KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » General Grievous vs. Wonder Woman

General Grievous vs. Wonder Woman
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
SW blasters visibly appear much slower than bullets, and since they're bright colors and larger, they should be easier to block than a bullet which is nigh invisible when traveling.

Also, how was Grevious killed in ROTS? By a blaster.

You just sodomized your own talking points, you lose again. Diana wins this as shown with facts.

Grievous was much weaker by the time of ROTS. Also, he didn't have his lightsaber.

I am not debating that ROTS Grievous would win.

Is there any evidence to suggest that Grievous couldn't block a bullet?

Grievous reflexes and attack speeds are so fast that Obi Wan required to use pre-cog in order to stand toe to toe with him.

Diana's speed is impressive, but she isn't Superman nor Flash. She isn't speedblitzing anyone.

Diana better use her bracelets. Peak Grievous could defeat Diana in sword combat.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2019 06:09 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Grievous was much weaker by the time of ROTS. Also, he didn't have his lightsaber.

I am not debating that ROTS Grievous would win.

Is there any evidence to suggest that Grievous couldn't block a bullet?

Grievous reflexes and attack speeds are so fast that Obi Wan required to use pre-cog in order to stand toe to toe with him.

Diana's speed is impressive, but she isn't Superman nor Flash. She isn't speedblitzing anyone.

Diana better use her bracelets. Peak Grievous could defeat Diana in sword combat.

This is a distraction. Grievous had an Electrostaff in his hands, those are capable of blocking blaster fire. No so excuses there.

You kinda are.

You mean is their evidence Grievous could move as fast as Diana and reproduce her bullet-feat as shown in the gif? No, there is none, Grievous is fast, but not that fast.

Yet he's still not faster than Diana.

Diana literally speed-blitzs so save everyone is that scene I posted. Open your eyes.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 20th, 2019 06:18 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

You'd need the version of Grievous from the original non CGI clone wars cartoons. That's the most powerful version of Grievous.

Oh he still loses, but might as well send in the best Grievous.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2019 06:22 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

This is a distraction. Grievous had an Electrostaff in his hands, those are capable of blocking blaster fire. No so excuses there.

You kinda are.

You mean is their evidence Grievous could move as fast as Diana and reproduce her bullet-feat as shown in the gif? No, there is none, Grievous is fast, but not that fast.

Yet he's still not faster than Diana.

Diana literally speed-blitzs so save everyone is that scene I posted. Open your eyes.

I've never seen an electricstaff block blaster bolts.

Diana didn't speed blitz. She was just moving as fast as the guy was moving his arm to aim at the next target, which isn't really that fast considering he was looking to kill all hostages.

In fact, I haven't seen Diana speed blitz before. Having super reflexes doesn't make you super fast.

Diana is not a speedster.

We saw it perfectly clear in the No Man's Land scene from Wonder Woman, where she is constantly blocking bullets, but she isn't running superfast. The enemy soldiers are actually able to notice and aim her.

So in that manner, if enemy soldiers are able to tag her, then Grievous will for sure.

Diana's best option is to use her bracelets.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2019 09:28 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Grevous was garbage in the movie. He loses.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2019 09:32 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Double post

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Sep 20th, 2019 10:02 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

There is no canon info on how fast blaster bots travel, so a direct comparison with earthly bullets isn't factible.

I do believe that a blaster bolt is slower than a standard bullet.

However, we've seen Grievous block blasters from multiple opponents without issue.

Also, Diana blocking bullets doesn't make her as fast as bullets. Diana isn't a speedster.

Blasters are about 100mph.
Diana has blocked machine gun fire and also bullets from 3-5 ft away. It's impossible to do this without being a speedster.

In the machine gun feat. She reacted after the fire. That means she moved to block the bullets AFTER they were fired.

Originally posted by KingD19
Actually you're completely wrong. In the Swverse "slugthrowers" are guns. And force users have trouble with them because they shoot tiny, invisible bullets that are faster than a blaster bolt. It's not a laser. It's an energy bolt shot by gas.

I'm wrong?
You know the only statement I made was Diana blocked bullets from 3-5 ft away. Are you saying this is wrong?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Sep 20th, 2019 10:03 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Surely those bullets she blocked were traveling at the same speed that a major league baseball pitcher can throw at. 100 mph.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2019 10:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Did Grievous actually block blaster bolts in the series?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2019 10:22 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by h1a8
Diana has blocked machine gun fire and also bullets from 3-5 ft away. It's impossible to do this without being a speedster.

In the machine gun feat. She reacted after the fire. That means she moved to block the bullets AFTER they were fired.

I'm wrong?
You know the only statement I made was Diana blocked bullets from 3-5 ft away. Are you saying this is wrong?

No she didn't. She moved prior to the bullets being shot.

WW hasn't speedblitzed anyone.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2019 10:43 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by h1a8

I'm wrong?

I was talking about Josh.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2019 11:09 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Actually you're completely wrong. In the Swverse "slugthrowers" are guns. And force users have trouble with them because they shoot tiny, invisible bullets that are faster than a blaster bolt. It's not a laser. It's an energy bolt shot by gas.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Slugthrower

quote:
Slugthrowers were surprisingly useful against lightsabers, as when a slug made contact with a blade, it simply melted instead of being deflected like a blaster bolt.

