KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » How dare you question climate change propaganda!!

How dare you question climate change propaganda!!
Started by: eThneoLgrRnae

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden_2.0
Awful

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
And many claims that are false or didn't happen were made by scientists. Some of those claims were by non-fringe Climatologists.

I posted one link that shows many scientists making wrong predictions along with politicians.

Since I only need one example to prove you wrong, behold, the very first entry where a scientist is making a proven-false claim:

(please log in to view the image)

smile

Paul R Elhrich didn't conduct research into or publish scientific papers on climate change and it's predictions. So it's not a scientific prediction.

Really don't see why this is difficult to get.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 09:00 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

How many damn excuses are we gonna make?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 09:02 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm gonna take medication meant to help with sea sickness cuz there is gonna be spinning:

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 09:03 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Paul R Elhrich didn't conduct research into or publish scientific papers on climate change and it's predictions. So it's not a scientific prediction.

Really don't see why this is difficult to get.

Firstly, you are changing your position. You originally said this...

Her point about previous predictions being wrong claiming they were predictions made by scientists. They weren't. They were claims made by media outlets reporting incorrectly.

lol

Secondly, he did publish scientific papers on climate change:

https://www.pnas.org/content/99/9/6070.short

And here is a longlist:

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?...amp;oi=scholart

smile smile smile smile smile

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 09:09 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's changing his position faster than a hurricane caused by Trump!

Man if this man can cause hurricanes how is Jim Acostas house still standing?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 09:10 PM
cdtm

I'm just here for the show.

But I will say, if the other sides best argument is "Politicians and the media misrepresent climate science", I'd ask who they think makes policy in the first place?

It isn't scientists. They are the prostitutes of policy makers and businessmen.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 09:17 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Surtur
He's changing his position faster than a hurricane caused by Trump!

Man if this man can cause hurricanes how is Jim Acostas house still standing?

I've not changed my position at all.

It's not difficult understand.

Here's an example.

If an eminent professor goes on TV and says "by 2050 I predict the moon will be entirely made of cheese" the media will report "scientists predict moon will be made of cheese by 2050"

When you ask what research that's based on and the answer is... nothing...

Well then scientists didn't actually predict it.

This is what she, and DDM, are doing.

The video I posted addresses that very thing.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 09:21 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm

But I will say, if the other sides best argument is "Politicians and the media misrepresent climate science", I'd ask who they think makes policy in the first place?

On the other hand:

Why Scientists Are Distrusted

"Toward the end of the article is this stunning statement from Christopher Williams, an ecologist at Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts, who is studying the issue:

“I have heard scientists say that if we found forest loss cooled the planet, we wouldn’t publish it.”

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 09:21 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by dadudemon
Firstly, you are changing your position. You originally said this...

lol

Secondly, he did publish scientific papers on climate change:

https://www.pnas.org/content/99/9/6070.short

And here is a longlist:

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?...amp;oi=scholart

smile smile smile smile smile

Great. And a publication from this year shows that prediction to be happening.

Now where's his paper on famines?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 09:25 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here's an example.

If an eminent professor goes on TV and says "by 2050 I predict the moon will be entirely made of cheese" the media will report "scientists predict moon will be made of cheese by 2050"

Is the professor a scientist?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 09:27 PM
Silent Master

Here's an example.

Just so you can't edit this post.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 09:29 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

And that's exactly why I said that the science was ignored in the Greta Thunberg thread. Policy never matches their recommendations.

Largely because 1. Policy makers are bought and paid for by lobbyists and 2. A large proportion of them are scientifically illiterate.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 09:29 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Surtur
On the other hand:

Why Scientists Are Distrusted

"Toward the end of the article is this stunning statement from Christopher Williams, an ecologist at Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts, who is studying the issue:

“I have heard scientists say that if we found forest loss cooled the planet, we wouldn’t publish it.”

I don't get why, though.

Are they just that hung on activism? Or, are the activists controlling the scientists? And if so, why?

Or is something else going on entirely?

I mean, what if this really is about a few bad apples in the bunch, and the bulk of science says "sound the alarms"?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 09:30 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Silent Master
Just so you can't edit this post.

Why would I?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 09:30 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't get why, though.

Are they just that hung on activism? Or, are the activists controlling the scientists? And if so, why?

Or is something else going on entirely?

I mean, what if this really is about a few bad apples in the bunch, and the bulk of science says "sound the alarms"?

The question for me is just how many bad apples there are. How did this man know people would lie unless they stated it? Not every scientist is gonna be so up front about dishonesty. They probably thought they were in like minded company. Not all will be so dumb.

And some people just can't stand to be proven wrong. Now consider the egos some intellectuals have.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 09:32 PM
Silent Master

Why would I?

To save yourself some embarrassment.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 09:33 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

From what? Being right?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 09:44 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 09:44 PM
Silent Master

From what? Being right?

A scientist lying about their evidence doesn't change the fact they made a prediction. it just means the prediction was based on a lie.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 09:47 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Me to climate alarmists:

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 09:49 PM