KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Brainiac's ship feat vs Exitar's corpse feat

Brainiac's ship feat vs Exitar's corpse feat
Started by: deft

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
deft

Brainiac's ship feat vs Exitar's corpse feat

Brainiac's ship feat (Superman: Doomed #2):

https://imgur.com/72JZmTR

vs

Exitar's corpse feat (Uncanny Avengers #22):

https://imgur.com/YiC0koZ

Note: In this thread, the comparision is between Superman and Sentry to compare who bench more strenght.

Which feat is better?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 01:36 AM
deft is currently offline Click here to Send deft a Private Message Find more posts by deft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordGod
The One

Brainiac's ship was TREMENDOUSLY larger then Exitar.

Exitar compared to earth-
(please log in to view the image)

Brainiac's ship compared to earth-

Even if we just credit Superman with moving -half- the weight of Brainiac's ship, it would still be FAR beyond Sentry moving Exitar.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 01:53 AM
LordGod is currently offline Click here to Send LordGod a Private Message Find more posts by LordGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Is this just Exitar's body weight or are you also taking into account his movement down towards the earth.

We don't know how much force be was applying on his decent.

If it's just body weight then superman's feat is more impressive.

We also don't know how much strenght the sentry applied, it could.hsve be something like the final straw.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 02:22 AM
Diesldude is online now! Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

I mean the top feats of Superman matches any version of sentry. Idk why people think sentry is more powerful

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 02:26 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordGod
The One

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Diesldude
Is this just Exitar's body weight or are you also taking into account his movement down towards the earth.

We don't know how much force be was applying on his decent.

If it's just body weight then superman's feat is more impressive.

We also don't know how much strenght the sentry applied, it could.hsve be something like the final straw.
Tbf, Brainiac's ship was also trying to resist Superman and J'onn. So they were also pressing against its opposing forces.

And like you said- Sentry's feat was shared with Rogue if we're counting his decent being stopped.

Superman's feat should be immensely better either way, considering the -enormous- difference in size between Exitar and the ship..

Last edited by LordGod on Oct 18th, 2019 at 02:38 AM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 02:36 AM
LordGod is currently offline Click here to Send LordGod a Private Message Find more posts by LordGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Originally posted by MrMind
I mean the top feats of Superman matches any version of sentry. Idk why people think sentry is more powerful
agreed but this is about which feat is more impressive.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 03:19 AM
Diesldude is online now! Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Originally posted by LordGod
Tbf, Brainiac's ship was also trying to resist Superman and J'onn. So they were also pressing against its opposing forces.

And like you said- Sentry's feat was shared with Rogue if we're counting his decent being stopped.

Superman's feat should be immensely better either way, considering the -enormous- difference in size between Exitar and the ship..

This is true i had not considered the ship's engines. They had to have been powerful to push that monstrosity.

Exitar, if placed in front of the ship would be about the size of the yellow flash on the ship's face from forehead to upper lip. That shows you how big it is compared to exitar.

Sentry had help from rogue, but wasn't she powered by every hero on Marvel earth?

So it was Sentry plus every marvel earth hero.

If moving the ship is > pushing exitar then it means Superman + mM are stronger than everyone in marvel earth combined

Don’t think people will want to admit this.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 03:28 AM
Stoic
Avenger

So it comes down to Exitar's power vs the ships engine? I'd say that Exitar is more powerful than that ships engine, but that's my opinion.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 03:34 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Originally posted by Stoic
So it comes down to Exitar's power vs the ships engine? I'd say that Exitar is more powerful than that ships engine, but that's my opinion.
braniac's tech too.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 03:38 AM
Stoic
Avenger

In my honest opinion, Exitar could probably destroy that ship.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 03:55 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

But who would win in a race?

That's the more important question, if we're trying to compare engine power to Exitars.....flight speed? Stepping strength?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 07:55 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Exitar is a master of tap dancing, his leg muscles have perfected the step step step and the stap quick jump step. When his every blast has failed to dent an opponent he uses his leg power as a last resource because using it irresponsibly would cause every creature in the multiverse to tap dance simultaneously.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 08:11 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Edit: Quick edit. Didn't see the corpse part. Lively Exitar wins, dead Exitar loses.

Cosmic characters can amp their strength up with the power cosmic / cosmic energy / magic / etc.. That's what characters like Odin and Zeus do. I don't see why Exitar wouldn't be able to do just that as well. In the end of the day it's all about energy.

From a standpoint of a being, Exitar is still far above anything Brainiacs ship comes close to. And in Uncanny Avengers we had Exitar actively try to move his probably-above-planetary weight including his cosmic will down onto Earth. But he was still stopped in his tracks.

So I never thought it was about the weight. There are various levels to it all and this is how I view it:

Level 1: (Exitars corpse)

Someone is trying to lift Odin into the air. How heavy is Odin? 300-350 pounds with his armor on?

Level 2: (Brainiacs ship)

Someone is trying to push Odin away, who is pushing back. What is Odin - a 50-70 tonner?

Level 3: (Exitar)

Someone is trying to push Odin away, who is amping his own strength with magic and pushing back. +100 and waaay up tonner.

Last edited by Enzeru on Oct 18th, 2019 at 08:39 AM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 08:36 AM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Originally posted by Bentley
Exitar is a master of tap dancing, his leg muscles have perfected the step step step and the stap quick jump step. When his every blast has failed to dent an opponent he uses his leg power as a last resource because using it irresponsibly would cause every creature in the multiverse to tap dance simultaneously.
Yeah i don't think he ever misses legs day at the gym.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 09:27 AM
Diesldude

Originally posted by Enzeru
Edit: Quick edit. Didn't see the corpse part. Lively Exitar wins, dead Exitar loses.

Cosmic characters can amp their strength up with the power cosmic / cosmic energy / magic / etc.. That's what characters like Odin and Zeus do. I don't see why Exitar wouldn't be able to do just that as well. In the end of the day it's all about energy.

From a standpoint of a being, Exitar is still far above anything Brainiacs ship comes close to. And in Uncanny Avengers we had Exitar actively try to move his probably-above-planetary weight including his cosmic will down onto Earth. But he was still stopped in his tracks.

So I never thought it was about the weight. There are various levels to it all and this is how I view it:

Level 1: (Exitars corpse)

Someone is trying to lift Odin into the air. How heavy is Odin? 300-350 pounds with his armor on?

Level 2: (Brainiacs ship)

Someone is trying to push Odin away, who is pushing back. What is Odin - a 50-70 tonner?

Level 3: (Exitar)

Someone is trying to push Odin away, who is amping his own strength with magic and pushing back. +100 and waaay up tonner.
how much of that was the sentry and how much is the rest of the heros? did the other heros provide enough to negate exitar's strength while the sentry pushed back the corpse that was still descending, was it by it's own weight or still going down because the strength of the heros wasn't enough?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 09:29 AM
Enzeru

Originally posted by Diesldude

how much of that was the sentry and how much is the rest of the heros? did the other heros provide enough to negate exitar's strength while the sentry pushed back the corpse that was still descending, was it by it's own weight or still going down because the strength of the heros wasn't enough?

Your guess is as good as mine.

Your location mentions a gym and pumping iron, so I'll use that as an example, since you should be able to see my point quite nicely:

If you're biased against the Sentry, you'll make the argument, that someone can have a bench press max of 300 lbs (Rogues one-rep-max). If you have to lift 333 lbs (Exitars force) you won't be able to stop him. You'll still be able to do the negative portion of the exercise slowly, but pushing the weight back up? No chance.
For that you would need a spotter, who could basically just back the weight with two fingers. It's more than enough to push those 33 lbs (Sentrys effort) up.

If you're biased towards the Sentry (like a certain other user, who was terrorizing the boards a couple of years ago)... you'll put all emphasis on the bit of dialogue, where it's said that Rogue had the combined power of all the heroes and was still not able to stop Exitar and say that Sentry did it AAALL on his own.
Holy hell, even that argument could be made. If Wolverine starts walking towards you and you want to push him back, you won't be able to. He is too strong. Maaaybe you'll be able to somewhat slow him down..? But actually not. And then along comes a Sentry and pushes him back just like that. How much work did you really do at that point?

The safest route is that the Sentry did 50% of the work. That's how I always like to refer to it as well: Sentry mirrored Rogues effort, who had the combined power from all the heroes, which was also amped by gamma radiation.
Captain America had said that Rogue was only half of the equation. 50 / 50. That's the simplest way to approach it. That's what the comic tried to establish as well, no matter how dumb it is.

That's how the powerful the Sentry is at his probable peak. And that's how powerful he also has to be, if we consider that Rick Remender (the writer of the arc) would have probably made him an event boss (again) down the line.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 11:21 AM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Stopping Exitar's descent was waaay more impressive than flying his corpse away. Even if it was a shared feat.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 12:27 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Earth is an speck to Exitar.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 12:48 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Earth is an speck to Exitar.
In what way?

Certainly not where size is concerned...

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2019 12:23 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote