KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos vs Thor, Silver Surfer & Hulk

Thanos vs Thor, Silver Surfer & Hulk
Started by: MrMind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Diesldude

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
Faster than light speed and perceptions
https://pin.it/1WO7n4I

Learn from this!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/panels...lver-surfer/amp

Ss has shields, can phase, can touch Thanos and create a singularity on him.
that’s a lot of exotic stuff and all thanos has to just pimp slap him.

Or he has auto shields and Omni directional blasts.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 01:24 AM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Ganymede caught Surfer off guard. SS didn't expect to be attacked. See how SS recovered amd smacked her? Also SS has light speed reflexes. Remember the scene where he circles Deathurge faster than light?

SS blasts have been shown to be more powerful after that showing. SS with planet destroying power, board from behind tricks, black hole creation, etc..
This is literally Surfer before the 2nd scan I posted getting ready to fight:

(please log in to view the image)

And this is the next two pages:

In the 1st scan she booped him on the chin with the staff, talked, then blitzed him.

Why are you always so clueless?

The board is sentient and listens to his mental commands, whether it'd be flying in circles or to a certain destination. It has nothing to do with Surfer's speed.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 01:24 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

SS blasts have been shown to be more powerful after that showing. SS with planet destroying power, board from behind tricks, black hole creation, etc.
Silver Surfer vs Odin:

One shot.

Thanos vs Odin:

(1)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 01:25 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

(2)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Tell me more about Surfer's blasts, brainlet.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 01:26 AM
Philosophía

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 01:33 AM
h1a8

You just proved that Thanos is more durable than SS. Everyone knows this. That doesn't defeat my argument about speed (deathurge example) or Surfer's power to destroy planets, create singularities, hit Thanos with the board from behind, use shields and evasion, etc.

Note: Surfers speed feats and Deathurge example defeats ANY example you show of him getting tagged by speeds far under light speed.

If Thanos hits Surfer then yes Thanos will do some damage. Everyone agrees on this.

-General Zod: Superman II

Last edited by h1a8 on Feb 13th, 2021 at 01:38 AM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 01:35 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 01:37 AM
h1a8

You just proved that Thanos is more durable than SS. Everyone knows this. That doesn't defeat my argument about speed (deathurge example) or Surfer's power to destroy planets, create singularities, hit Thanos with the board from behind, use shields and evasion, etc.

Note: Surfers speed feats and Deathurge example defeats ANY example you show of him getting tagged by speeds far under light speed.

If Thanos hits Surfer then yes Thanos will do some damage. Everyone agrees on this.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 01:44 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

You just proved that Thanos is more durable than SS. Everyone knows this. That doesn't defeat my argument about speed (deathurge example) or Surfer's power to destroy planets, create singularities, hit Thanos with the board from behind, use shields and evasion, etc
Thanos goes in blast-offs with Odin and you're going about sufboards from behind? Pass me that shit.

The same board from behind that Thor tanks repeatedly?

Why are you so clueless, h1000?

The power to destroy planets surely dwarfs the power to go up against Odin!

It's why Terrax can one-shot Thanos, easily.

It makes sense.

The board is sentient and listens to commands. How many times do I have to hammer this to you?

Surfer has a losing record against black holes. He has created a black hole exactly once in his entire history, and that was using the body of Air Walker. Thanos could just teleport away and let him get overpowered.

Surfer's shields are non-existent to Thanos power. Thanos shields on the other hand is something that Surfer would probably KO himself against.

This is not about durability -- it's about superiority. I'm trying to make you understand how far above Surfer he is. Thanos' ability to take damage and output damage is several tiers above Surfer, based on:

a). Direct evidence - Thanos no-sells Surfer. Thanos beats Surfer to death.
b). Indirect evidence against the same opponent - Surfer gets one shotted by Odin, Thanos puts up a whole comic's worth of competitive fight against him. Surfer gets KOd by B&T Thor, Thanos stalemates him while he has the power gem for the whole comic.

There's numerous examples, both direct and indirect, where he is a bug to Thanos.

You also have a direct example, against the very same opponent, of Surfer getting blitzed repeatedly, like it's Hulk against Spiderman. You have Thanos with the utmost ease one-shot the same opponent before he even manages to get a hand on him.

I hope Insane Titan finds you one day and sends me pics.

Last edited by Philosophía on Feb 13th, 2021 at 01:54 AM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 01:50 AM
h1a8

Originally posted by Philosophía
Thanos goes in blast-offs with Odin and you're going about sufboards from behind? Pass me that shit.

