KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » So how strong is Canon Luke?

So how strong is Canon Luke?
Started by: Total Warrior

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
I posted them on the previous page of this thread.

Ah yes, sorry that was lazy lol

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Luke's illusion feat in TLJ surpassed anything we've seen a force user do in any of the films.

Was a powerful display for sure. But he did it from a Force nexus and died doing it.

But the main problem is its impossible to quantify how powerful that makes him.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 08:17 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Luke's illusion feat in TLJ surpassed anything we've seen a force user do in any of the films.

lol

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 08:19 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Jmanghan
anyone who says otherwise doesn't truly understand how much Luke was toying with Kylo in TLJ.

And with Rey.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 08:20 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Was a powerful display for sure. But he did it from a Force nexus and died doing it.

But the main problem is its impossible to quantify how powerful that makes him.

Tzee was probably just kidding.

It's a non-feat. Johnson trolled us all.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 08:31 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Huh? Luke projecting himself across the galaxy is a pretty cool feat. Honestly, I thought it was a really clever and it made Luke come across as a true Jedi master.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 08:39 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Yeah and it was consistent with the guy who threw is Lightsaber away in front of the Emperor.

Man I just saw the Luke cut scenes from Battlefront where hes helping that Imperial officer. And it makes me sad thinking of what we could/should have gotten and how he was presented to us in TLJ.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 08:44 PM
ares834

It's so weird that TLJ gives us that Luke scene which perfectly encapsulates the character and then it also gives us a "Luke" who contemplates killing his nephew because of a bad dream.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 09:04 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoke123

in star wars as a whole, luke has planetary illusions and can easily move billions of tons with the force.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 09:18 PM
Click here to Send snoke123 a Private Message Find more posts by snoke123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Illusions are lame. It would have been fine if Luke was going to live through VIII, but killing him off like that was stupid. It was anticlimactic.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 09:27 PM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Psychotron
Illusions are lame. It would have been fine if Luke was going to live through VIII, but killing him off like that was stupid. It was anticlimactic.

Nah ares is right. That bit did right by the character. Issue was he needed Rey to find himself. And that he spent years sat around feeling sorry for himself whilst He knew full well his nephew and former pupil was sending the Galaxy to shit.

JJ retconned so much in this film, but he didnt retcon this main issue with TLJ.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 09:37 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by ares834
Huh? Luke projecting himself across the galaxy is a pretty cool feat. Honestly, I thought it was a really clever and it made Luke come across as a true Jedi master.

Yeah, but... it only worked because Kylo is a moron and it got Luke killed.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2019 11:07 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yeah, but... it only worked because Kylo is a moron and it got Luke killed.

Well better than him dying by having Kylo kill him directly. That would be BS. And lets face it, we knew this trilogy was going to send off the original 3 one way or another.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 12:05 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

But imagine if Kylo actually had a brain and figured out it was a trick...

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 01:16 AM
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

JJ retconned so much in this film, but he didnt retcon this main issue with TLJ.

Rian Johnson was a red-herring - JJ Abrams was the Executive Producer for The Last Jedi.

JJ Abrams could have changed anything he wanted right then and there.

The fault for The Last Jedi lies with JJ Abrams.

Think of Rian Johnson as Snoke (puppet/decoy) and JJ Abrams as Palpatine.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 12:03 PM
Click here to Send Lighter332 a Private Message Find more posts by Lighter332 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Kind of insulting to Palpatine but okay..

Actually someone said to me that Kathleen Kennedy is Reys grandma which made me laugh.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 01:29 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by ares834
Now that more context has been provided about the feat, it impresses me a lot more. Luke pouring his own living force into the cosmic force in order to project his very essence(it was not just a simple illusion or w/e) across the galaxy and interact with Leia and Kylo like that really is pretty extraordinary.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 03:00 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

So extraordinary, it killed him

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 03:40 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Originally posted by Galan007
Now that more context has been provided about the feat, it impresses me a lot more. Luke pouring his own living force into the cosmic force in order to project his very essence(it was not just a simple illusion or w/e) across the galaxy and interact with Leia and Kylo like that really is pretty extraordinary.
They could have given us a better fight though

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 03:48 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I wonder if his essence could have held an actual
Lightsaber and fought Kylo. That would have been so bad ass, without Kylo looking like a dummy like Stilt points out.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 04:04 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I wonder if his essence could have held an actual
Lightsaber and fought Kylo. That would have been so bad ass, without Kylo looking like a dummy like Stilt points out.

1) The Force Doppelganger was leaving no footprints.

2) Artillery blaster barrage passed right through it.

3) Even Kylo the Brainless realized it was intangible (though it took him ages and he had to poke it with his saber to make sure).

--
Even medieval spellcasters from worlds based on Dungeons&Dragons can cast harmful illusions.

Luke created a shitty one and died from the effort.

Disney Luke is the worst Jedi ever.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 04:11 PM