KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » PS5 announced for release next year...

PS5 announced for release next year...
Started by: eThneoLgrRnae

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

PS5 announced for release next year...

... sometime between October and December.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=cpwHcVcDnhY

Really looking forward to this. I passed on the PS4 console because I still had plenty of games on the PS3 to keep me entertained till 5 came out.

It looks like they're going to replace the spinning hard drive with a solid state drive which'll make loading times much faster. They're also doing something vastly different with the controller. Fortunately, the system will be backwards compatible so you can play your PS4 games on it as well.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Oct 9th, 2019 at 12:01 PM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 11:55 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

This might be the generation that both console makers do roughly the exactly the same thing.

SSD is a key feature. It should open a few options for developers. I will be very interested in seeing how open world games deal with the increased read/write speeds.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 12:39 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Seriously considering just getting a Switch instead. It should last through the next gen, and it has a ton of good games now.

Unlike the GameCube, my last Nintendo system.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 01:38 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

I really hope the release of this new console won't be delayed because of this Coronavirus shit. Hopefully it'll be gone or at least much more contained/under control long before the fall gets here.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Apr 6th, 2020 at 12:49 PM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 12:40 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Microsoft has come out that production is ramping up and it should hit the release date.

I am not sure about games though..maybe Halo Infinite...and most likely Forza 8 will see release (I assume they are final stages) but I will not be surprised if we will a very small amount of games in 2021. Those games are in the middle of development.....

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 12:53 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Microsoft is XBOX though. I was talking about the PS5. I prefer playstation over XBOX.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 05:02 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

You could take what I just said and relate it to PS5.

Both consoles are supposed to release this year....and both consoles are manufactured in the same country...thus...you could in theory, make a somewhat educated guess when one console maker is saying it should happen.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 05:42 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, I realize that both consoles are supposed to be released this year and yes, I also realize they're both made in the same country but that doesn't mean that just because one won't be delayed that the other won't either.

I seem to remember Sony releasing one of their playstation consoles very late one year in comparison to when microsoft released their console. It was a while back but it still happened and with this virus slowing everything down or, in some cases, even totally shutting stuff down it wouldn't surprise me if the PS5 is delayed especially if this pandemic gets much worse. I do hope you're right though.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 06:01 PM
cdtm

I'll still be playing my PS2.

No drm or online update bs, reliable hardware, and the best home games ever made.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2020 07:44 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Online updates aren't that bad. They usually don't take long.

I also generally like PS3 games more than PS2.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2020 06:38 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Any new games you're actually dying to play with the new system, or just wanting to get some new hardware simply to consume it? I care not for the "tech demo games" that tend to float around at launch and usually wait till there be some notable titles out before I consider getting another system, but thats just me.

Have had plenty to play this year with my backlog too and recently released games, so a possible launch delay for next systems because of corona would not affect me in the slightest.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Apr 7th, 2020 at 09:44 AM

Old Post Apr 7th, 2020 09:39 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

As for the PS5, I am not sure what launch titles will exist. I assume they were will remastered of Last of US 2 and the Sucker Punch game. I cant think of any other Sony studio being ready with a new game for this winter.

For Xbox, Halo Infinite and I assume Forza 8. At least with MS, if third party publishers takes advantage of the feature Smart Delivery, you can play previous generation titles upgraded for free on the new console. I know Cyberpunk 2077 will take advantage of it.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2020 12:17 PM
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Online updates aren't that bad. They usually don't take long.

I also generally like PS3 games more than PS2.

I had a 360, but it's all the same minus exclusives.

I was more a Platinum Games fanatic anyways, over your Mass Effects or Gears of Wars.

Either way, games like Arc the Lad Twilight of the Spirits, Shadow Hearts, Contra Shattered Soldier and God Hand deserve re-releases.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2020 08:25 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

https://twitter.com/playstation/sta...2961050625?s=21

What a shit controller design. The DualShock 2/3/4 was fine (though they prolly peaked with 3), but this... Don't get why they changed the shape, though makes it feel more like an Xbox controller which some would see as a plus, but they even got rid of the color in the buttons. I guess because it's 2020 and so everything has to look sterile and clinical now.

To say I'm more turned off from the PS5 now is an understatement.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2020 09:00 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

What a shit controller design. The DualShock 2/3/4 was fine (though they prolly peaked with 3), but this... Don't get why they changed the shape, though makes it feel more like an Xbox controller which some would see as a plus, but they even got rid of the color in the buttons. I guess because it's 2020 and so everything has to look sterile and clinical now.

Actually preferred the PS1 dual shock, the dpad was easier on the fingers for your Metal Slugs and Contras, and the sticks didn't have that cheap rubber that always came off like the DS2.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2020 09:18 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm just glad the sticks are still beside each other.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 7th, 2020 09:28 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

It's interesting to see the differences between both companies.

It seems Sony is following the same formula as other generations (which isn't a bad thing..just an observation).

While MS seems to be turning consoles in an affordable PC. The controllers for Series X are pretty much identical...and you can use the previous generation controllers if you want.

Don't know which would be better but it's interesting to see.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2020 04:02 AM