The same board from behind that Thor tanks repeatedly?

Why are you so clueless, h1000?

The power to destroy planets surely dwarfs the power to go up against Odin!

It's why Terrax can one-shot Thanos, easily.

It makes sense.

The board is sentient and listens to commands. How many times do I have to hammer this to you?

Surfer has a losing record against black holes. He has created a black hole exactly once in his entire history, and that was using the body of Air Walker. Thanos could just teleport away and let him get overpowered.

Surfer's shields are non-existent to Thanos power. Thanos shields on the other hand is something that Surfer would probably KO himself against.

This is not about durability -- it's about superiority. I'm trying to make you understand how far above Surfer he is. Thanos' ability to take damage and output damage is several tiers above Surfer, based on:

a). Direct evidence - Thanos no-sells Surfer. Thanos beats Surfer to death.
b). Indirect evidence against the same opponent - Surfer gets one shotted by Odin, Thanos puts up a whole comic's worth of competitive fight against him. Surfer gets KOd by B&T Thor, Thanos stalemates him while he has the power gem for the whole comic.

There's numerous examples, both direct and indirect, where he is a bug to Thanos.

You also have a direct example, against the very same opponent, of Surfer getting blitzed repeatedly, like it's Hulk against Spiderman. You have Thanos with the utmost ease one-shot the same opponent before he even manages to get a hand on him.

I hope Insane Titan finds you one day and sends me pics.

Odin wasn't hitting Thanos with planet destroying blasts. Surfer's power output against Ravenous is significantly more than any attack Odin hit Thanos with. Remember characters operate at different levels in different comics and scenes. Odin once operated at a meta level before and Asgardians at human level.

The board follows Surfers commands. That means
1. Surfer is thinking faster than light perceptions

Or

2. The board has the ability to keep Surfer moving at ftl speeds (hes unhittable still).

There are other feats where Surfer displays ftl reflexes with no help to his board.

Originally posted by Diesldude
that’s a lot of exotic stuff and all thanos has to just pimp slap him.

Or he has auto shields and Omni directional blasts.

Thanos doesn't have autoshields. He only used multi directional blasts (not omni) when he fought multiple enemies. SS can easily zip behind Thanos (which would resemble instant transmission).

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 02:00 AM
h1a8

My argument

SS blasts against Thanos doesn't equal (far less power) thsn his power output against Ravenous and Morg

Odin blasts against Thanos is less powerful than the blast Surfer used to destroy a planet (Morg and Ravenous).

Surfers Deathurge feat proves that Surfer can move far faster in combat to avoid Thanos attacks. Even if the board is sentient.

Note: Its not a contradiction for SS to directly mentally control the board as well as the board being sentiment.

We also have Surfer creating shields faster than energy beams can reach him. Surfer controls his arms, the board does not.

Surfer grabbed Nova with his arms when traveling faster than light. Surfer controls his arms, the board does not.

Last edited by h1a8 on Feb 13th, 2021 at 02:09 AM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 02:07 AM
Philosophía

Odin wasn't hitting Thanos with planet destroying blasts. Surfer's power output against Ravenous is significantly more than any attack Odin hit Thanos with. Remember characters operate at different levels in different comics and scenes. Odin once operated at a meta level before and Asgardians at human level.
What the actual f*ck? You think Odin who no-sold and one-shot Surfer with a single blast literally the page before he had a whole issue of back and forth with Thanos, was some kind of potentially meta-level guy who hits Thanos significantly weaker than the same Surfer? Does Terrax hit Thanos harder than Odin, too?

Is somebody around you at all times so that you don't drown when you drink a glass of water?

Holy flying f*ck, lmao.

Anyway, here's Thanos about 3 upgrades ago, at his weakest incarnation, destroying a planet as a side-effect of fighting Drax unharmed:

Go and rub one out to it.

quote:
The board follows Surfers commands. That means
1. Surfer is thinking faster than light perceptions

Or

2. The board has the ability to keep Surfer moving at ftl speeds (hes unhittable still).

There are other feats where Surfer displays ftl reflexes with no help to his board.
The board gets commands. You know, kind of like you say every day "Mom, can you please bring me my 10th meal of the day". It doesn't make you a good cook, anymore than it makes Surfer a speedster. It's an extra sentient being that obeys his command.

quote:
Thanos doesn't have autoshields. He only used multi directional blasts (not omni) when he fought multiple enemies. SS can easily zip behind Thanos (which would resemble instant transmission).
Thanos, on panel, in a direct comparison against the same person, blatantly reacted faster than Surfer did. Thanos has created shields greater than Surfer has ever breached and destroyed shields greater than Surfer has ever made.

