KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Can Superman Replicate Thor's glacier shattering feat?

Can Superman replicate Thor's glacier shattering feat?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, his striking feats in MOS are better 12 57.14%
Yes, but with difficulty 0 0%
No, he has no feats similar in scale 5 23.81%
He doesn't come close 4 19.05%
Total: 21 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Can Superman Replicate Thor's glacier shattering feat?
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

The OP doesn't state anything about Superman having Mjolnir. let alone him being worthy.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 10:53 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Easily.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 11:47 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
The OP doesn't state anything about Superman having Mjolnir. let alone him being worthy.

I'm aware. Superman doesn't need the hammer.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 12:34 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by playa1258
Easily.

Yes, Superman easily fails.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 02:38 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can Superman Replicate Thor's glacier shattering feat?

Yes, it is.

No it isn't. You are leaving out certain conditions. Under the conditions Superman can achieve the feat. But almost anyone can with continuous blast ability.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 02:57 PM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can Superman Replicate Thor's glacier shattering feat?

Originally posted by h1a8
No it isn't. You are leaving out certain conditions. Under the conditions Superman can achieve the feat. But almost anyone can with continuous blast ability.

No, I'm following the conditions, you're making things up. as usual.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 02:59 PM
LordGod
The One

I'd also note that the landscape Thor busted was hollow, as we saw a bit later in the scene-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpo-ZmfsbhQ&t=0m50s

So his bolt really just set of a chain reaction that destroyed the top layer of ice.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 03:13 PM
LordGod is currently offline Click here to Send LordGod a Private Message Find more posts by LordGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Psychotron
Which means Superman with hammer would be able to produce lightning too.

No he wouldn't. He would specifically need Mjolnir, not just a hammer. And I don't see any stips in OP that grants him Mjolnir.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 03:13 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by LordGod
I'd also note that the landscape Thor busted was hollow, as we saw a bit later in the scene-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpo-ZmfsbhQ&t=0m50s

So his bolt really just set of a chain reaction that destroyed the top layer of ice.

A cave was shown under part of it, that doesn't mean it was completely hollow. after all, mountains also have caves, are you claiming that mountains are hollow?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 03:18 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Interesting.

We know that Ice is, for the most part, a brittle element. However, the scene is impressive because it wasn't a small portion of Ice being shattered, but actually, we see a chain reaction in where a vast surface of Jotunheim succumbs.

However, a lightning power resides in that of electricity and heat, not only raw impact. So, the feat isn't one of raw impact, like a punch.

So, can Superman replicate the exact same feat? Will the ice crumble the same way?

I don't see evidence to believe such. They are different attacks and the Ice should react differently.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 03:23 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordGod
The One

A cave was shown under part of it, that doesn't mean it was completely hollow. after all, mountains also have caves, are you claiming that mountains are hollow?
Faulty comparison.

The "glacier" Thor's bolt crumbled was hollow. There was nothing but dead space under the first several feet of ice. It didn't just have a few small stray caves running through thousands of feet of solid ice, lol. Also, rock=/=ice.

What I'm saying is that the feat would have been much more impressive if the landscape had actually been a solid block of ice and not just an icy shell.

Last edited by LordGod on Oct 17th, 2019 at 03:44 PM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 03:34 PM
LordGod is currently offline Click here to Send LordGod a Private Message Find more posts by LordGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

So the ice was just floating there with nothing to support it, that means it must have been supported by magic.

So, Thor's feats is now collapsing a large area of magical ice. thanks for making his feat much more impressive.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 03:38 PM
LordGod
The One

You're....not good at this. confused

Watch the vid I posted FFS. The upper surface of ice was being supported by a handful of ice pillars underneath-
(please log in to view the image)

THAT is what his bolt crumbled.

"magical ice". Lol. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 03:43 PM
Silent Master

That only shows a very small area, kind of like a cave. thanks for proving me right.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 03:45 PM
LordGod
The One

You're an idiot.

I suggest actually watching the movie. smile

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 03:46 PM
Silent Master

I have, it was a cave.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 03:47 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Originally posted by FrothByte
Just so we're both clear on what feat you mean, can you post it?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jv09Mo1X9RA about 3 minutes in when zod is crawling up the building

Last edited by NotAllThatEvil on Oct 17th, 2019 at 03:55 PM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 03:51 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jv09Mo1X9RA about 3 minutes in when zod is crawling up the building

Yeah, that's the one I was looking at as well. It definitely did not "level" that building. It took out a good chunk off the side but that's about it. The area of the initial impact was all that was damaged, whereas Thor's slam had continuous and far reaching repercussions.

I will say though that this feat is still impressive in that Superman and Zod didn't hit the building directly but that the damage was due to the force of their collision. However, it still pales in comparison to the destruction that Thor did.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 04:15 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Yeah, because thor struck a hollow iceberg that collapsed in on itself because he took out the support.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 05:02 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordGod
The One

Bingo. thumb up

Realistically all you'd have to do is take out a few of those pillars and the entire thing would then collapse in a domino effect. Pretty obvious that's what happened there IMO.

Afterall, we've seen Thor's lightning attacks strike the -solid- ground on several other occasions and it didn't cause anywhere near that level of collateral damage.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 05:06 PM