KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Undiscovered Country

Undiscovered Country
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Undiscovered Country

Coming November 6th, 2019...

(please log in to view the image)

quote:
Readers will journey into the near future, and an unknown nation that was once the United States of America-a land that's become shrouded in mystery after walling itself off from the rest of the world without explanation over thirty years ago. When a team seeking a cure for a global pandemic breaches U.S. borders, they quickly find themselves in a struggle to survive this strange and deadly lost continent!
quote:
Undiscovered Country takes place 30 years in the future in a territory once known as the United States that has been walled off after a global pandemic. Journeying into the interior, a diplomatic expedition in search of a cure is force to reckon with the truth about themselves and their mission as they traverse the strange land.

*And evidently this series has already been purchased by New Republic Pictures, who plan on turning it into a movie franchise:
https://www.screendaily.com/news/ne...5142876.article
quote:
"We see this as the start of a franchise," said Oliver. "It's got a little something for fans of The Walking Dead, it's got a little something for fans of Mad Max. And we are thrilled to bring the first feature in this future world that Charles and Scott have created to the big screen."

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 10th, 2019 at 06:29 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2019 06:23 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Some promo material...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2019 06:24 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Not really sure what to expect with this, but I'm definitely intrigued. thumb up

Old Post Oct 10th, 2019 06:28 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Looks awesome

Old Post Oct 12th, 2019 09:31 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Critics keep saying it's like an amalgam between Mad Max and The Walking Dead... Which could be great.

Hopefully this lives up to all the hype it's getting. thumb up

Old Post Oct 13th, 2019 02:34 PM
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Critics keep saying it's like an amalgam between Mad Max and The Walking Dead... Which could be great.

Hopefully this lives up to all the hype it's getting. thumb up

Yeah I read about this, and caught the TWD comparisons (“Has Image found its new Walking Dead”).
I know it’s just me but, maybe let the comic actually get some issues out there, before you have it try and live up to a pop culture juggernaut still fresh in everyone’s mind?

Anyway, i’ll probably give it a look.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 09:40 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

It has a Fallout vibe but with a deeper well of ideas.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 09:58 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

First issue was pretty solid.
They threw a lot of stuff at the reader all at once, while still leaving a lot to get into and that’s good writing.
It was definitely interesting enough to follow up next issue. Even if I hadn’t liked the story, which I did, the last page was pretty fun.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2019 11:22 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Nov 6th, 2019 01:24 PM
riv6672

I’m liking the art, as well.
I’ve seen the guy’s work before, but it’s never appealed to me. I think working on his own creations and backdrops suits him though.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2019 05:49 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Love the art. Suits the tone of the story perfectly, imo.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2019 06:47 PM
riv6672

^^^A lot of work went into this first issue, and it shows.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2019 08:22 PM
NemeBro

Good first issue and a really solid premise. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2019 06:18 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Issue #2 was fun.

Digging this series so far. thumb up

Old Post Dec 11th, 2019 12:34 PM
riv6672

Read issue 2 last night.
Not bad.
The book has potential but is nowhere near reaching it 2 books in. The wall scenes were pretty horrific, which was the point, and the Destiny Man is a blast.
It’s worth sticking w. to see if the writing catches up w. the visuals in terms of impact.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2019 12:46 PM
riv6672

4 issues in and, still a decent read.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2020 09:56 AM