KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Current Superman vs Current Sentry

Current Superman vs Current Sentry
Started by: Super-fan1230

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tkitna

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Enzeru
Nah, you're completely right. More effort should be put into a proper portrayal for sure.
Although I disagree with the Sentry being in pain. The dialogue made it more look like they were just annoying the hell out of him and pushing him around. Wasp said that keeping him off-balance was good.

To me it was more of a "Ughh, stop bothering me, you idiots". He didn't really make noises, when he was being attacked by Thor. His fist collided with Mjolnir and he was emo-monologuing about his inner demons.
Also, the dialogue had made it clear that the Agents of Wakanda were fighting an uphill battle and that they were going to die, if they don't come up with a solution. So it's not all bad. That's probably why I'm chill about it.

I'll leave it alone here directly, but the whole thing is bothering me the more I think about it. So now we have a merged Sentry that isnt merged anymore. The ease at which Fat Cobra dispersed of the Void is troubling to say the least. Where was this guy during Siege and other storylines where the Void was a major threat. A couple of panels and the Void is handled. Seriously?

Also, please get rid of the red and black costume and the black hair. Hate it.

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 07:35 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Fat Cobra didn't eat the Void. Fat Cobra extracted and ate the tiny bit of Voids negative energy, which was messing with Sentrys mind. Sentry also stated that he is still trying to figure out how he functions now. He had a slip-up. The next time we see him (which will supposedly happen soon) he'll probably be in control.

These aren't my theories. This is what I saw in the comic and what was also confirmed by the writer on Twitter, when someone asked him about Sentry.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 07:57 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

thumb up
Merged Sentry still looks "merged".

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 08:00 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
thumb up
Merged Sentry still looks "merged".

Yeah, red suit, black hair and all... plus he wouldn't be saying he was still learning his new "self", if he suddenly got depowered.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 08:21 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Enzeru
Fat Cobra didn't eat the Void. Fat Cobra extracted and ate the tiny bit of Voids negative energy, which was messing with Sentrys mind. Sentry also stated that he is still trying to figure out how he functions now. He had a slip-up. The next time we see him (which will supposedly happen soon) he'll probably be in control.

These aren't my theories. This is what I saw in the comic and what was also confirmed by the writer on Twitter, when someone asked him about Sentry.
But what is the Void if not all the negative energy within Bob?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 08:54 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by Adam Grimes

Right. Isnt the Void all negative energy? It doesn't make much sense.

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 19th, 2019 01:53 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Originally posted by Adam Grimes

Sometimes I wish that there is one scene in the comics... one page... which completely explains the relationship between Bob, Sentry and Void in full detail. Instead Marvel keeps it incredibly ambiguous.
I personally like that, because it makes the character more interesting. But I can also only say that, because I've read every single Sentry appearance multiple times, tried to read between the lines, connect the dots and so on. If other people have not done the same, then they're left wondering: "What the actual **** is going on with this mess of a character?"

I also like to think, that Marvel has an in-house wikipedia about their characters for the writers. And I like to think that Sentrys wikipedia mentions a couple of specific things: reality warping, paranoid schizophrenia, split mind. Schizophrenia means "split mind". Sentry doesn't have multiple personalities, which so many readers seem to believe. Instead Marvel has straight up used the term "schizophrenia" and split him in half.

So in the end of the day Bob is a paranoid schizophrenic, who warps reality. The Void is the devil he imagines to see / to be. And he is unwillingly more specific about it by imagining the Void to be the complete opposite of him. If Sentry saves someone, Void kills someone. If Sentry is good, Void is bad. If Sentry is golden, Void is dark. If Sentry is positive, Void is negative.
And that's what we also saw in Agents of Wakanda. Some of that negative energy was affecting the Sentry. Fat Cobra extracted that small amount of negative energy and Sentry was okay again.

Could Fat Cobra extract the full Void and eat it? I highly doubt that. Not only because that would be an insane amount of negative energy, but also because in the end of the day he would still not heal the Sentrys split mind and the Void would keep returning. Schizophrenia can not be cured.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2019 06:04 AM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote