KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

I hate to be that guy but I don't see a problem in a recasting.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 06:29 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Tbh, I'd rather see Bucky take up the mantle in his "White Wolf" persona, considering how Cap screwed him over by giving Sam the shield. But obviously replacing the MCU's key black hero with a white guy would never happen.

The social/racial uproar that would cause...

It makes absolutely no sense for that to happen though. Why would Bucky, who only came to Wakanda to get fixed up as penance for T'Challa being a vengeful idiot who only saw red and didn't try to get actual answers at first, and to help out his new buddy Cap, suddenly become the King and protector of the entirety of Wakanda? And "white wolf" isn't a persona, it's just what the Wakandan's(mainly children) who didn't know who he was called him.

And Cap didn't screw Bucky over, as Bucky never wanted the highly publicized and government overseen life of Captain America. He just wanted to be left alone and help his friends if they needed it. Sam was the one who was basically Cap's protege.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 06:31 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by KingD19
It makes absolutely no sense for that to happen though. Why would Bucky, who only came to Wakanda to get fixed up as penance for T'Challa being a vengeful idiot who only saw red and didn't try to get actual answers at first, and to help out his new buddy Cap, suddenly become the King and protector of the entirety of Wakanda? And "white wolf" isn't a persona, it's just what the Wakandan's(mainly children) who didn't know who he was called him.
Bucky's time in Wakanda played a huge part in his reformation into a hero.

And I'm saying "White Wolf" could become his persona, because it was already set up(even T'Challa called him by that.)

Moreover, I'm not suggesting that Bucky becomes the King of Wakanda -- just that he fills the shoes of BP in the sense that he fights for the Wakandans and whatnot. He fills the hero/warrior role, while Shuri fills the King/scientist role.

I know it would never happen that way, though. Shuri *poofing* into the next BP is the obvious choice from Disney's POV.

And Cap didn't screw Bucky over, as Bucky never wanted the highly publicized and government overseen life of Captain America. He just wanted to be left alone and help his friends if they needed it. Sam was the one who was basically Cap's protege.
You don't have to become the public figurehead that Cap was, to inherit his shield.

Cap giving it to Sam instead of Bucky never sat well with me, but that's neither here nor there.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 06:50 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

They was talk a good few months back about making Shuri the next BP for Disney execs. Pass on that though.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 07:39 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I was thinking it was only logical to write his death into the film and have the mantle pass to Shuri. She's who takes over for him multiple times in the comics so it only makes sense.

Besides, as the OG Panther, no one can take his place. Its not like Ruffalo taking Hulk over from Norton or Cheadle getting War Machine from Terrence Howard after 1 movie. He was an amazing T'Challa for 4 movies. You cant just recast the guy who embodied the role. Thats like trying to get a new Harry Potter after Goblet of Fire.

thumb upthumb up

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 07:41 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

This news is just awful I just can’t believe he’s gone

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 07:48 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Chiwetel Ejifor would've been the logical choice to recast. Same age as Boseman and has real life martial arts ability. But he's already in Dr Strange.

The other possibility would've been Michael B Jordan...oops.

Hopefully they don't recast as we'd probably end up with John Boyega.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 08:06 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Mahershala Ali would have been decent as well but he's Blade.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 08:07 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Tbh, I'd rather see Bucky take up the mantle in his "White Wolf" persona, considering how Cap screwed him over by giving Sam the shield. But obviously replacing the MCU's key black hero with a white guy would never happen.

The social/racial uproar that would cause...

I guarantee you that won’t happen.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 09:04 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Oh it 100% won't happen.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 09:11 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

At the end of the day, given the existence of Shuri, it would be a bizarre move to recast the character.

I could understand if they were in the middle of shooting the sequel, but that isn't the case.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 09:51 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Yeah, as the last of the royal family and the canonical replacement for T'Challa, doing anything else just ignores the history of the character.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 09:53 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
This news is just awful I just can’t believe he’s gone

Yeah, I'm having some people over tonight for dinner and afterwards we've decided to get blitzed and rewatch Black Panther in his memory.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 09:56 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

In this day and age I am surprised he was able to keep his illness a secret.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 10:05 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I’d be very very surprised if T’Challa is recast.

I also don’t think they’ll necessarily kill the character. Maybe he’ll just hang up the mantle and retire or something, citing the events of Infinity War and Endgame as being too much for him to handle. We will likely see some CGI recreations of him in the future.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 10:14 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah, I'm having some people over tonight for dinner and afterwards we've decided to get blitzed and rewatch Black Panther in his memory.

I’m going to watch Civil War tonight. I liked him the most in that movie.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 10:36 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

We wanna see a lot of Wakanda

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 10:39 PM
NemeBro

You don't have to become the public figurehead that Cap was, to inherit his shield.

Cap giving it to Sam instead of Bucky never sat well with me, but that's neither here nor there.
Nah, giving it to Sam was the right move.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2020 01:15 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Impediment
I hate to be that guy but I don't see a problem in a recasting.
I'm not opposed to it because otherwise writing around Boseman's death is going to be a hassle and honestly very likely unsatisfying.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2020 01:18 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Oh it 100% won't happen.

Americans don't pay attention to that kinda stuff. Throw some sharpie on their actors pasty face and nobody will even be able to tell

Old Post Aug 30th, 2020 12:46 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote