KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » General Grievous vs. Wonder Woman

General Grievous vs. Wonder Woman
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Also a slugthrower was dangerous because not only did it shoot tiny rounds at much higher velocities than blasters bolts. But the slugs would melt when they hit the blade and shrapnel could splash past a force users guard. Plus there were scatterguns and blocking a shotgun spread would be nearly impossible.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2019 12:53 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Blaster bolts are not beams of light bud. They're compressed energy bolts shot out by tibanna gas. Do you Star Wars?

Yeah, they are still beams of light, bud.

I Star Wars. Do you Star Wars? smile

Also a slugthrower was dangerous because not only did it shoot tiny rounds at much higher velocities than blasters bolts.

(please log in to view the image)

It was true that it had been developed originally as a response to blasterfire and other projectile weapons, but over the centuries it had developed into much more. "Of all the seven forms," her Master had told her, "Form Three, with its emphasis on anticipating and blocking lightspeed energy blasts, requires the greatest connection to the Force. The road is long, but it is worth the journey, for a true master of Form Three is invincible."

- Medstar 2: Jedi Healer

Old Post Sep 21st, 2019 02:45 PM
CaveDude33211 is currently offline Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

The fact that we’re debating that Diana loses is ridiculous.

What’s next, Doomsday vs Dooku?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2019 02:51 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ we finally agree on something.

Clearly Josh is on something and is an ignorant SW fanboi. Diana wins with EASE. Anyone arguing otherwise is just blatantly trolling.

Josh is reported.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2019 04:30 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Read carefully next time Robtard, there is a difference in being able and being fit for a job. Blocking a blaster bolt with a electrostaff is possible, doesn't mean it isn't much harder than with a normal lightsaber.

Your gif is tricky. The clip actually shows Diana anticipating the bullet's trajectory.

The guy's arm is moving in relation to Diana's body movement. She is moving fast, but she isn't a speedster.

Unless you can prove that Grievous will be frozen to Diana, which you haven't, since Diana has never frozen anybody, my points are intact.

You didn't counter a single thing I said, all you're doing is forever ignoring that whatever point you had was countered and moving the goal.

eg How I have to prove that "Grevious will be frozen to Diana", which isn't something I ever claimed.

My claim was that she's far faster than Grevious and can destroy him with a hit (or two). Both of those are true and shown in the gifs. You lose again, Josh.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2019 06:30 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Robtard
You didn't counter a single thing I said, all you're doing is forever ignoring that whatever point you had was countered and moving the goal.

eg How I have to prove that "Grevious will be frozen to Diana", which isn't something I ever claimed.

My claim was that she's far faster than Grevious and can destroy him with a hit (or two). Both of those are true and shown in the gifs. You lose again, Josh.

If being faster is all it takes to win a battle, then Flash should have been able to defeat Steppenwolf on his own!

Oh Rob, you seem oblivious of your own fallacies.

Diana has no sword combat feats, dispite how much you like how her medieval suit fits her body, she doesn't have what it takes to face grievous in a sword fight.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 12:11 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

If being faster is all it takes to win a battle, then Flash should have been able to defeat Steppenwolf on his own!

Diana has no sword combat feats, dispite how much you like how her medieval suit fits her body, she doesn't have what it takes to face grievous in a sword fight.

Your joking right?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 12:27 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by SquallX
Your joking right?

What sword combat feats does Diana has to contest Grievous!?

She is fast, but there is nothing to suggest that she can safely contest a 4 arm sword master like Grievous.

All Grievous needs is to strike her with his saber once!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 02:06 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Not what I said and Flash wasn't physically capable of harming Steppenwolf despite his speed(he was also a stumbling fool), while Wonder Wonder is capable of one-shotting GG.

^So you strawmanned me and used a faulty comparison in the same sentence. Talk about fallacies.

"Diana has no sword combat feats" <--- 100% incorrect. She fought and sliced up Doomsday with her sword in BvS. Watch the film as proof. . You lose again, Josh.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 04:45 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I guess it's a good thing Diana is also strong enough to kill Grievous in one punch. She doesn't need her sword.