This suggests that Jedi can intercept bullets.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2019 11:28 PM
KingD19

I didnt say they couldn't block slug rounds. I said it's much harder than blocking blasters because slugthrowers shoot faster, bullets are smaller, invisible and go faster.

And they definitely have troubles with shotguns.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2019 11:44 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I didnt say they couldn't block slug rounds. I said it's much harder than blocking blasters because slugthrowers shoot faster, bullets are smaller, invisible and go faster.

And they definitely have troubles with shotguns.

Agree.

I honestly believe that it would be harder for a Jedi to block earthly rounds, but I don't think they would be startled by these.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2019 11:45 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I've never seen an electricstaff block blaster bolts.

Diana didn't speed blitz. She was just moving as fast as the guy was moving his arm to aim at the next target, which isn't really that fast considering he was looking to kill all hostages.

In fact, I haven't seen Diana speed blitz before. Having super reflexes doesn't make you super fast.

Diana is not a speedster.

We saw it perfectly clear in the No Man's Land scene from Wonder Woman, where she is constantly blocking bullets, but she isn't running superfast. The enemy soldiers are actually able to notice and aim her.

So in that manner, if enemy soldiers are able to tag her, then Grievous will for sure.

Diana's best option is to use her bracelets.

An Electrostaff can block lightsabers, but you think they can't block blaster bolts now? Really? Regardless, Grevious didn't even have the chance to try because the blaster bolt was too fast for him.

Incorrect. Diana reacted to save the people after the attacker fired his machine-gun, that's a speed-blitz and she continued to speed-blitz all the way protecting all the hostages.

She absolutely is, here's the proof again:

(please log in to view the image)

Your low-balling of Diana and ignoring screen feats won't change that, she utterly wrecks Grevious with or without weapons.

Every point you brought up was taken apart since your first; you're done here Josh.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Sep 20th, 2019 at 11:57 PM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2019 11:55 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

An Electrostaff can block lightsabers, but you think they can't block blaster bolts now? Really? Regardless, Grevious didn't even have the chance to try because the blaster bolt was too fast for him.

Incorrect. Diana reacted to save the people after the attacker fired his machine-gun, that's a speed-blitz and she continued to speed-blitz all the way protecting all the hostages.

She absolutely is, here's the proof again:

(please log in to view the image)

Your low-balling of Diana and ignoring screen feats won't change that, she utterly wrecks Grevious with or without weapons.

Every point you brought up was taken apart since your first; you're done here Josh.

Read carefully next time Robtard, there is a difference in being able and being fit for a job. Blocking a blaster bolt with a electrostaff is possible, doesn't mean it isn't much harder than with a normal lightsaber.

Your gif is tricky. The clip actually shows Diana anticipating the bullet's trajectory.

The guy's arm is moving in relation to Diana's body movement. She is moving fast, but she isn't a speedster.

Unless you can prove that Grievous will be frozen to Diana, which you haven't, since Diana has never frozen anybody, my points are intact.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2019 12:08 AM
KingD19

She is absolutely a speedster. Aside from the bank scene that clearly shows her moving fast enough to move normal humans out of the way of an assault rifle bullet from like 3 feet away. There's the Steve Trevor scene where he dies and she finally stops holding back because she's so angry.

Skip to 2:20.

Also in Rob's clip, she's not anticipating trajectory. She's literally watching the bullets and blocking or dodging them at the last second while running along the path he's firing to keep the hostages safe.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2019 01:41 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

She is absolutely a speedster. Aside from the bank scene that clearly shows her moving fast enough to move normal humans out of the way of an assault rifle bullet from like 3 feet away. There's the Steve Trevor scene where he dies and she finally stops holding back because she's so angry.

Skip to 2:20.

Also in Rob's clip, she's not anticipating trajectory. She's literally watching the bullets and blocking or dodging them at the last second while running along the path he's firing to keep the hostages safe.

Okay, it's all matter of what your definition of speedster is.

If you define speedster as anything that is just faster than the parameter (in this case humans) then you are right.

However, I find that the definition of speedster under science fiction is anyone/anything that can render static an oponent or parameter.

If you check the clip you posted, the guys aren't static in the normal time in relation to Diana.

In the slow motion scenes, Diana is moving slow along with the background. In the fast scenes, Diana is moving faster than the humans, but these are "also moving" and not statues.

So, in other words, Diana is just moving faster than the humans are, but no as signficantly as to render them motionlessn, unlike beings like Flash or Superman could.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2019 01:58 AM
CaveDude33211

Jedi don't have trouble with slugthrowers because they shoot "tiny, invisible bullets" - Jedi can sense small physical objects through the Force easily - and slugthrower bullets aren't faster than a blaster bolt - blaster bolts are beams of light and move as such.

The only reason Jedi have trouble with bullets, is because bullets carry actual weight - whereas a blaster-bolt is weightless and bounces off a lightsaber's blade.

A bullet is propelled kinetically and carries inertia into the blade - multiply that hundreds of times (machine gun), and it could potentially shoot a Jedi's lightsaber out of his hands.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2019 07:55 AM
CaveDude33211 is currently offline Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Blaster bolts are not beams of light bud. They're compressed energy bolts shot out by tibanna gas. Do you Star Wars?

Last edited by KingD19 on Sep 21st, 2019 at 12:47 PM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2019 12:33 PM