KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor vs. Superboy

Thor vs. Superboy
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You should've seen the full scene.

Manchester actually sits on MMH's face (he's knocked out) and ignites his cigarette laughing out loud

Nobody respects Manhunter, not even DC.
What comic? That sounds like something worth checking out.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 12:17 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Vingthor the Hurler

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 01:31 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by lawest9
Of course not, that would be an obvious and sensible conclusion, but it would be different between MM and Thor because they are much closer together in power, so Daredevil/Supes is a very silly analogy to make, and since we don't use crossovers here then why assume that MM can one shot Thor? that's all.

It's to illustrate a point. Whether someone is right or wrong, just because they can argue DC Character X can one-shot Marvel Person Y doesn't mean it's happened in a cross over. You assuming someone likely used a crossover is just as silly as my analogy.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 06:51 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Would need to re-read, too.

As I was saying, I thought Mr Mind was talking about MMH's potential to KO Thor... as he's had some good strength feats in the new continuity, such as the Brainiac Ship - shared feat, but still.

Well, that and the canonicity of said crossovers is highly questionable...

This is all we see and we don't see Thor again for a while.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/3dAvcyYQI...E-kKjLzSW=s1600

So, maybe he did KO him. (Shrugs)

As for canonicity, not factoring in so much change by now, some of the crossovers were definitely Canon at the time. It's not even questionable. But the mods won't allow them regardless unless it's the topic itself. Not sure though if this applies to like the Image/ALIENS stuff where that was a big event that changed things.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 07:08 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

Originally posted by Delta1938
It's to illustrate a point. Whether someone is right or wrong, just because they can argue DC Character X can one-shot Marvel Person Y doesn't mean it's happened in a cross over. You assuming someone likely used a crossover is just as silly as my analogy.
Then what is the source of your statement "considering mmh can one shot thor" based off of?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 07:09 AM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Then what is the source of your statement "considering mmh can one shot thor" based off of?

.....you need it spelled out for you? That's why I brought up Superman one-shoting Daredevil. I can make this argument based on their respective appearances. I'm not saying the guy is right saying J'onn one-shots Thor, I said he can come to the conclusion on his own without crossovers. You should have asked him what makes him think that, not if it happened.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 07:16 AM
lawest9

.....you need it spelled out for you? That's why I brought up Superman one-shoting Daredevil. I can make this argument based on their respective appearances. I'm not saying the guy is right saying J'onn one-shots Thor, I said he can come to the conclusion on his own without crossovers. You should have asked him what makes him think that, not if it happened.
I asked him that which I asked, my main focal points was 1. they claimed that which happened in a crossover cannot be used on this forum for getting one's point across, 2.using Superman one shotting Daredevil was a very poor analogy given the vast difference in power, while Thor and MM are much more evenly matched.

That was earlier yesterday when we had this brief discussion and it's not at all that crucial to me to keep it going at this point.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 07:31 AM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

I asked him that which I asked, my main focal points was 1. they claimed that which happened in a crossover cannot be used on this forum for getting one's point across,

Wait, what? Do you still think MrMind said J'onn one-shot Thor in a crossover? If so, this is what he said.

Originally posted by MrMind
considering mmh can oneshot odinson

"Can oneshot." Can, "has oneshot." While it can be taken as he's saying it's happened, that's an assumption. He never explicitly said MMH and I believe that's not what he meant based on what he said and other factors.

2.using Superman one shotting Daredevil was a very poor analogy given the vast difference in power, while Thor and MM are much more evenly matched.

That was earlier yesterday when we had this brief discussion and it's not at all that crucial to me to keep it going at this point.

I used such an extreme example to illustrate my point. That it's dumb to assume they're referring to something that happened in a crossover because they state their opinion. If you actually need me to explain this, I understand why you thought he HAD to be referencing a crossover.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 07:44 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
What comic? That sounds like something worth checking out.

Don't remember. One of MMH's early New52 appearances.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 11:41 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

This is all we see and we don't see Thor again for a while.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/3dAvcyYQI...E-kKjLzSW=s1600

So, maybe he did KO him. (Shrugs)

As for canonicity, not factoring in so much change by now, some of the crossovers were definitely Canon at the time. It's not even questionable. But the mods won't allow them regardless unless it's the topic itself. Not sure though if this applies to like the Image/ALIENS stuff where that was a big event that changed things.

Yeah, it could've been a flash-ko, there's no way to be sure.

Iirc, it was canon to DC, but Marvel side didn't acknowledge it? Lots of problems with intercompany crossovers.

Anyway, the rule is not getting changed any time soon...

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 11:45 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

"Can oneshot." Can, "has oneshot." While it can be taken as he's saying it's happened, that's an assumption. He never explicitly said MMH and I believe that's not what he meant based on what he said and other factors.

thumb up

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 11:55 AM
Super-fan1230
A Kryptonian

Thor Stomps i think

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 02:47 PM
Super-fan1230 is currently offline Click here to Send Super-fan1230 a Private Message Find more posts by Super-fan1230 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

you are a disgrace to your username and avatar

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 05:45 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Yeah, it could've been a flash-ko, there's no way to be sure.

Iirc, it was canon to DC, but Marvel side didn't acknowledge it? Lots of problems with intercompany crossovers.

Anyway, the rule is not getting changed any time soon...

Marvel had a couple examples. I saw it directly referenced by Living Tribunal in X-MEN ADVENTURES or whatever it was(assuming LT is still the same LT) and one of the Handbooks chronicling alternate universe based stuff notes the Amalgam Universe as part of the Marvel multiverse.

But I don't see it as that much more problematic than regular comics, the issue is low showings are more noticeable due to the crossovers being shorter and higher profile, and people don't want their preferred characters losing.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 10:05 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

X-Men Adventures was based on TAS, it's not canon.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 12:35 PM
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Acces stories are canon. Period. As are JLA/Avengers. Most of the previous crisis ones are fit into JLA/Avengers merged multiverse.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 12:41 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

X-Men Adventures was based on TAS, it's not canon.

Did you not read what I said? laughing laughing

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 01:27 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

It's a bad example to use, period.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 01:34 PM
DarkSaint85

Don't make me come in here evil face

Pun intended

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 02:00 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

It's a bad example to use, period.

AlbertoJohnAvil level fail.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 02:20 PM