KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Can Superman Replicate Thor's glacier shattering feat?

Can Superman replicate Thor's glacier shattering feat?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, his striking feats in MOS are better 12 57.14%
Yes, but with difficulty 0 0%
No, he has no feats similar in scale 5 23.81%
He doesn't come close 4 19.05%
Total: 21 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Can Superman Replicate Thor's glacier shattering feat?
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

My answer is yes he can and if he had a magic hammer he'd embarrass Thor with the destruction caused.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 10:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
You could easily stipulate for the match he can use it.

And I think if he did use it he'd cause even more damage than Thor did, agreed?

Then it wouldn't be Superman replicating the feat. it would be Thor replicating it, since it's Thor's power being used.

Originally posted by FrothByte
The damage output of Thor was more due to his lightning than the hammer. And his lightning comes from him. Hating on Thor for using his lightning is like hating on Superman for using his heat vision or flight.

Or strength, speed, durability etc etc etc. Superman fans can't handle Thor being able to do something he can't.

Originally posted by Surtur
My answer is yes he can and if he had a magic hammer he'd embarrass Thor with the destruction caused.

Which he doesn't have, so the answer is "No, he can't".

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Last edited by Silent Master on Oct 16th, 2019 at 10:58 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 10:54 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 10:56 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

But I'm not hating on him just pointing out the differences. I enjoy seeing Thor smash shit with his hammer.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 11:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Right, you just don't like that Superman can't replicate the feat, so you want him to be granted Mjolnir and Thor's power for the duration of this thread.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 11:31 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just say he's the greatest!

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 11:32 PM
Silent Master

He's the greatest murderer.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2019 11:36 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Then he'll murder the heck out of that iceberg. Don't be mad that he is superior to thor in every way

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 02:09 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Ok, so what feat does Superman have where he created a shockwave of similar magnitude?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 02:10 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Re: Can Superman Replicate Thor's glacier shattering feat?

Originally posted by carthage
(please log in to view the image)

*Clark has to do it with a single strike
*Clark is standard morals
*Same circumstances Thor faced

Does he replicate the feat, or have any striking feat comparable?
This thread makes no sense.

A continuous strike = a single strike.
Thor hit the ground with a continuous flow of lightning.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 02:25 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

You mean besides the massive shock wave that leveled a skyscraper in his fight with zod?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 02:26 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
You mean besides the massive shock wave that leveled a skyscraper in his fight with zod?

You mean the shockwave that wasn't anywhere as big as Thor's Jotunheim buster?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 02:29 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Looks comparable to me in size to the initial impact. Since the ice is collapsing into something, I figured that thor just took some sort of load bearing portion

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 02:32 AM
Silent Master

Re: Re: Can Superman Replicate Thor's glacier shattering feat?

Originally posted by h1a8
This thread makes no sense.

A continuous strike = a single strike.
Thor hit the ground with a continuous flow of lightning.

IOW, Superman can't replicate the feat.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 03:00 AM
h1a8

Re: Re: Re: Can Superman Replicate Thor's glacier shattering feat?

Originally posted by Silent Master
IOW, Superman can't replicate the feat.

That's not the question for the thread. Reading comprehension is essential.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 03:32 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Looks comparable to me in size to the initial impact. Since the ice is collapsing into something, I figured that thor just took some sort of load bearing portion

Just so we're both clear on what feat you mean, can you post it?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 04:27 AM
Silent Master

Re: Re: Re: Re: Can Superman Replicate Thor's glacier shattering feat?

Originally posted by h1a8
That's not the question for the thread. Reading comprehension is essential.

Yes, it is.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 04:29 AM
Psychotron

Originally posted by FrothByte
The damage output of Thor was more due to his lightning than the hammer. And his lightning comes from him.

How did Captain America use lightning on Thanos then?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 07:30 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Because of Odin's enchantment, which grants those worthy the power of Thor.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 07:51 AM
Psychotron

Originally posted by Silent Master
Because of Odin's enchantment, which grants those worthy the power of Thor.

Which means Superman with hammer would be able to produce lightning too.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 10:24 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote