KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » State of the Union (USA): Depowered and Fractured

State of the Union (USA): Depowered and Fractured
Started by: dadudemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

State of the Union (USA): Depowered and Fractured

The Democrats have succeeded; the Republicans are complicit.
They have successfully depowered the US. We are fractured and depowered. They are constantly at each other's throats. And so are the people.

Like it or not, Twitter and Reddit are such high volume sites that many people engage in, that's where much of the political discourse and influence is had.

When I open up reddit and it is article after article of nothing but Anti-Trump and Anti-GOP propaganda from the Democrats, you have to wonder how a president, who has higher approval ratings than Obama, is this hated.
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Reality often mismatches with political perceptions.
We have people on this site (who are known for being highly knowledgeable and basing their opinions on fact) falling for the Democratic propaganda and spewing ignorance and falsehoods like good little Dem-Acolytes.

Google is serving up results from a bias. The largest search engine by far has a political bias. A polarizing bias. This type of ignorance and blind following needs to stop. If we are to make progress as a people, we must put a stop to big-data and "mass-media" influencing people (mostly democrats but now we have a much larger and insidious far-right movement doing the same things) into stupid, false, and even ignorant beliefs.

(please log in to view the image)

The GOP is at fault as well.
And then you have the GOP playing t*t for tat with the Dems. Not actually doing anything constructive to move us forward (as usual). They are just complicit in all of this. You had your chances to whine and throw tantrums under Obama.

Obama was such a corrupt and terrible president that he might as well have been a Republican. You'd think you would have been quite happy under such a murderous (murdering brown people - a lot) president who deported boatloads of Latinos, right? He should have been your favorite non-Republican president in modern history. But you morons are so petty and childish that you pretended he was literally the Anti-Christ.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

What was the result?
The US is more fractured than ever. We have less power and influence than we did before. We can't have it when foreign countries can just play us off each other. We still have a terribly expensive healthcare crisis, a mental healthcare crisis, murder rates so high that we should be ashamed to call ourselves a modern country, shameful never-ending black-on-black wars and violence, post-secondary education so expensive that it is substantially crippling our economic growth (capitalist purists: why aren't you worried about fixing this?), and a crumbling infrastructure that is woefully outdated.

What should you do?
Stop voting for Republicans or Democrats. Stop giving them money. If you must go with a Dem or Republican, go for ones that fall out of party line voting or constantly go against the grain. Look for their voting records and make sure they don't pay lip-service but, instead, vote for what their campaign platform represented. For example: Ron Paul. Ron Paul consistently rubbed the GOP and Dems the wrong way but sticking to his principles and voting for and against things that fit his ideology. Hate him or like him, that's the type of politician that should fill every seat.

If the American people only voted based on these guiding principles, we would have a government that truly represented the people.

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by dadudemon on Oct 4th, 2019 at 02:19 PM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2019 02:15 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Great. None of it will help until you sort out lobbying and campaign financing though.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2019 03:00 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Great. None of it will help until you sort out lobbying and campaign financing though.

I've addressed that, extensively, in another post.

smile

Old Post Oct 4th, 2019 03:23 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Great thread, also, kill yourselfthumb up

Old Post Oct 4th, 2019 09:46 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Years ago, I heard this phrase to describe driving: somewhere down the line, it went from being a cooperative venture to a competitive sport.

Seems the same thing happened to Congress.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2019 09:49 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Mindship
Years ago, I heard this phrase to describe driving: somewhere down the line, it went from being a cooperative venture to a competitive sport.

Seems the same thing happened to Congress.

There has been a growing divide in the beliefs of the left and right that has been discussed on the forums in the past but nothing sums this up as nicely as :

Affective Polarization: an Outgrowth of Partisan Social Identity

Throw all that into a boiling pot of social media and we can identify where we are today wink

Old Post Oct 5th, 2019 12:21 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon
There has been a growing divide in the beliefs of the left and right that has been discussed on the forums in the past but nothing sums this up as nicely as :

Throw all that into a boiling pot of social media and we can identify where we are today wink
But let's be honest left and right are not single entities, for example, I'm strong on workers rights and unions, I'm also a big believer in taxation and safety nets. I'm not that into many progressive things.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2019 12:40 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Putinbot1
But let's be honest left and right are not single entities, for example, I'm strong on workers rights and unions, I'm also a big believer in taxation and safety nets. I'm not that into many progressive things.

Absolutely, the article there was just explaining how rather then a nod and a smile while we find better solutions we have our "silo's" that we build walls around and defend usually defending people who don't align with us (on issues) but because of party alignment are shielded in said silos. Social media just exacerbates that issue.

It explains our current system of information and divisive political culture that is spilling over into more facets of our daily lives (in the USA.)

Old Post Oct 5th, 2019 12:46 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by snowdragon

Indeed, I have posted before on how human beings are not as rational as we like to think we are, that belief systems function more as pacifiers than guides, and how social media (more specifically, its abuse or 'weaponization') allows us to hunker down in "self-serving belief-fortresses protected by powerful reality-distortion fields."

To put it another way:
"Ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country."
It seems, more and more, people are focusing on what their country can do for them.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2019 01:46 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Mindship
Indeed, I have posted before on how human beings are not as rational as we like to think we are, that belief systems function more as pacifiers than guides, and how social media (more specifically, its abuse or 'weaponization') allows us to hunker down in "self-serving belief-fortresses protected by powerful reality-distortion fields."

To put it another way:
"Ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country."
It seems, more and more, people are focusing on what their country can do for them.

thumb up

I'm not liking it. All the data points to better mental health if you close Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

I closed all 3. smile

Old Post Oct 5th, 2019 03:03 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
thumb up

I'm not liking it. All the data points to better mental health if you close Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

I closed all 3. smile
@ DDM #Metoo.

@mindship, I'm a believer more in people than nations old pal, patriotism last bastion of a scoundrel etc.

@snow, agree totally mate.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2019 03:30 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

@ DDM #Metoo.

@mindship, I'm a believer more in people than nations old pal, patriotism last bastion of a scoundrel etc.

@snow, agree totally mate.

I'm not with you to that extreme point. However, I'm not as well-traveled as you are. You have gotten to see humans being human in more places than I have. So you kind of see a larger humanistic picture than I do.

My ultimate goal aligns with yours: one human government like the United Federation of Plants or "United Earth" as the earth government is called.

I think the food distribution problems of The People's Republic of the Congo are a human problem, not a Congo problem. While I'm worried about getting universal healthcare in the US, we really should be tackling universal healthcare for the world. Etc. etc. etc.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2019 04:39 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not with you to that extreme point. However, I'm not as well-traveled as you are. You have gotten to see humans being human in more places than I have. So you kind of see a larger humanistic picture than I do.

My ultimate goal aligns with yours: one human government like the United Federation of Plants or "United Earth" as the earth government is called.

I think the food distribution problems of The People's Republic of the Congo are a human problem, not a Congo problem. While I'm worried about getting universal healthcare in the US, we really should be tackling universal healthcare for the world. Etc. etc. etc.
The problem I have with Governments everywhere is the kickbacks and flee in of the people by a few. Then they make the people feel guilty for questioning why some thrive and others don't with patriotism. The stronger the patriotism the more people are fleeced.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2019 04:54 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

All the data points to better mental health if you close Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Imagine the depth of my surprise.

Unfortunately, as long as there is tons of $$$ to be made, they aren't going anywhere.

"...a believer more in people than nations..."

There's something about that statement that is strangely satisfying.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2019 05:17 PM