KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » How is this a thing?

How is this a thing?
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

How is this a thing?

Specifically, Portland, Oregon, banning urinal's in a government owned building.

Tell me if I have the process right:

Politicians pass laws protecting gender neutrality, or some such.

Someone hatch's a scheme to sue the government, over having urinal's in government building, arguing urinal's are not gender neutral.

Government removes urinal from government building.

Is that about how it works?

It seems like there's an ever present, ridiculous arms race always going on, where people organized because they want something, Government wants something in return and gives them whatever they want (Quid pro quo for votes or money), and then someone sues based on these new laws. Rinse and repeat.

It's just so frustrating, because it's so predictable. It seems like EVERYONE is out to game the system, and no one is putting a stop to it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2019 04:51 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Seems like the natural progression of dumbassery, victimhood and a litigious society. I for one welcome our inevitable enslavement by our future AI and robotic overlords.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2019 07:24 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

"Ask not what you can do for your country; ask what your country should do for you."
-- Sandy Snowflake

Next up: birth control made of Silly Putty, so all 616 genders can be accommodated.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Oct 11th, 2019 at 09:24 AM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2019 09:19 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Leftist Oppression on the Rise in the World!!! China takes a Stand against Internet Freedom! Portland takes a stand against Men's Bathrooms!

Ahem!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2019 09:46 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindship
"Ask not what you can do for your country; ask what your country should do for you."
-- Sandy Snowflake

Next up: birth control made of Silly Putty, so all 616 genders can be accommodated.

I always felt like people had the right to ask both what they can do for their country and what their country can do for them.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2019 11:42 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by cdtm

Specifically, Portland, Oregon, banning urinal's in a government owned building.

Tell me if I have the process right:

Politicians pass laws protecting gender neutrality, or some such.

Someone hatch's a scheme to sue the government, over having urinal's in government building, arguing urinal's are not gender neutral.

Government removes urinal from government building.

Is that about how it works?

It seems like there's an ever present, ridiculous arms race always going on, where people organized because they want something, Government wants something in return and gives them whatever they want (Quid pro quo for votes or money), and then someone sues based on these new laws. Rinse and repeat.

It's just so frustrating, because it's so predictable. It seems like EVERYONE is out to game the system, and no one is putting a stop to it.
I like it. Gives me more toilets to shove the heads of more SJWs into. thumb up

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Oct 11th, 2019 01:10 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

What if a urinal self identifies as a toilet?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2019 01:14 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Surtur
What if a urinal self identifies as a toilet?

I can work with that. thumb up

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Oct 11th, 2019 01:22 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Surtur
I always felt like people had the right to ask both what they can do for their country and what their country can do for them.
To an extent, I agree. My point in the 'quote' was that Identity Politics / Outrage Culture strikes me as self-absorption that's detrimental to the whole. E unum pluribus.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2019 02:37 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Badabing
I like it. Gives me more toilets to shove the heads of more SJWs into. thumb up

Why Bada gotta bully?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2019 07:13 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Why Bada gotta bully?
laughing out loud

I guess my fallback is violence when reason doesn't work.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Oct 15th, 2019 02:44 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Ahem!!!!!!!!!

Nobody reads your posts, Fly.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2019 02:58 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

This is why I only pee on the side of buildings and bushes.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2019 03:58 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Badabing
laughing out loud

I guess my fallback is violence when reason doesn't work.

Bada is a Interweb Bully.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Nobody reads your posts, Fly.

You are so full of Hate for such a small container.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2019 07:35 PM