And her outfit isn't medieval you ignorant moron.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 06:30 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Not what I said and Flash wasn't physically capable of harming Steppenwolf despite his speed(he was also a stumbling fool), while Wonder Wonder is capable of one-shotting GG.

^So you strawmanned me and used a faulty comparison in the same sentence. Talk about fallacies.

"Diana has no sword combat feats" <--- 100% incorrect. She fought and sliced up Doomsday with her sword in BvS. Watch the film as proof. . You lose again, Josh.

Grievous is also capable of one shotting, oh boy, you have no idea.

WOW! Doomsday is such a great indicator of sword combat abilities!! OMG! I guess anyone who has been able to hit the Hulk are incredible fighters!

Is that all you have?

Originally posted by NemeBro
I guess it's a good thing Diana is also strong enough to kill Grievous in one punch. She doesn't need her sword.

And her outfit isn't medieval you ignorant moron.

I agree. But I bet Grievous slices her in half before she can even reach him.

Your over love for DC has always been a known arround here.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2019 04:34 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Grievous is also capable of one shotting, oh boy, you have no idea.

WOW! Doomsday is such a great indicator of sword combat abilities!! OMG! I guess anyone who has been able to hit the Hulk are incredible fighters!

Is that all you have?

So?

Now you're changing what you initially claimed because you were wrong and embarrassed yourself over it.

Wonder Woman is a Amazonian warrior-goddess raised in a combat-orientated society and trained with sword, spear and shield. Seriously, you should pay attention when watching movies.

edit: She's also around 5,000 years old; that's a lot of training, Josh.

Last edited by Robtard on Sep 25th, 2019 at 10:00 PM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2019 09:48 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

So?

Now you're changing what you initially claimed because you were wrong and embarrassed yourself over it.

Wonder Woman is a Amazonian warrior-goddess raised in a combat-orientated society and trained with sword, spear and shield. Seriously, you should pay attention when watching movies.

edit: She's also around 5,000 years old; that's a lot of training, Josh.

Not changing anything, just pointing at the fact that Diana will require more than just speed to defeat Grievous in a sword-sword combat.

More fallacies/ A statement without combat feats is useless. Diana has 0 impressive sword abilities.

Statements are useless without feats to back them up.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2019 11:55 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

What skills does Grievous show in the movie? He gets almost all of his arms chopped off by Obi-Wan almost immediately.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2019 11:58 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

What skills does Grievous show in the movie? He gets almost all of his arms chopped off by Obi-Wan almost immediately.

I am debating the 2nd round of this thread, not the 1st. I think movie Grievous was too weak, and he has too little feats for me to feel comfortable to back him.

On another note, it's worth mentioning that Obi Wan was able to defeat Grievous because A.) This was significantly weaker by the time B.) Obi Wan used Pre Cognition, which is basically being able to see into the future and predict upcoming attacks prior to these being launched.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 12:20 AM
h1a8

Not changing anything, just pointing at the fact that Diana will require more than just speed to defeat Grievous in a sword-sword combat.

More fallacies/ A statement without combat feats is useless. Diana has 0 impressive sword abilities.

Statements are useless without feats to back them up.

If someone is statued or nearly statued then it takes 0 skill to beat them in a sword fight.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 12:43 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Diana wins. Star Wars is overrated power wise and tech wise.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 12:49 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by h1a8
If someone is statued or nearly statued then it takes 0 skill to beat them in a sword fight.

Diana has never speedblitzed anyone!

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 12:52 AM
steverules_2

which is basically being able to see into the future

Could he help me pick out the winning lotto numbers?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 01:25 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by steverules_2
Could he help me pick out the winning lotto numbers?

quote:
The ability of foresight was perhaps universal to the Jedi or Force-sensitives and was manifested in the form of Force visions of future events, guiding premonitions or warnings, and an inflow of prescience that helped the Jedi predict their opponent's movements.

Not according to that.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 01:32 AM