KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Bad Movies Ready for a Reboot. *nods to carthage*

Bad Movies Ready for a Reboot. *nods to carthage*
Started by: Flyattractor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr Will Hatch

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Trocity
Nightmare on elm street is pretty trash yeah. Halloween is better than either but elm and hellraiser are no better than Friday.

Disagree. The first Elm Street is a stone cold classic and Dream Warriors/New Nightmare were really solid horror films. Some of the later ones were shitty, yeah, but even at their worst, they showed a lot more creativity and competent filmmaking than anything Ft13th ever did. Hellraiser is uneven, but it's got a way better premise than "retarded teenagers who never learn get killed by a zombie over and over again".

Old Post Oct 8th, 2019 11:06 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Putinbot1
The keep is an amazing film, even the Tangerine Dream soundtrack is great. It has great actors, who give great performances.

I don't hate the film, but it just slowly unraveled after a cool opening third. It's original run time was 210 minutes; it got released at 96 minutes, so it got butchered in the editing room.

I'd just as soon see a version more faithful to the book - Molasar resembles Dracula more than the off rack Darkseid looking being in the movie - with up to date CGI that gets it right.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 01:46 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by roughrider
I don't hate the film, but it just slowly unraveled after a cool opening third. It's original run time was 210 minutes; it got released at 96 minutes, so it got butchered in the editing room.

I'd just as soon see a version more faithful to the book - Molasar resembles Dracula more than the off rack Darkseid looking being in the movie - with up to date CGI that gets it right.
I don't disagree the book is better, I also read it.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 09:13 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote