KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Best films of the 2010's.

Best films of the 2010's.
Started by: Drsoe08

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Drsoe08
Nutjob

Best films of the 2010's.

With the 2010's coming to an end, what will be considered the best films of this decade?

In my humble opinion, here's my top 10 films of the 2010's

1. The Master (2012)
2. Whiplash (2014)
3. Nightcrawler (2014)
4. The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
5. Birdman (2014)
6. Blade Runner 2049 (2017)
7. Sicario (2015)
8. Dallas Buyers Club (2013)
9. Boyhood (2014)
10. Inception (2010)

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 02:37 PM
Drsoe08 is currently offline Click here to Send Drsoe08 a Private Message Find more posts by Drsoe08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

I can't say what the *best* movies are, but here were some of my favorites:

2010: Kick-Ass/Toy Story 3/True Grit/Inception/Tangled/I Saw The Devil/Machete/Black Swan/Scott Pilgrim vs The World/The Social Network/The King's Speech/Animal Kingdom

2011: The Skin I Live In/Attack The Block/Moneyball/The Raid/The Green Hornet/Kill List/Green Lantern/Drive/Contagion/Miss Bala

2012: The Avengers/Django Unchained/The Cabin In The Woods/The Dark Knight Rises/The Place Beyond The Pines/Frances Ha/This is 40/Les Miserables/Wreck It Ralph/Dredd/Paranorman

2013: Frozen/This Is The End/The Wolf of Wall Street/Her/Prisoners/Afternoon Delight/Kick-Ass 2/The Wolverine/Gravity/The Lone Ranger/Before Midnight

2014: Guardians of the Galaxy/Whiplash/Tusk/The Lego Movie/Interstellar/What We Do In The Shadows/The Raid 2/Gone Girl/Nightcrawler/Birdman/Big Hero 6/Song Of The Sea

2015: Sicario/Mad Max: Fury Road/The Hateful Eight/Inside Out/The Final Girls/Bone Tomahawk/Ant-Man/The Martian/Anomalisia/The Revenant

2016: La La Land/Arrival/Green Room/The Nice Guys/Sing Street/Moonlight/Rogue One/Train To Busan/The Edge of Seventeen/Hell Or High Water/Hunt For The Wilderpeople/Zootopia/Kubo And The Two Strings/Deadpool/Hidden Figures/The Founder/Moana/10 Cloverfield Lane/The Lost City Of Z

2017: Get Out/Logan/Wonder Woman/The Big Sick/Lady Bird/Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie/The Lego Batman Movie/Spider-Man: Homecoming/Baby Driver/Thor: Ragnarok/Gifted/Logan Lucky/Call Me By Your Name/Coco/Hostiles/Good Time

2018: Sorry To Bother You/Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse/Teen Titans GO! To The Movies/The Incredibles 2/Ant-Man & The Wasp/First Man/Blackkklansman/Black Panther/A Quiet Place/Roma/Suspiria/Free Solo

2019: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood/Toy Story 4/The Avengers: Endgame/Shazam!/Ad Astra

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 05:16 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

I'll throw ten out there, no particular order:
1. Infinity War (2018)
2. Hostiles (2017)
3. Blade Runner 2049 (2017)
4. Logan (2017)
5. Sicario (2015)
6. Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)
7. Interstellar (2014)
8. Prisoners (2013)
9. Drive (2011)
10. Inception (2010)

Plenty of honorable mentions: Endgame, Spider-Verse, Dunkirk, GotG 1 and 2, Winter Soldier, Thor: Ragnarok (I think the MCU has plenty of solid picks), Sing Street, Rogue One, A Separation, Django, Looper, Argo, The Social Network, Inside Out, Wind River, 13 Hours, Lone Survivor, 12 Years a Slave, Us, Get Out, La La Land, Whiplash, FAR FAR too many to mention. Been a great decade for film, IMO.

IF I were to rank them, then
10. Inception
9. Blade Runner 2049
8. Prisoners
7. Logan
6. Infinity War
5. Drive
4. Interstellar
3. Sicario
2. Hostiles
1. Mad Max: Fury Road

I'm a little iffy on those last 4-5:
- Drive is a technical giant, and Gosling is great in it, but it is very low on substance; it's Winding Refn making style over substance better than any movie I can think of that I have seen in my life.
- Interstellar and Sicario could switch places, but even though the sequence with Emily Blunt and Jon Bernthal drags Sicario down and Interstellar is perhaps Nolan's best film IMO and is still the best theater going experience of my life (IMAX yes sirs and ma'ams), Brolin and especially Del Toro's performances are too strong and the El Past-to-Ciudad Jaurez-to-El Paso sequence is cinematography and tension at its finest.
- Sicario, Hostiles, and Mad Max: Sorry, the action-adventure nerd in me won. Mad Max is everything from a chase movie, action movie, social commentary drama, and nostalgia throwback all rolled into one, and George Miller's technical mastery with practical effects and stuntwork is second-to-none. Out of the three listed, I actually think Hostiles is the strongest film in terms of plot, acting (best performance of Bale's career and perhaps Rosamund Pike's as well - Gone Girl eat your heart out), and thematic material, but I enjoyed myself more during both Sicario and Mad Max. In conclusion, while Sicario and Hostiles are exceptional films, Mad Max is a film that is, in essence, an amalgamation of the reasons I still love going to the theater to see a movie till this day.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2019 03:16 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Araan Eligis

La La Land was the best imo.

