KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » So how strong is Canon Luke?

So how strong is Canon Luke?
Started by: Total Warrior

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
1) The Force Doppelganger was leaving no footprints.

2) Artillery blaster barrage passed right through it.

3) Even Kylo the Brainless realized it was intangible (though it took him ages and he had to poke it with his saber to make sure).

--
Even medieval spellcasters from worlds based on Dungeons&Dragons can cast harmful illusions.

Luke created a shitty one and died from the effort.

Disney Luke is the worst Jedi ever.

He was able to touch Leia though. And Kylo and Leia both held those dice from the Millennium Falcon before they disappeared.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 04:33 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Darth Thor
He was able to touch Leia though. And Kylo and Leia both held those dice from the Millennium Falcon before they disappeared.

Yes. Very limited interaction.

Battle-wise, it was a non-feat, unless your opponents are as easily duped as Ben the Half-wit.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 04:38 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Battle-wise, it was a non-feat, unless your opponents are as easily duped as Ben the Half-wit.

Thats what im saying. WOULD HAVE been bad ass if they went that route, as physical interaction was already shown as possible.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 04:39 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Desann made two illusions of himself without needing to meditate on it wink

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 04:47 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Stronger than ROTJ Palpatine if he ****ed up Snoke.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 05:17 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Luke never ****ed up Snoke - Snoke is grown looking that way on purpose.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 07:19 PM
Click here to Send Lighter332 a Private Message Find more posts by Lighter332 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

As much as id love this to be true, it would all depend on what kind of Saber skills/training Snoke has. Which as far as we know is still nothing.

Originally posted by Lighter332
Luke never ****ed up Snoke - Snoke is grown looking that way on purpose.

And yes this is the other problem. With the films ignoring so much of the comics and novels, we really have to take the one Snoke = Palpatine statement from the one source book (posing as Lukes journal) with a grain of salt.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 07:52 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

His robes were also blowing in the wind.

Luke's projection could almost certainly be sensed in the force as though Luke himself were actually there. So Kylo wouldn't have known any different until he made physical contact with it.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 08:08 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

And yes this is the other problem. With the films ignoring so much of the comics and novels, we really have to take the one Snoke = Palpatine statement from the one source book (posing as Lukes journal) with a grain of salt.

TROS makes it clear Snoke was nothing but an empty sock-puppet created and controlled by Palpatine.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 08:18 PM
Click here to Send Lighter332 a Private Message Find more posts by Lighter332 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

As much as id love this to be true, it would all depend on what kind of Saber skills/training Snoke has. Which as far as we know is still nothing.
We don't know what the 'battle' between Luke and Snoke entailed.

But we do know that they definitely had a run-in, and it apparently didn't go in Snoke's favor:
https://i.imgur.com/TngzSjc.jpg

We also know that Snoke came to respect AND fear Luke:
https://i.imgur.com/JdqxVvB.jpg

So as of now, all signs point to Luke being more powerful than Snoke.

we really have to take the one Snoke = Palpatine statement from the one source book (posing as Lukes journal) with a grain of salt.
Luke would have obviously been using RotJ Palpatine as a measuring stick for Snoke's power here:
https://i.imgur.com/ts5q5Zy.jpg

And in Luke's opinion, Snoke ~ RotJ Palpatine.

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 28th, 2019 at 09:05 PM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 08:20 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Galan007
His robes were also blowing in the wind.

Luke's projection could almost certainly be sensed in the force as though Luke himself were actually there. So Kylo wouldn't have known any different until he made physical contact with it.

Or maybe Kylo's Force Senses suck stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 09:31 PM
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

We don't know what the 'battle' between Luke and Snoke entailed.

But we do know that they definitely had a run-in, and it apparently didn't go in Snoke's favor:
https://i.imgur.com/TngzSjc.jpg

Luke would have obviously been using RotJ Palpatine as a measuring stick for Snoke's power here:

TROS pretty much retcons all of that - now it is revealed that Snoke was nothing more than a sock-puppet used by Palpatine.

Batches of Snokes are grown like chia-pets by Palpatine in a cloning-Vat.

Palpatine had so many Snokes, he could hand them out as gifts to his guests at parties.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 09:32 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

It”s also important to consider that canon consistently backs up the idea that Luke by ROTJ was a match for Vader, who in turn is much closer to ROTJ Palpatine than his legends counterpart. Give him years of growth and study, coupled with his defeat of Snoke, and I can easily see him being on or above the level of ROTJ Palpatine.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 10:38 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Where does Disney canon back that idea of Luke > Vader in ROTJ?

Well Snoke doesnt quite admit being his inferior there. He seems to think a dark side Luke would take Kylos place at Snokes side.

That said im sure its been mentioned somewhere that Snoke is using Kylo to destroy Luke, implying he cant do it.

Well in the Force. We still have no idea how good Snoke is in Sabers.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Dec 28th, 2019 at 10:59 PM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 10:50 PM
ares834

The fact that Snoke wasn't even fit to become Sidious's apprentice is telling. Honestly, as of now, he is sub-Maul.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 11:12 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ares834
The fact that Snoke wasn't even fit to become Sidious's apprentice is telling. Honestly, as of now, he is sub-Maul.

Does Disney Sidious even want/need an apprentice though?

Cant quite recall what his plans for Kylo were.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 11:20 PM
ares834

According to the VD, Snoke was testing and grooming him too become a Sith. He was designed to act as Kylo's "final crucible". Kek what a cuck.

Last edited by ares834 on Dec 28th, 2019 at 11:27 PM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 11:24 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by Lighter332
TROS pretty much retcons all of that - now it is revealed that Snoke was nothing more than a sock-puppet used by Palpatine.

Batches of Snokes are grown like chia-pets by Palpatine in a cloning-Vat.

Palpatine had so many Snokes, he could hand them out as gifts to his guests at parties.

Good point. I forgot about the tank full of Snoke clones.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 11:45 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Well in the Force. We still have no idea how good Snoke is in Sabers.
Oh Snoke would most likely be garbage in sabers. He's still a borderline cripple, after all.

I'm just talking about his power with the force.

Does Disney Sidious even want/need an apprentice though?
Nope. The 'one Sith' concept seemed to be in full effect in this film.

There's no reason for Palpatine to have a proper apprentice, when he already held the power of every Sith in history. All he was essentially looking for was a new vessel to transfer his essence/power into(until he stumbled upon the 'dyad-powa!!!' that could restore him, of course).

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 29th, 2019 at 12:01 AM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 11:49 PM
Darth Thor

Oh Snoke would most likely be garbage in sabers. He's still a borderline cripple, after all.

I'm just talking about his power with the force.

Oh I forgot it was confirmed somewhere that his guards were there for his protection Because hes a Cripple.

Meh hes useless. I still think even TLJ Kylo could have taken him in a fair 1 v 1 confrontation. So its little surprise Luke screws him up.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2019 12:30 AM