KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » "Getting too political" is a silly double standard

"Getting too political" is a silly double standard
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

And then Colin turned around and took millions from Nike lol.

Police brutality=bad, sweatshops=good

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 06:58 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
And then Colin turned around and took millions from Nike lol.

Police brutality=bad, sweatshops=good

Poor ole Colin......just misunderstood...... laughing He knew his days were over in football so he had to sell his victimhood...boohoo no one likes me enough to pay me millions of dollars to be mediocre in sports as an adult stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 07:25 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not like he opted out of his own football contract and then whined like a b*tch that nobody would hire him.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 08:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

I don't know, maybe instead of just throwing cash at something they could participate in programs meant to help the police connect with those in the neighborhoods they patrol. I know these already exist, why not lend their celebrity to it?

How many of them have sat down and hat an actual conversation with a police officer? Especially one who works a tough neighborhood? Maybe start there.

Or just whine on tv. Either or.

Wait, who am I kidding? I don't need to give you any solution, I just gotta shout "do something". That's good enough thumb up

How many police officers have sat down with members of the community the patrol? Especially officers policing communities in which they do not live. Maybe start there.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 09:22 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
How many police officers have sat down with members of the community the patrol? Especially officers policing communities in which they do not live. Maybe start there.

How many whined about police brutality in front of millions?

Give me a rough estimate.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 09:23 PM
Silent Master

^
Deflection

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 09:24 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

How many whined about police brutality in front of millions?

Give me a rough estimate.

Not enough, apparently.

Originally posted by Silent Master
^
Deflection

Quite the opposite, actually.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 09:27 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Not enough, apparently.

Nope, it was a deflection.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 09:28 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not enough, apparently.

Neat, but we did have millionaire cry babies whining and drawing attention.

What did they do with that attention?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 09:30 PM
Adam_PoE

Nope, it was a deflection.

The suggestion that the issue of police brutality will be solved, not by officers sitting down with the communities they police, but by celebrities sitting down with officers is the deflection. I addressed the problem of police brutality directly. You are welcome.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 09:31 PM
Silent Master

No, the conversation was about whether or not Colin actually believed in the cause or was just using it for selfish reasons.

So yes, you deflected.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 09:33 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hell we can expand it beyond Colin to *anyone* else kneeling lol.

What did they do? Adam, you got any answers?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 09:35 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Using their name to draw attention to a cause is an act in of itself. eg It's why if you ranted about human rights abuses in say the KSA, it wouldn't really matter at all, cos you're just a pleab, but if a Ben Shapiro did, it likely would raise some level on awareness and possibly have an impact in started a dialog.

Why this had to be said...

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 09:54 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nice deflection.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 09:55 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

That was a direct on topic reply... so if you can't understood celebrity sway and drawing attention to causes with the weight of said status, that's on you my peon friend. But it exists; this won't be debated.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 10:00 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
That was a direct on topic reply... so if you can't understood celebrity sway and drawing attention to causes with the weight of said status, that's on you my peon friend. But it exists; this won't be debated.

^Wow.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 10:03 PM
Silent Master

If Colin cared that much about the issue, what has he been doing recently to push the issue forward?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 10:06 PM
snowdragon

If Colin cared that much about the issue, what has he been doing recently to push the issue forward?

Well duh, he's supporting the cause now by buying the nikes that represent him wink

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 10:09 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I respect him cuz he insisted Nike clean up their act before signing. It was a condition he imposed on them.

Lol oh no wait the opposite occurred. And yes his Nike commercial talked about "sacrificing everything". You can't make this up.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 10:13 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

According to google, Kaepernick has donated over a million to charities and to raise awareness and continues to do so.

Good for you, Colin. Putting your money where your mouth is unlike Trump, who promised to donate 1million to a charity of E. Warren's choice if she took a DNA test. She did; then Trump backed out by claiming he never said he would, like a true coward.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2019 10:20 PM