KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Hawkeye (Disney +)

Hawkeye (Disney +)
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

DISNEY PLUS: Hawkeye

Hailee Steinfeld is in talks to portray Kate Bishop...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...-bishop-1238380

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 9th, 2019 08:40 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Was there some great need for a Hawkeye tv show?

Were people truly watching all these films and going "the guy with the bow? I'd like to see some more of him"?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2019 08:58 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^i was, but i’m a sucker for archer characters...yes

Old Post Sep 10th, 2019 01:52 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'll watch anything with Hawkeye in it; I had heard, though, that it was going to be set during the five years after the snap. I feel like you could do more with it taking place before the first Avengers movie, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 10th, 2019 05:04 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I like Hawkeye and will give this a watch. I mean, yeah, he's not exactly the most powerful character, but I don't really get why he receives so much hate.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2019 05:46 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't hate him and it has nothing to do with power, he's just boring.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2019 02:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I don't hate him and it has nothing to do with power, he's just boring.

Comment wasn't directed at you, personally. But Hawkeye is often the one who gets kicked by people in the media and various websites. And eh, I often personally like the more grounded, less flashy characters. It's one of the reasons I am also a big Daredevil fan. They can sometimes feel a lot more human and relatable than some of the bigger heroes.

But it's possibly going to be a darker show than a lot of the other planned Disney shows if the whole being set in the 5-year Snap period, where he was operating as Ronin, is true.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2019 06:33 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^thats been the only bit of news I haven’t been thrilled by.
I’d rather have a happy to be back w. his family-things are looking up-but still broken up about Black Widow Clint.
Ah, well!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2019 09:07 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
But it's possibly going to be a darker show than a lot of the other planned Disney shows if the whole being set in the 5-year Snap period, where he was operating as Ronin, is true.

That makes it sound more interesting.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2019 09:45 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

People have been pretty divided on that part, based on what I have seen across different sites, but I want to get some more concrete details first. IIRC, they're looking at Hailee Steinfeld as Kate Bishop.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2019 02:51 AM
riv6672

^^^Hailee Steinfeld can do no wrong, in my book. She’d be great as Kate, imo.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2019 09:49 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

vera farmiga and florence pugh join..

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...ts-vera-farmiga

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2020 09:08 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by -Pr-
I'll watch anything with Hawkeye in it; I had heard, though, that it was going to be set during the five years after the snap. I feel like you could do more with it taking place before the first Avengers movie, tbh.

I wonder if they'll show the point where he makes the decision to get his 1980s power metal band gay haircut.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2020 11:16 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Honestly the 1 thing I would be interested in is a show that focuses on Hawkeye during the time he was killing folk cuz his wife and kids got blinked out of existence. This period is known in history as "The Time Hawkeye Was Interesting".

No I don't wanna see him at a f*cking circus in the past, or whatever gay shit they have. No. I don't even know if this version was in a circus or whatever, but no.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2020 12:30 AM
Quincy
Debaser

Matt Fraction's Hawkeye run was one of the most critically acclaimed series to come out in a long time. With this being based on that, I'm incredibly excited.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 11th, 2020 02:56 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Quincy
Matt Fraction's Hawkeye run was one of the most critically acclaimed series to come out in a long time. With this being based on that, I'm incredibly excited.

yes it's based on his run

Old Post Dec 11th, 2020 08:07 PM
Superdad76
dad

this might be good i'm looking forward too it

Old Post Dec 17th, 2020 09:28 PM
Superdad76 is currently offline Click here to Send Superdad76 a Private Message Find more posts by Superdad76 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I have confidence in most anything Marvel Studios does. They got a better actor for Hawkeye in Jeremy Renner than they really needed, and he's been great in the part. If this really explores those dark years for him after the snap, I'm extra interested.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 24th, 2021 03:12 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

The initial info made it seem like this would be pretty dark, but it actually looks upbeat and over the top.

Also, Clint's face at 1:40... Just lol.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Sep 15th, 2021 at 06:33 AM

Old Post Sep 15th, 2021 06:30 AM