Thanos has put up shields before Surfer's blast hit him and teleported behind him easily:

The tactics you say Surfer would use against Thanos, Thanos has literally used against Surfer.

Surfer literally has to be drained unconscious after Thanos no-sells him in order to prevent the latter from killing him:

My argument

SS blasts against Thanos doesn't equal (far less power) thsn his power output against Ravenous and Morg

Odin blasts against Thanos is less powerful than the blast Surfer used to destroy a planet (Morg and Ravenous).

Surfers Deathurge feat proves that Surfer can move far faster in combat to avoid Thanos attacks. Even if the board is sentient.

Note: Its not a contradiction for SS to directly mentally control the board as well as the board being sentiment.

We also have Surfer creating shields faster than energy beams can reach him. Surfer controls his arms, the board does not.

Surfer grabbed Nova with his arms when traveling faster than light. Surfer controls his arms, the board does not.
Is this like the "troll manifesto" or something?

Mein Trolling?

Last edited by Philosophía on Feb 13th, 2021 at 02:29 AM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 02:25 AM
carver9

What would happen if Surfer phased his board inside of Thanos skull and made it solid?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 02:36 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Board breaks

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 02:40 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Inside his head?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 02:46 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenghisJuan
Definitely not a Wanker

Good posts @phil.

When has Starlin ever said Hulk > Thanos? He only wrote Thanos to say he doesn't want to fight Hulk, which is entirely different. No one wants to fight a Savage that just doesn't quit. And we've seen Thanos overpower Hulk as well, so even if we took that statement in that manner, the on-panel showings matter more.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 02:57 AM
GenghisJuan is currently offline Click here to Send GenghisJuan a Private Message Find more posts by GenghisJuan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Originally posted by GenghisJuan
Good posts @phil.

When has Starlin ever said Hulk > Thanos? He only wrote Thanos to say he doesn't want to fight Hulk, which is entirely different. No one wants to fight a Savage that just doesn't quit. And we've seen Thanos overpower Hulk as well, so even if we took that statement in that manner, the on-panel showings matter more.

And Starlin wrote most of those on panel showings.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 03:16 AM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by GenghisJuan
Good posts @phil.

When did Thanos overpower Hulk? Scans please.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 04:28 AM
h1a8

Originally posted by Philosophía
What the actual f*ck? You think Odin who no-sold and one-shot Surfer with a single blast literally the page before he had a whole issue of back and forth with Thanos, was some kind of potentially meta-level guy who hits Thanos significantly weaker than the same Surfer? Does Terrax hit Thanos harder than Odin, too?

Is somebody around you at all times so that you don't drown when you drink a glass of water?

Holy flying f*ck, lmao.

Anyway, here's Thanos about 3 upgrades ago, at his weakest incarnation, destroying a planet as a side-effect of fighting Drax unharmed:

Go and rub one out to it.

The board gets commands. You know, kind of like you say every day "Mom, can you please bring me my 10th meal of the day". It doesn't make you a good cook, anymore than it makes Surfer a speedster. It's an extra sentient being that obeys his command.

Thanos, on panel, in a direct comparison against the same person, blatantly reacted faster than Surfer did. Thanos has created shields greater than Surfer has ever breached and destroyed shields greater than Surfer has ever made.

Thanos has put up shields before Surfer's blast hit him and teleported behind him easily:

The tactics you say Surfer would use against Thanos, Thanos has literally used against Surfer.

Surfer literally has to be drained unconscious after Thanos no-sells him in order to prevent the latter from killing him:

Is this like the "troll manifesto" or something?

Mein Trolling?

You are being irrational right now. You are misunderstanding my posts. I said that Odin was once operating at meta level just to prove that characters don't always operate at the same level. It was an example. I wasnt implying that Odin was meta level against Thanos.

If we are going to debate then you should do a better job of understanding my arguments before addressing them.

I stated that Surfers power output in the scene where he fought Ravenous (destroyed a planet) is greater than Odin's power output when he fought Thanos

Surfer's output in that same comic was less than Odin's.

In other words
Odin blasts at his highest > Surfer blasts (against Ravenous) > Odin's blasts against Thanos > Surfers blasts against Odin (in blood and thunder arc).

Do you understand now?

I never claim that Thanos cant defend against Surfer.
My argument is that Surfer can easily defend against Thanos. Surfer has light speed perceptions. Thanos is significantly slower than light speed.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 06:15 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Has speed ever been a deterrent for thanos?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 06:53 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote