KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » How dare you question climate change propaganda!!

How dare you question climate change propaganda!!
Started by: eThneoLgrRnae

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
I've not changed my position at all.

It's not difficult understand.

Here's an example.

If an eminent professor goes on TV and says "by 2050 I predict the moon will be entirely made of cheese" the media will report "scientists predict moon will be made of cheese by 2050"

When you ask what research that's based on and the answer is... nothing...

Well then scientists didn't actually predict it.

This is what she, and DDM, are doing.

The video I posted addresses that very thing.
Yes it does. thumb up

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 09:52 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Silent Master
A scientist lying about their evidence doesn't change the fact they made a prediction. it just means the prediction was based on a lie.

When a scientist makes a prediction that isn't based on scientific research and peer reviewed publications it isn't a scientific prediction.

And that's part of the point.

Her entire video suggests she's addressing actual scientific predictions. In reality she's addressing media and political misrepresentation or predictions based on nothing at all.

Again, the video I posted addresses both these things and shows how it is SOP for climate deniers.

They make bold claims about the scientific predictions being wrong and yet when you dig into the actual predictions they have very little in common with the claims those deniers are addressing.

So she's right to say that AOC's prediction of the world ending because of climate change in 12 years is idiotic nonsense. She's wrong to try and conflate those predictions with actual scientific predictions.

Here's another, more specific, example of the difference between what media and alarmists claim compared to what scientists conducting the relevant research actually predict.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 10:04 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

AOC's claim didn't come from nowhere. Didn't some dipshit committee give that brain dead cow the idea?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 10:07 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Surtur
AOC's claim didn't come from nowhere. Didn't some dipshit committee give that brain dead cow the idea?

It was supposedly based on the 2018 IPCC report that says by 2030 at current levels of CO2 increases the limiting to under a 1.5°c rise will no longer be possible. They make numerous predictions of what 1.5°c of warming will do. None of them are remotely close to global armageddon.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 10:12 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just wonder if in 50 years we are all here and there is no catastrophe will these f*ckheads stop?

Probably not, since we've already had decades of failed predictions.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 10:13 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

When a scientist makes a prediction that isn't based on scientific research and peer reviewed publications it isn't a scientific prediction.

Her entire video suggests she's addressing actual scientific predictions. In reality she's addressing media and political misrepresentation or predictions based on nothing at all.

Again, the video I posted addresses both these things and shows how it is SOP for climate deniers.

They make bold claims about the scientific predictions being wrong and yet when you dig into the actual predictions they have very little in common with the claims those deniers are addressing.

So she's right to say that AOC's prediction of the world ending because of climate change in 12 years is idiotic nonsense. She's wrong to try and conflate those predictions with actual scientific predictions.

Here's another, more specific, example of the difference between what media and alarmists claim compared to what scientists conducting the relevant research actually predict.

Exactly, scientific method and prophecies picked from nowhere are two different things thumb up

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 10:15 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Which failed predictions are they?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 10:16 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dude I posted a pic previously and a link. You can spout your shit about scientists and professors and all, but Manhattan ain't underwater.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 10:16 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm gonna take medication meant to help with sea sickness cuz there is gonna be spinning:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 10:18 PM
Silent Master

It's still a prediction, it's just a prediction that was based on a lie.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 10:19 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Like a prophecy...

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 10:22 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So you're comparing climate alarmists to crazy folk who believe in prophecies?

...kinda accurate?

Hey ball park me, how many of these prophecies are we to take seriously?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 10:23 PM
Silent Master

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Like a prophecy...

You realize that the definition of prophecy is literally "a prediction". so calling it a prophecy in no way gets jaden off the hook for being wrong.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 10:42 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Yes. "Scientists predicted" covers a multitude of scenarios.

Someone should do correlation analysis on those predictions. The ones based on scientific research and the ones based on nothing but opinion. Which ones turned out to be right and which ones turned out to be wrong. Then compare those to which ones the deniers hold up as evidence that scientist's predictions were wrong.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 10:45 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

You realize that the definition of prophecy is literally "a prediction". so calling it a prophecy in no way gets jaden off the hook for being wrong.

You've still to explain why I'm wrong

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 10:46 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maybe scientists should stick to facts and not feelings.

And maybe if a scientist is relying on fee fee's the media outlet publishing it could note it?

When NYC was predicted to be underwater the opening paragraph should have stated it's not based on actual facts. Do you feel it did?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 10:46 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Maybe scientists should stick to facts and not feelings.

And maybe if a scientist is relying on fee fee's the media outlet publishing it could note it?

When NYC was predicted to be underwater the opening paragraph should have stated it's not based on actual facts. Do you feel it did?

Cite the scientific paper that made that prediction.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 10:49 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I posted a link about the NYC thing but I did not say there is a scientific paper. Perhaps you're confusing me with someone else?

Let me break this down: it's not good enough if there isn't some paper on it. The fact any "scientist" made the claims is bad enough. If it's one of those things with a scientist without proof this should be made known in the opening paragraph.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 10:50 PM
Silent Master

You've still to explain why I'm wrong

Yes, I have. pretending otherwise just makes you look worse.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 10:51 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 10:52 PM