KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » "Getting too political" is a silly double standard

"Getting too political" is a silly double standard
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pooty and wittle robbie sucking each other off, as usual. laughing out loud

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2019 07:46 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Pooty and wittle robbie sucking each other off, as usual. laughing out loud
shush little one, back in your box.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2019 07:47 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

His man juice taste good, pooty? laughing out loud

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2019 07:50 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

See, the problem isn't getting political. Captain America punching out Adolf Hitler in the funny pages was political.

The trouble is, everything these days is nothing but. Mud slinging and virtue signaling is out of hand, all across the media spectrum. Marketers don't seem to know how to push something, unless they're pushing somebodies buttons.

That's why I prefer manga to a lot of western offerings, because I can sit back and enjoy the story of a kid made of rubber traveling the world to become the pirate king, without seeing some reminder of the ever persistent "You should he mad" be.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2019 08:12 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

"Captain America punching out Adolf Hitler in the funny pages..."

If that happened today, Trumpers would throw a hissy fit.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2019 08:16 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

First of all, CA is a fictional character. Secondly, if he were real, he would not be on your side robbie I promise you because it is your side that is acting like actual nazis. Finally, it is you idiots on the left that seem to be obsessed with that genocidal maniac Hitler, not us conservatives.

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Sep 23rd, 2019 at 08:30 PM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2019 08:23 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Taking a knee is no less political than playing the national anthem. If you think the former is too political, than you should hold the same view of the latter.

The national anthem wasn't meant to piss people off and taking a knee eventually just became a way to piss people off. Faulty comparison, try again.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2019 08:32 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
The national anthem wasn't meant to piss people off and taking a knee eventually just became a way to piss people off. Faulty comparison, try again.

thumb up

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2019 08:33 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
First of all, CA is a fictional character. Secondly, if he were real, he would not be on your side robbie I promise you because it is your side that is acting like actual nazis. Finally, it is you idiots on the left that seem to be obsessed with that genocidal maniac Hitler, not us conservatives.

Just ignore Rob he's trolling when he brings up Captain America. He knows Cap would slap the shit out of any Antifa dweeb.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2019 08:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just ignore Rob he's trolling when he brings up Captain America. He knows Cap would slap the shit out of any Antifa dweeb.

Yeah, I realized he was just trolling.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2019 08:35 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Just commenting on the obvious fact that he's not gonna get anywhere here because the person he's talking to has told me before that he thinks patriotism is retarded.

But really I agree because the national anthem and football used to not be a polarizing thing. The national anthem prior to the takeaknee thing was a unifying symbol for the country, and football (despite me not being a fan) was one of the places of American life not infested with back and forth political partisanship. The Kaepernick introduced political partisanship into the equation.

Though to be fair, Trump is also partly responsible for exacerbating it. If you looked at polling, before he weighed in on the issue, an overwhelming majority of Americans simultaneously held the position that Kaepernick's kneeling was not something they approved of but that they believed he should be allowed to kneel. After Trump weighed in on the issue, if you look at polling, quite a few left-wingers reflexively kneejerked and started believing Kaepernick kneeling for the anthem was a good thing whereas they merely believed he should be allowed to do it while personally disagreeing with the action. Likewise after Trump's comment quite a few right-wingers reflexively rallied behind Trump's position and took the stance that Kaepernick shouldn't be allowed to kneel whereas previously they disagreed with him kneeling on a moral level but still believed he should be allowed to kneel.

See that is the thing, notice how the number of players taking a knee rose DRAMATICALLY after Trump got involved? This shows they gave two shits about black on black crime or whatever. They just wanted to piss Trump off. Should Trump have weighed in? Nah, but he exposed the true colors of a lot of people by doing so. This was never really about police brutality, etc. It was some edgelord type shit.

And if Colin Kaepernick cared so much about injustice and abuse he wouldn't have signed with Nike. Unless he just cares *only* about black lives. Kids in sweatshops? Meh, he gots ta get paid. He was poor before Nike came to him.

And of course in the off season all these kneeling players used the publicity they gained to help promote the issue they were kneeling over.

Lol, just kidding.

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 23rd, 2019 at 08:40 PM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2019 08:36 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

eThneoLgrRnae is actually my sock account.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2019 09:42 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Starfly gets so worked up. How cute.

Ongoing conversation aside, I’ve always felt that a limited dose of patriotism is justifiable, but at a certain point it becomes toxic and poisonous. It’s the equivalent to blind fervor for a football team. Funny how those two parallels intersect quite often.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 02:58 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Eon Blue
Starfly gets so worked up. How cute.

Ongoing conversation aside, I’ve always felt that a limited dose of patriotism is justifiable, but at a certain point it becomes toxic and poisonous. It’s the equivalent to blind fervor for a football team. Funny how those two parallels intersect quite often.

My issue is they did nothing with it. They knelt, got all this press over it...cried about police brutality...and what? What did they do with it? Throw some cash at some charities? That's easy to do when you're wealthy.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 06:01 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

@Eon: your idiotic insistance that I'm Fly, or Star, or even both somehow (LOL) aside, yeah, I'm a very patriotic person who served his country honorably in the military. When anti-USA pieces of shit disrespect our flag and anthem then yes, it upsets me.

I don't expect you to understand considering you have literally zero pride in your own country.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 06:23 PM
NemeBro

What do you think they should have done with it?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 06:24 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro
What do you think they should have done with it?

I don't know, maybe instead of just throwing cash at something they could participate in programs meant to help the police connect with those in the neighborhoods they patrol. I know these already exist, why not lend their celebrity to it?

How many of them have sat down and hat an actual conversation with a police officer? Especially one who works a tough neighborhood? Maybe start there.

Or just whine on tv. Either or.

Wait, who am I kidding? I don't need to give you any solution, I just gotta shout "do something". That's good enough thumb up

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 06:26 PM
Silent Master

I haven't heard anything about his anti-police burtality charity work lately. what has he been doing to help the cause he seemed to care so much about?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 06:31 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well Colin did donate 25k to an activist group honoring Assata Shakur, who was convicted of aiding and abetting in the murder of a state trooper, who now lives in Cuba cuz she fled there.

Yup, Tupac's aunt I think.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 06:32 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

My issue is they did nothing with it. They knelt, got all this press over it...cried about police brutality...and what? What did they do with it? Throw some cash at some charities? That's easy to do when you're wealthy.

Not to mention the corrupt nature of many charity organization's, the same as non profit's.

They're excellent ways to scam money.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 06:42 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote