KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Jordan Peterson Checks Himself Into Rehab

Jordan Peterson Checks Himself Into Rehab
Started by: ArtificialGlory

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Cause he failed to slay the dragon of chaos in his life. He tried to clean his room, but found instead a bunch of Klonopin bottles and banged them all down.

We are only human

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 05:38 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Surtur
Lol that goes both ways.

No, it does not. Conservatives have compassion only for other conservatives, whereas progressives have compassion for everyone who is not cruel.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 05:47 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
No, it does not. Conservatives have compassion only for other conservatives, whereas progressives have compassion for everyone who is not cruel.

Except you tend to define "Everyone who is not cruel" as "everyone who doesn't oppose my agenda"

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 06:28 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Except you tend to define "Everyone who is not cruel" as "everyone who doesn't oppose my agenda"

No, I define cruelty as cruelty. For example, exploiting anti-transgender animus for profit is cruel. I would not have any compassion for the misfortune of a such a person.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 07:07 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

That’s ****ing bullshit and you know it.

Where’s the compassion from the left when you oppose any of their ideas, they go straight for your jugular huh?

How many conservatives goes around calling people all kind of names? Or committing mass violence?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 07:14 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Are we back to pretending conservatives are spotless. Cute.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Sep 26th, 2019 at 07:47 PM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 07:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was at the store the other day with my gf. After we ordered and got our food we sat down. A lady walked in wearing a save the planet shirt with something about PETA on it. She’s standing 10-15 feet away from the register while someone else was ordering. Not long after that a man walks in and walks past her to the register to order. She rebuffs and says “hey I’m in line”. He says “ok” and walks to stand behind her. She says “don’t stand to close to me, you stink” the guy askes her why she’s being so rude, then starts mumbling. They go back and forth for a while and I even ask the lady why’s she’s being so rude. She ignores and gets her sugary drink off to the side.

The guy and I start talking about the incident basically right in front of her. I said she was being rude and awful. She goes back to get her food and leaves. He says to her “I bet you voted for Trump.”

In reality she was some virtue signaling spinster. She was white, the man was Mexican. Before we left I said to him “I voted for Trump, don’t believe everything you hear.” His body language changed immediately and said “hey good point and thanked me.”

The guy obviously voted for Hillary or just didn’t like Trump for xyz. Your premise is wrong that all conservators care about is each other is not true.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 08:10 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
We are only human

Fair enough.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 08:30 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, it goes both ways.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 08:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

We are only human
Yes, we are and shit happens. Nobody really has a plan when the world punches you in the face. We all do the best we can, which would have been a truer more honest philosophy for Jordan to expound, but made him a lot less money. Nobody normal likes to see anybody in rehab, and watching someone you love die is always hell. I wish him well and hope he recovers. I also hope he understands the world is more complex and no easy answers exist often.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 09:01 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The guys wife has been struggling bad, why is everyone jumping on him to get help to get off clonopin?

Not sure, it seems pointing out some sick folk were celebrating this triggered people. Everything was 100% on topic until "but Hillary" had to be injected into it. Because anything that makes progressives look remotely bad needs to be immediately countered, the NPC's are programmed that way.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 09:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
sick folk were celebrating

*Still needs citation*

*still virtue signaling*

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 09:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

To be honest this is little different to Nietsches' breakdown over the beaten horse. Both, although Petersons experience is far worse in my opinion are things that would upset anyone normal and under the right crcumstances seriously damage the psyche. People are far simpler emotionally than philosphies and the world is a very much harder more complex world for people who try to never bend, sometimes we all have to roll with a punch or two. It's not hypocrisy on Peterson's part because until you taste real shit you can't imagine how nasty it is. He now I suspect gets it.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 09:23 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean we're already seeing shit like this:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 09:28 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

@pb1

"It's not hypocrisy on Peterson's part because until you taste real shit you can't imagine how nasty it is." -pb1

"He now I suspect gets it." -pb1

Partly agree there, but a bit of humility along the way, goes a long way.

I'm skeptical, but hopefully .

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 09:31 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wait, folk were trying to say this shows hypocrisy? Sad.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 09:34 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
@pb1

"It's not hypocrisy on Peterson's part because until you taste real shit you can't imagine how nasty it is." -pb1

"He now I suspect gets it." -pb1

Partly agree there, but a bit of humility along the way, goes a long way.

I'm skeptical, but hopefully .
We all think nothing can touch us until we lose something that really matters, be it a partner, kid, the ability to walk, our liberty. Jordan lived in a very rareified world, reality can become a game when you are lucky and it brings you crashing down harder when things go wrong. Humility is reserved for those of us who have learnt or been taught it by life. Like Broly said, and on this Rob I agree, "we are only human", however it takes adversity to realise it. No easy answers exist.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 09:39 PM
snowdragon

Originally posted by Putinbot1
We all think nothing can touch us until we lose something that really matters, be it a partner, kid, the ability to walk, our liberty. Jordan lived in a very rareified world, reality can become a game when you are lucky and it brings you crashing down harder when things go wrong. Humility is reserved for those of us who have learnt or been taught it by life. Like Broly said, and on this Rob I agree, "we are only human", however it takes adversity to realise it. No easy answers exist.

Someone in the past had a discussion about JP and there was a video of him on Joe Rogan discussing how he (JP) hadn't eaten or slept something weird for "literally" 30 days. He was showing signs of drug use back then (the symptoms were easy to see.)

Not many people like to watch someone spiral, especially in their "off" moments. Best of luck to JP and anyone else that has an addiction problem.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 10:05 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by snowdragon
Someone in the past had a discussion about JP and there was a video of him on Joe Rogan discussing how he (JP) hadn't eaten or slept something weird for "literally" 30 days. He was showing signs of drug use back then (the symptoms were easy to see.)

Not many people like to watch someone spiral, especially in their "off" moments. Best of luck to JP and anyone else that has an addiction problem.

30 goddamn days? Must have been the most epic amphetamine bender in Canadian history.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 10:48 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

It's a shame that a guy who dedicates a significant part of his life to helping young men become more emotionally resilient struggles with it himself. Mental illness can affect anyone and I wish him well in his recovery. His wife too.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 10:50 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote