KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ShadowFyre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
I hate to be that guy but I don't see a problem in a recasting.

Not at all.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2020 12:48 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro
Nah, giving it to Sam was the right move.

Is Sam gonna start calling himself Captain America?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2020 01:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Captain Falcon.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2020 02:54 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Nah, giving it to Sam was the right move.
It's probably just because I despise Sam as a character that I had a problem with it. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 30th, 2020 03:31 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Americans don't pay attention to that kinda stuff. Throw some sharpie on their actors pasty face and nobody will even be able to tell

Old Post Aug 30th, 2020 03:57 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
there was a rumor months ago saying michael b jordan might return.. now if that were to happen, i could see it

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 30th, 2020 06:54 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Surtur
Is Sam gonna start calling himself Captain America?

possibly as Captain America 4 has been rumored

Old Post Aug 30th, 2020 06:56 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Galan007
It's probably just because I despise Sam as a character that I had a problem with it. /shrug

It would have fit Bucky's arc more, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 31st, 2020 01:55 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Couple of racists here tbh

Old Post Aug 31st, 2020 01:55 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I think that Leonardo DiCaprio should be the next Black Panther.
Lulz Black Panther sux. Just an Afrocentric Mary Sue ripoff of Captain America. Honestly the whole MCU is done, imo. The ONLY MCU MOVIE that I want to see is Dr. Strange 2.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Aug 31st, 2020 02:49 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'd say there's more than a couple.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 31st, 2020 02:50 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by KingD19
I was thinking it was only logical to write his death into the film and have the mantle pass to Shuri. She's who takes over for him multiple times in the comics so it only makes sense.

Besides, as the OG Panther, no one can take his place. Its not like Ruffalo taking Hulk over from Norton or Cheadle getting War Machine from Terrence Howard after 1 movie. He was an amazing T'Challa for 4 movies. You cant just recast the guy who embodied the role. Thats like trying to get a new Harry Potter after Goblet of Fire.

Originally posted by BackFire
I agree with what has been said. I don’t think they should recast T’Challa. Shuri should become black panther. She was my favorite part of the original movie anyways.

And from the sound of some of the statements from Feige it doesn’t sound like he’s interested in recasting.

Shuri would be awesome as a Panther 2.0 of sorts. We already saw T'Challa beginning to open up to the outside world and modernization and outreach, so to see science heavy Shuri pick up the mantle and add her own flair would be amazing.

Good for you guys.

Originally posted by carthage
I’d bet money it’s going to Shuri

Originally posted by Insane Titan
They was talk a good few months back about making Shuri the next BP for Disney execs. Pass on that though.

Originally posted by Galan007
Shuri *poofing* into the next BP is the obvious choice from Disney's POV.

Yeah I absolutely detest Shuri. I find her annoying AF brat. I never thought I could hate any version of Shuri more than the comics version but I was wrong. I explicitly hate that they removed T'challa's scientific smarts to prop her up. Heck Dr Strange was already in, why.not have made her older and a mystic like her comics character?

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Aug 31st, 2020 02:55 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Where is the racism in this thread?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2020 01:59 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Speaking of racism tho, why couldn't they just do a Falcon movie?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2020 02:01 PM
John Murdoch

I was thinking it was only logical to write his death into the film and have the mantle pass to Shuri. She's who takes over for him multiple times in the comics so it only makes sense.

Besides, as the OG Panther, no one can take his place. Its not like Ruffalo taking Hulk over from Norton or Cheadle getting War Machine from Terrence Howard after 1 movie. He was an amazing T'Challa for 4 movies. You cant just recast the guy who embodied the role. Thats like trying to get a new Harry Potter after Goblet of Fire.

Agreed with this, Shuri is the obvious route I'd go. Boseman had possibly the greatest single performance in the MCU as T'Challa in Civil War, and he somehow was the best character by far in a movie that had Iron Man fighting Captain America and introduced Spider-Man into the MCU. His portrayal of Black Panther as a revenge-driven anti-hero then a strong, stoic, yet conflicted monarch is a cultural milestone, and I just don't see Feige and co. replacing him.

Have it be Shuri number one option, or another member of the Wakandan royal family or tribes.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2020 03:53 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I imagine they don't think he could carry his own movie.

That and the difficulty selling it to Asia (and China in particular).

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 31st, 2020 04:18 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

you'd prolly be the only one who wants it... im glad they've skipped a falcon film and have him as the next cap

Originally posted by -Pr-
I imagine they don't think he could carry his own movie.

That and the difficulty selling it to Asia (and China in particular).

yea its much easier for him to be cap for a potential cap 4

Old Post Aug 31st, 2020 07:15 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
you'd prolly be the only one who wants it... im glad they've skipped a falcon film and have him as the next cap

yea its much easier for him to be cap for a potential cap 4

I think its still gonna be a hard sell, but who knows? If they load it up with co-stars, make it more of a team movie, maybe it'll work.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 1st, 2020 03:32 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by -Pr-
I think its still gonna be a hard sell, but who knows? If they load it up with co-stars, make it more of a team movie, maybe it'll work.

That would make the most sense. Cap's closest friends and allies are helping Sam bear the weight of the mantle, while also helping him realize he doesn't have to be Cap's pound for pound replacement, he just has to do the name proud in his own way and that's enough.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2020 04:04 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That would make the most sense. Cap's closest friends and allies are helping Sam bear the weight of the mantle, while also helping him realize he doesn't have to be Cap's pound for pound replacement, he just has to do the name proud in his own way and that's enough.

Yeah, exactly. I am curious to see what they'll do with the series, even if I'm much more interested in WandaVision.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 1st, 2020 04:17 AM