KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Jordan Peterson Checks Himself Into Rehab

Jordan Peterson Checks Himself Into Rehab
Started by: ArtificialGlory

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

How god damn dare u

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 10:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Joe Rogan on his podcast talked about how Peterson is one of the most misrepresented public figures. It seems to be the case. I don't agree with some of his views, but i'm yet to hear him say anything that makes him an evil facist he is constantly painted as. His debate with Dyson was the most painful to listen to. Like listening to two highschoolers one of whom is trying to give rational arguments while the other one's pointing finger and calling him names.
To people who say he tries to cash in on others misfortune I wanna ask how? He became famous by standing up for an idea and at the time he had nothing to gain from it but risked losing everything. Now people want to come and listen to his lectures. Most of which have nothing to do with politics. Why wouldn't he do that for a living?

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Last edited by SamZED on Sep 27th, 2019 at 06:14 AM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 06:11 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
It's a shame that a guy who dedicates a significant part of his life to helping young men become more emotionally resilient struggles with it himself. Mental illness can affect anyone and I wish him well in his recovery. His wife too.
I wonder if his rules were how he was "keeping himself" able to function, having already had a brush with losing the plot. Makes sense, but the inability to bend or acknowledge the effects of deep emotion, which no one can plan for, seem to have been a weakness in his plan, as these things are for everyone. I agree with you and Snowdragon on all counts mate.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 07:20 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
No, I define cruelty as cruelty. For example, exploiting anti-transgender animus for profit is cruel. I would not have any compassion for the misfortune of a such a person.
No doubt this is reprehensible from him. No one should sell bigotry.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 07:21 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

There is a profound sadness to me that young men so badly need a brusque father figure with feet of clay like Peterson. His strange obsessions with gender and neo marxists professors aside, he has been a moderate force for the most part to disenfranchised young men of the internet.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 08:31 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Putinbot1

Good thing JP doesn't sell bigotry.

There is a profound sadness to me that young men so badly need a brusque father figure with feet of clay like Peterson. His strange obsessions with gender and neo marxists professors aside, he has been a moderate force for the most part to disenfranchised young men of the internet.

^Legit laughed out loud over this. Great satire thumb up

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 09:55 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 10:24 AM
snowdragon

It seems to me, that he was in part adding discipline to a group of individuals lost to internet gaming/youtube. The only reason I know about the guy is how he spoke to free speech and gender pronouns which is what gathered his fame.

The internet is a ubiquitous force that isn't focused on good or bad but obviously allows a gigantic platform and it allows a lot of influence to pop up rapidly.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 11:58 AM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon
It seems to me, that he was in part adding discipline to a group of individuals lost to internet gaming/youtube. The only reason I know about the guy is how he spoke to free speech and gender pronouns which is what gathered his fame.

The internet is a ubiquitous force that isn't focused on good or bad but obviously allows a gigantic platform and it allows a lot of influence to pop up rapidly.
No, I don't disagree, my sadness is they didn't or couldn't divine the world for themselves. Although it seems Jordan's understanding was relatively superficial also.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 12:00 PM
snowdragon

No, I don't disagree, my sadness is they didn't or couldn't divine the world for themselves. Although it seems Jordan's understanding was relatively superficial also.

I agree, in part, the internet creates its own world that is separate from the communities that we live in. This is the issue for our generation to attempt to reconcile aside from our cleaning up our planet.

It would be amazing if someone with the resources/brains/direction would push an agenda that focuses on community wellness and global awareness without being dicks stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 12:11 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon
I agree, in part, the internet creates its own world that is separate from the communities that we live in. This is the issue for our generation to attempt to reconcile aside from our cleaning up our planet.

It would be amazing if someone with the resources/brains/direction would push an agenda that focuses on community wellness and global awareness without being dicks stick out tongue
again, I agree totally. Resilience isn't easy, we all have times in our lives when we feel lost and broken, sometimes we are and we just have to push on. The truth is Jordan gave these kids a framework that to a point will work. It won't work when something truly serious happens, nothing does. It's then people have to find their own way, often with the help of friends, the authorities, whatever help is available. Jordan even in this sense is luckier than most he is a wealthy, highly educated man. As Tyson said, "everyone has a plan", life just has a way of giving people a cheap shot from nowhere, which can easily become brutal ground and pound. No rules will help your life then, just resilience and someone helping restrain life from beating you down.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 12:26 PM
snowdragon

again, I agree totally. Resilience isn't easy, we all have times in our lives when we feel lost and broken, sometimes we are and we just have to push on. The truth is Jordan gave these kids a framework that to a point will work. It won't work when something truly serious happens, nothing does. It's then people have to find their own way, often with the help of friends, the authorities, whatever help is available. Jordan even in this sense is luckier than most he is a wealthy, highly educated man. As Tyson said, "everyone has a plan", life just has a way of giving people a cheap shot from nowhere, which can easily become brutal ground and pound. No rules will help your life then, just resilience and someone helping restrain life from beating you down.

I believe that was his point, provide an opportunity to identify a certain attitude then you need a support network to allow its growth.

Now if we utilized that belief system and injected it into say more impoverished areas with money we would have a new "religion" to handle in addition to providing to some really needy individuals.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 12:37 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is that really what he was doing, though?

Was JP advocating any sort of violence or action against transgender people?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 12:42 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Surtur
I mean we're already seeing shit like this:

(please log in to view the image)

I have (or had?) similar memes about Courtney Love and Charlie Sheen.

Sorry, man, drug abuse is drug abuse. If you do something stupid, expect to get made fun of.

I make fun of myself for divorcing. World needs less snowflakes.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 12:49 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon

Sorry, man, drug abuse is drug abuse. If you do something stupid, expect to get made fun of.

I wear both my divorces as a badge of pride, few things last forever. Drugs, one mans drug abuse is another mans Saturday night DDM. I used to love Coke and probably would still abuse the **** out of it if I didn't want to live to see my granddaughter have grand kids and see my third family grow up. I dislike many things about JP, but I can forgive him a great deal because he is at least someone who lives life.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 01:25 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Simpsons made a really good point, in the episode about Marge and Homer helping out an old cowboy:

"Both my kids are grown, and had their kids. I made my fortune and retired. Why shouldn't I be able to do whatever I want?"

The law makes no distinction, of course. Even if it really should, since laws exist for a reason (The effect on society! Fatherless kids! Not wanting to work!)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 01:30 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

To be honest there were people on twitter celebrating too, but I'm too lazy to go try to find them all again.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 01:31 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Would believe anything about toxic twitter.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 01:39 PM
dadudemon

I wear both my divorces as a badge of pride, few things last forever. Drugs, one mans drug abuse is another mans Saturday night DDM. I used to love Coke and probably would still abuse the **** out of it if I didn't want to live to see my granddaughter have grand kids and see my third family grow up. I dislike many things about JP, but I can forgive him a great deal because he is at least someone who lives life.

Nice! thumb up

Despite you being a giant wanker sometimes, you're deep down (in your butthole, most likely) a softy.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 03:33 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nice! thumb up

Despite you being a giant wanker sometimes, you're deep down (in your butthole, most likely) a softy.
nothing soft about my butthole I do exercises to keep it tight. That said I am always amazed when I pass a shit as big as a baby's arm and yes that kind of contraction and relaxation is no doubt a definite example of release being pleasure from pain. 😊

Old Post Sep 27th, 2019 03:56 PM