Others off the top of my head that stand out are Manchester by the Sea, Birdman, Blade Runner 2049, Prisoners, Drive, Blue Jasmine, Inherent Vice and The Master.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2019 09:17 PM
Araan Eligis is currently offline Click here to Send Araan Eligis a Private Message Find more posts by Araan Eligis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

My list is movies that stand out as me having particularly enjoyed them at the time. There's loads of critically acclaimed films I left out mostly because I haven't seen them and there's plenty in my list that are regarded as totally shit but I like them anyway.

2010:
Inception
Shutter Island
The Crazies
Let Me In
Four Lions

2011:
The Adjustment Bureau.
Limitless
The Divide
We Need to Talk About Kevin
Thor
Drive
Priest
X-Men: First Class
Super 8
The Raid: Redemption
Goon
Rampart
In Time
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

2012:
Chronicle
The Woman in Black
The Cabin in the Woods
Lockout
The Avengers
Ted
Dark Knight Rises
Dredd
End of Watch
Seven Psychopaths
The Bay

Oblivion
Only God Forgives
Now You See Me
World War Z
Fruitvale Station
Pacific Rim
Elysium
2 Guns
Rush
12 Years a Slave
Desolation of Smaug
American Hustle
The Wolf of Wall Street

The Guest
The Signal
The Raid 2
'71
Days of Future Past
Edge of Tomorrow
Winter Soldier
A Million Ways to Die in the West
Snowpiercer
Guardians of the Galaxy
Lucy
As Above, So Below
Nightcrawler
Gone Girl
Inherent Vice
John Wick
Fury
Interstellar
Unbroken
Kingsman

2015:
Mad Max Fury Road
Ex Machina
Z for Zachariah
Chappie
Sicario
Ted 2
Straight Outta Compton
Beasts of no Nation
Spotlight
Black Mass
Legend
The Martian
In the Heart of the Sea
The Force Awakens
The Revenant

2016:
13 Hours
The Finest Hours
Deadpool
Midnight Special
Triple 9
10 Cloverfield Lane
Hardcore Henry
Civil War
Green Room
The Nice Guys
Apocalypse
The Neon Demon
The Shallows
Jason Bourne
Hell or High Water
Imperium
Don't Breathe
Yoga Hosers
Sully
Deepwater Horizon
The Accountant
Hacksaw Ridge
Arrival
Hidden Figures
Fences
A Monster Calls

2017:
Split
John Wick 2
The Girl with all the Gifts
Logan
Kong: Skull Island
Baby Driver
Trainspotting 2
Ghost in the Shell
Wonder Woman
Spiderman Homecoming
Dunkirk
Detroit
Atomic Blonde
Wind River
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri
IT
I, Tonya
Blade Runner 2049
Brawl in Cell Block 99
Thor Ragnarok
Bright

2018:
Annihilation
Tomb Raider
Ready Player One
You Were Never Really Here
Infinity War
Sicario 2
Ant Man 2
Bohemian Rhapsody
Vice

Glass
Outlaw King
Endgame
Spiderman Far From Home
Brightburn
The Dead Don't Die
IT Chapter 2
Joker

Old Post Nov 4th, 2019 12:28 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

interstellar and wolf of wall street were the only ones i would put on a pedestal

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2019 12:36 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought "Sinister" was a really quality horror film.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2019 12:38 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ayelewis

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
interstellar and wolf of wall street were the only ones i would put on a pedestal

Interstellar has already been forgotten about since its release. As to say, it's an average film.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2019 07:06 PM
Ayelewis is currently offline Click here to Send Ayelewis a Private Message Find more posts by Ayelewis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ayelewis

The Tree of Life
Burning
Parasite
The Master
Before Midnight
Boyhood
The Neon Demon
Upstream Color
Patterson
Poetry
The Revenant
This Is Not a Film
Amour
Nebraska
Star Wars: The Force Awakens

A select few, need to see more.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2019 07:07 PM
Ayelewis is currently offline Click here to Send Ayelewis a Private Message Find more posts by Ayelewis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote