boot

But we'll see how the trailer actual looks soon enough, I suppose...

Old Post Aug 27th, 2021 12:12 AM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Here's someone else who saw the trailer talking about it

Old Post Aug 27th, 2021 01:02 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Nice, okay, yours is much better, much more in-depth.

Hm.. sounds like it should have been called The Matrix: Re-boot

But we'll see how the trailer actual looks soon enough, I suppose...

So remember in 2 or 3 where they talk about there has been multiple incarnations of the matrix? My first presumption is that this is just another one. But that couldn't be right as it would completely negate him having defeated the machines?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2021 01:29 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Jaden's is pretty good as well. I am completely confused

Old Post Aug 27th, 2021 01:33 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

One of the comments on the first video sounded pretty legit...

(will try to attach, stand by)

Attachment: matrix 4 theory.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Aug 27th, 2021 02:51 AM
ShadowFyre

That is interesting, but that still completely negates Matrix 3 unless I am missing something

Old Post Aug 27th, 2021 03:12 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I don't think it necessarily negates the other films. We're just not sure how they are resurrected... but that is of course the name of the movie!

If Keanu is in therapy, couldn't it also be called The Matrix Rehabilitations? laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 27th, 2021 11:39 AM